Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 52268 times)

Arnold

Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »
Rhonald , I've heard that HK had that 40% in July this year already combined .. so all is smooth sailing till next year .
Go anyway , remind them of this fact and bring your Pipa .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »
Well guys from the web site I am following for Hong Kong has another man have his wife pass the interview. They said she needed to redo her medical but that she had to wait for the form that would be mailed to her. They would not give her a form there. Also it seems that once the medical is done that the average wait time is still another 2 to 3 months before the request to send in the passport. So I don't see my wife's arrival now until maybe February  >:(   , that is once she passes her interview in November.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2010, 10:45:28 pm »
Holy frig....this is stupid!  How can this consulate not provide a medical form for her?  Could you not send her out to get another medical done?(Available on the CIC web site I think)  Then when she passes her interview, and tells her she needs a new medical done, she can reach into her purse and hand it to the official.  Then she can hand them her passport as well (Hopefully).  Hong Kong seems to be run by another country...I can't believe the difference from them to Beijing.

Hang in there buddy...it will be over eventually.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:48:10 pm by Martin »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »
The guy whose  wife had the interview on Sept 13 said she had talked with someone else who had passed their interview in June and was there to finally pick up there passport. Another experienced member said that it did seem the norm 2- 3 months after the interview before the passports got the required visa.

At this rate I might just plan on waiting untill springtime when I can take holidays, since the first quarter is our busiest time, and bring her back then. Gees 2 years since out marriage registration before I can officially have her as my wife here  :(

Paul Todd

« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2010, 11:25:55 pm »
That's a long long time my friend!  :( I can understand your frustration at this turn of events, seems like there pretty much a law unto themselves in Hong Kong. Every time you have the end in sight they come up with another reason to extend the whole thing. Not giving out a form is just ridiculous.... Hang in there  :)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2010, 11:26:28 pm »
I am really sorry to hear this frustrating news.  I just don't understand how they operate.  When you pass your interview in Beijing, you get your passport back that same day.  To say that this is silly is a huge understatement.  Is there anything you can do...like talk to your MP?  You don't happen to be in the riding of Calgary-Southwest are you?  If you are, you have the most powerful MP...maybe he can do something for you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:28:15 pm by Martin »

Offline maxx

« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »
Rhonald I feel for you my friend.I can't beleave they have ben jerking your Chain going on 2 years.I think I would do what Martin suggested.Who knows it mite help.

Arnold

« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2010, 12:38:23 am »
Well guys from the web site I am following for Hong Kong has another man have his wife pass the interview. They said she needed to redo her medical but that she had to wait for the form that would be mailed to her. They would not give her a form there. Also it seems that once the medical is done that the average wait time is still another 2 to 3 months before the request to send in the passport. So I don't see my wife's arrival now until maybe February  >:(   , that is once she passes her interview in November.

Now this Woman passed the interview , but her medical paper's (were out of date ? ) and had to redo them . What has that to do with your Wife Rhonald ? Are her's outdated too ? She still has what two months before the Interview , why not ask for a Form ( if needed ) and she'll get it in time for another Exam and take those with her . Do I have this right ? If yes , I'd go for it now .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2010, 01:27:29 am »
Guys I am just forcasting my own time period. The guy who had his wife's interview on Sept 13 uses the name King125. He has his timeline at almost 3 months ahead of mine. It was his wife that was told about the medical redo and having to wait for the mailed form. I know my wife's medical has already expired and I wouldn't mind having her, as Martin suggest, to redo one now so it is ready. Its just that as the other blog site mentions, the Hong Kong consulate frowns on preemptive decisions on our part. They are a real Autocratic consulate that drive us crazy by their compassionate lack of common courtesy.

Since my wife's interview is on Nov 2, I just added 3 months to that date to get an idea how much longer will be my timeline. And on Feb 12/2011 it will be our 2nd anniversary. Since I always wished to help her move here, if I do go I will not be able to plan another trip until our slow season in spring time. I was originally thinking that I would have a nice Christmas gift but with the Grinch that stole Christmas living in Hong Kong, well ........ it is no use for me to hang the stockings with care in hopes that my Saint Ziyan .... could be snuggled in bed.

And Arnold here before we submit our application, the applicant needs to do a medical. The medical results are only good for 1 year. Since almost all applicants are taking more then a year for Hong Kong, it necessitates re-dos on medicals.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:32:31 am by Rhonald »

ttwjr32

« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2010, 02:02:13 am »
Rhonald,

im sure that everyone feels the same as i do, that is just an insane amount of time to have to wait. But i guess
you just have to wait it out for the end result. i just was wondering if the medical expires in a year and they know
its taking over a year why do they require them to do it so early??

Keep your spirits up were halfway thru sept and february is right around the corner. your almost done.

Oh and of course do they charge you for another medical??  Or is it on them because of the time frame. I
think i know the answer to this but thought i would ask anyway

Ted

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2010, 08:17:37 am »
Oh and of course do they charge you for another medical??  Or is it on them because of the time frame. I
think i know the answer to this but thought i would ask anyway
Ted
Ted, Ted, Ted...This is the Canadian Government we are talking about here.  Of course they will not pay for another medical.  That would almost be a nice thing to do, and niceness doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the federal civil servants.  I just think Hong Kong is ridiculous in how they operate.  Maybe the Ambassador from Beijing should drop in, and start kicking some asses.

ttwjr32

« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:15 am »
Martin---- you stand corrected --- the ambassador from china---- not Bejing  >:(

i just think if your government let Mike in so fast why is it taking everyone else so long
oh i dont believe i just said that ??? ??? ???

no i agree its just a big waste of time and money that they make you do  and i thought
the usa was bad no comparison

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2010, 11:22:25 am »
The policy for having to do medicals before sending in the complete application package is a global condition. From most places in the world the process is less then a year - such as Beijing. But some places are a time sink such as Hong Kong, Central America;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp  gives you the short & unsweet view of our turmoil of time.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »
And they might even let you stay longer after that, if you learn to say "eh?"

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2010, 08:02:23 am »
Rhonald, I hear that a congratulations is in order!  Congrats to the both of you.