Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 52276 times)

Offline mustfocus

Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2010, 10:05:01 pm »
I think I can sum this up in one word... HUH?

Do you have the name of this officer?  I think the problem with immigration right now is that the government is not held accountable... If you could challenge the reasoning behind why they think you're not on the QT, I bet you'd have a quick approval...

Any idea how much this check and report will cost?
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:41 pm »
OOHH.. I have the name signed on the letter.

And dam-it it I just finished writing how my day went going to the commissioners but I lost the post when I tried to post because of a new post added.

Apocalyptic or what?
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »
Damn Rhonald. This has to be infuriating. Especially after a year that they have had your application. I hope you can get this resolved quickly!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »
Since as can been seen by the jest of the letter - the main reason for the criminal check is to do with child and/or family abuse.

When I showed up at the Corp of Commissioners this morning I meet with a commissioner that was Chinese. He was confused with my original request because he thought the letter was from the Hong Kong Police and not the Canadian Consulate. He passed me on to his supervisor who enlightened me on Judicial matters. The supervisor mentioned that quite often he gets this request from Mexico and the Philipines. However, this was the first time he had a request from Hong Kong.

He explained that certain people could have had a conviction and that later be granted a pardon on the so called family crimes. This pardon would make the crimes fall under the radar if a routine criminal check was done from a potential employer. Only if the job would require working with children that a more through check would be needed. This they call a "Vulnerable Sector Clearance" search. The consulates do not have the authority to conduct the search, thus the RCMP request.

Now he said that at one time the RCMP had the Corp of Commissioners do the search, but because of some foul up back east, The RCMP washed their hands of the business and now the local police department institutes the search. So off to the Calgary Police department I went while thinking on how I seem to end up first on my October trip and now, spending Hard time in Copper land. Penny for my thoughts... :(

Well the "Vulnerable Sector Clearance" search cost me $30 Cdn of cold hard cash and I am told that it will take 2 - 3 weeks to complete.

But I am now scratching my head - why the check. Sure she has a child, a boy of 16 years. But if she never had a child, she could as so often happens become pregnant. So in turn then every Male sponsor should have to under go a similar precaution. I for the Life of me try to think if any of my EMF's contained anything that would raise concerns from the Visa officer checking our application. But I can not think of something rotten in Dem-marks of writing.

Paul Todd

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2010, 10:47:12 pm »
This would try the patience of a saint! Good luck my friend. I know they say good things come to those wait but this must drive you to distraction!!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2010, 10:49:14 pm »
And to think - tomorrow I am off to Jolly Ole England to hang out in all places - Sherwood Forest  :o

Maybe I am a bandit - specially if I wear a German Jersey with my Men In Tights tights  8)

I will be in Nottingham ( I swear I was not fondilling that porkchop) for 2 weeks training so I hope when I return the letter will be ready for me to send to Hong Kong.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:51:59 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2010, 02:13:11 am »
I was walking to the store this evening with my son and explaining to him what the Commissioner had explained to me about the VSC search. Then it hit me  :o

I use to coach my son's soccer teams. He was always in a local community house league. But once he became older then 12, he had to join the city league. We have a policy here that for city leagues, the coaching staff has to undergo a similar VSC search. I remember having to do this in order to qualify to be a coach. If I remember right the fee was only 10 dollars as it was organised through our local soccer association.

So now I wonder that maybe, once a background search is everdone on someone in regards to this, a record is kept that a search was requested. Could it be that the consulate has seen that a search has been done in the past on me and it was this that raised a red flag for them? They are maybe trying to see what the search was for. If this is the reason, then what a kick in the squirrel food for being a decent parent.

And also VSC did not have such an esoteric meaning but simply stands for "valid security clearance" I just remember hearing the Commissioner mentioning about vulnerable sectors and thought this was what VSC stood for.
:o Punny guy! Watch him scream!

In all seriousness though, you're nearly there.  Just hold on a bit longer and you'll get your prize.  If you lose faith, then things will eat at you.  I've seen it happen too many times to good people.

You are so right mustfocus I have to keep the faith I have to be.... Bruce Springsteen - Tougher Than The Rest
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:36:16 am by Rhonald »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2010, 05:19:05 am »
That's perfectly possible.  The most innocent things causing problems like this...or some overachieving immigration officer... I'm concerned that it took so long to get back to you on this...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:22 am »
Rhonald,

I was going to suggest that it is quite possibly just a random spot check. But this other VSC check you had done could have been the trigger for another check. If you have been a good boy and not done anything wrong, just don't worry and get whatever documentation they want. I would not worry if I were you.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2010, 01:51:39 pm »
An update on the Beijing Internet Case Status Request page.  It is now saying Code 2-In queue for interview, not yet scheduled.

ttwjr32

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2010, 06:42:47 pm »
not sure about canadian procedure but im sure they have a fast and simple way of checking this as to why it was done or who
requested it. and i am sure that it would not hurt you at all in the process and if anything shows a positive thing

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2010, 07:53:34 pm »
An update on the Beijing Internet Case Status Request page.  It is now saying Code 2-In queue for interview, not yet scheduled.

Does this mean she is going to be scheduled for an interview Martin?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:32 pm »
I'm curious about something.  What is the point of asking for a passport if they haven't approved the person?  And if they get it, do they look at the travel history of the person and factor that into whether to let them in?
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2010, 08:12:29 pm »
I'm curious about something.  What is the point of asking for a passport if they haven't approved the person?  And if they get it, do they look at the travel history of the person and factor that into whether to let them in?

This is quite possible, although I have been to a couple countries that did not stamp my passport. I think it is more because they want to have it to examine it to make sure it is not forged. And then to attach the visa to it when approved. Just my thoughts on this.  :)

Dave C

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:07 pm »
That may be the case, however, logically,  it would make sense to have the interview first.

I hope that the passport can be done afterwords in my case.  My lady has to travel outside of China for her job.  So a passport is kind of necessary.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen