Author Topic: Scottish Robs Book entitled 'It's a height thing'  (Read 20755 times)

Vince G

Re: Scottish Robs Book entitled 'It's a height thing'
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 07:49:32 am »
See Robbie, when it comes to guns "size matters"   ;D

Well Dave, I asked around if anyone witnessed that coin shoot and they sent a picture for proof?

So I guess it's True
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:58:38 am by Vince G »

Arnold

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 11:31:22 am »
Wow .. even this big , looks like he ( David ) just nicked the Cion at 2:00 o'clock a little .
I have a Ruger 357 Magnum ( three inch barrel ) for our Protection , I bet I counldn't hit that Coin with from 50 meters . Not very accurate , but does damage close up .. for anyone coming in through my Window .. instead of the Door .

Vince G

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:33 am »
That's a powerful gun and the 3 inch barrel is the reason for the not very accurate. Short range accuracy. I'm not looking to kill anyone, I just want to stop them so I can kick them a bit.  :o

Sorry for the hijack, but it's one of my hobbies. Photography, woodwork, guns and archery. 

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »
I am certain that I could not hit that coin from 10 meters Vince...not with a hand gun anyway.

Our laws here totally forbid private ownership of hand guns, and we go through horrendous Police processes to own rifles of any calibre.

Having said that, with my Anshutz 1417 competition rifle plus the 2X 25 X 55 scope I could take out that coin dead centre at 1 mile  ;D ;D

Vince G

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 04:51:55 pm »
Here in the US every state has their own law on guns. Rifles are a free for all. I think? you just need to show a drivers lic. or some id. Hand guns are different. In New York at that time (20 years ago) you were checked by the county, state and FBI. It was a 6 month process. You HAD to belong to the NRA? you HAD to belong to a gun club that had a shooting range? a NY state hunting lic. You had to have 3 references from people that knew you more then a year? or maybe two? don't really remember BUT they could not be a relative, a police officer (all my neighbors were), or someone you do business with. I cheated somewhat, my two landlords and my accountants wife (but friends too) signed the sheets. But I got it.

They changed the laws soon after about the gun club and the NRA and I was glad to get rid of both. Now I could take my gun anywhere in the state of NY.... except New York City. One problem (I spouted off to them with) The only way to get from Long ISLAND where I lived to upstate NY was through NYC?

Sold the guns when I moved down here to the south where just a drivers lic is needed to buy a hand gun or rifle. But you do have to take a 6 hour course for a carry permit. Different state different laws.

So how's the height thing going Robbie?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
Going great mate, 10 chapters completed and on computer. 3 chapters under desk in paper form. i think maybe another 2 chapters should complete it ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »
Thanks Dave, now I know what size to buy when Xia gives birth to keep all the boys away........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha...you're not wrong Jase...

I always seemed to have a rifle on the table cleaning it when my girls brought home some sort of pond-life or other that was their latest boyfriend.....they looked very wary after that...and polite too....worked for me  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Clayton

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »
Dads Rules For Dating

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Robertt, this is also my number one rule with my 16 year old daughter.

Just on the subject of guns, my favourite was the 22/250, but it's just too hard to own a gun these days so I've gone for the next best thing, I own and still use a 10 ft  stock whip witch i had an occasion to use on an undesirable visitor one day, I got him across the but while he was making a hasty exit, word soon got around about this cranky old bugga with a stock whip,that was 5/6 years ago.
Anyway, to this day the local boys know me as the father with the whip, and when ever my daughter goes out the boys all look after her.

It works for me

Cheers

Leeroy
This is the way to go

Vince G

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2011, 10:47:19 pm »
I also had the Marlin 22 semi scoped, 12g single and the S&W 669 9mm. The 9 was a nice gun but after just doing one clip the safety would get loose? I tried everything, locktight, etc. nothing worked the safety would just hang.

Arnold

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49:09 pm »
How did we ever get to the GUN scene on Rob's Book thread ?
Oh  ??? , I think  ::) .. I started it with the Camera on David's Helicopter . I feel we should give back the thread here it belongs . We can always start a new topic " Gun Shop " have Gun will Travel or better not .

Offline shaun

« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2011, 04:59:53 am »
Arnold your the one that can pull the trigger and split the thread.  ;D

My apologies to Rob.

Vince G

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:54 am »
We just went off topic waiting for more replies. SO it's the people that haven't replied fault.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2011, 09:48:24 am »
hahahahahaha
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Vince G

« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:27 pm »
Here ya go Robbie, trotters (1983) at a track back in NY near where I grew up. btw this track was within sight of where Charles Lindbergh took off from to Paris.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »
way to dangerous :-\ :-\