Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 52291 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »
MF-I talked to an immigration lawyer a few months ago.  If you are concerned about offensive questioning, then this is the least of your concerns!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:22 pm »
:Soon it will all be over"  was the thread title here of the other Canadian (Bob is his user name) I was referring to.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:24:26 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »
Martin: What have you heard?  Some perspective would be good.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »
Was told by the immigration lawyer, that some questions could be about your sex life.  These questions are not always asked, but they have been known to come up.  Questions about frequency of intimacy...your favorite position...etc.

My wife was less than impressed when I warned her about this.  I think this line of questioning is way over the edge of what I consider decent.  But, I am sure this line of questioning only comes up when there is doubt. (that is my assumption)

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:22 pm »
At that point, Zhifang or my wife or anyone else's wife should start quoting Pierre...

That's downright offensive.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:40:31 pm by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2010, 11:28:38 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='34707' dateline='1268787357'

Quote from: 'Martin' pid='34665' dateline='1268761067'

To my knowledge, none of us have gone through this process yet...but maybe someone has heard...is it recommended that the women have a translator present with them during the interview?

Zhifang's English is good...sort of.  I can understand her, but I doubt many others will understand her.  I just know how she pieces the language together.  In an interview, if it is to be in English, might prove to be difficult for the person giving it, and not being able to understand what she is saying.  Or does CIC allow for the interview to be in Chinese?

From the one old form I read - they recomended that if asked, she should say she wishes to do it in English.

I remember seeing in a forum someplace that under no circumstances should the interview be done in any language other than english. I remember seeing in the post that it is an automatic denial if you request it to be done in chinese. They will continue  with the interview, but they will already have their mind made up.
I also remember the post saying that it was ok to have a translator present, just do the interview in english. I don't remember which forum it was though. I am just trying to confirm that I have seen this post too.

Dave C
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:30:37 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline maxx

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:05 pm »
Dave sorry to interrupt you Jinadians.I'm the one that posted the statement about.The lady must do the interview in English.When I posted that it was for the Americans.I don't know if that is true or not for the Canadians.

I would check with a good immagration attorney in Canada to find out the right answer.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2010, 01:23:45 am »
Maxx...get the hell out of our thread.  The Canadian Government turned down your application to become a Canadian!  Quit trying to pretend like you are one of us, by hanging out in the Canadian thread! haha

Dave...it'd be really great to get that information, as Rhonald, Chong, and I could be looking at interviews in the next several months.  I am not sure if any other cdn's are at this stage yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:24:12 am by Martin »

ttwjr32

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2010, 04:51:16 am »
i have heard from 2 people from the usa and they also asked personal
questions about their sex life so i guess it isnt a country related topic but
all countries might ask these questions which i think are irelevant but i guess
they seem to think they are above that???

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:05 am »
Ok guys, one thing to remember here is that our 2 GREAT nations are very similar. Usually what happens in the USA happens in Canada and vise versa. I would still request the interview to be done in english if I were the one being interviewed, especially if your english is fair. Why take a chance. Should you not show a genuine interest in the culture you are trying to emmigrate to? I would say that the far too personal questions that may be asked would happen in the relationships that look too questionable. The man is 57 and the woman is 23 say. I could see them asking some sexual questions in that type of relationship. My opinion on all of this about CIS interviews, spend the money and get an immigration lawyer. Follow his/her advise and think about your answers to the interviewer. I thought there was the option for us to be with them for the interview too. I personally would get my butt there and be with her, if I have that option. Take a personal family business leave from work. My employer before was very good about these type of leaves. I was not a model employee but I did not abuse their absentee rules. I know that some guys here may not have the finances available to just get up and go to china too. To spend several grand on  a woman to receive a life of happiness is well worth it to me, even if I have to give up all the nice things in my life here. I can get them back later and even do this with her here. This is just my opinion. I am not trying to find fault with anybody here due to his/her financial situation either.

Dave C
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='34764' dateline='1268803425'

Maxx...get the hell out of our thread.  The Canadian Government turned down your application to become a Canadian!  Quit trying to pretend like you are one of us, by hanging out in the Canadian thread! haha

Dave...it'd be really great to get that information, as Rhonald, Chong, and I could be looking at interviews in the next several months.  I am not sure if any other cdn's are at this stage yet.

I googled the CIS web site and read as much as I could. I did this last summer. I don't have the exact web page but you could look it up and start reading. I think the other forum, chnlove forum, had given me the idea to look at the web site. I have not gone through this process yet. The woman I am involved with is chinese and living in Singapore. Being chinese she will have to go through this process, I'm sure. Friends of my parents, their son has been through this process. I don't know how long ago or even how old they are. I am waiting to meet them when my parents get back from florida. I have a lot of questions for them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:20:49 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:50 am »
These two posting is from the blog site I am following on applications from out of Hong Kong. The poster is King125 and he is at about 12 months on his time line. I thought I would share it with you.
POST 1
Seems to be a game now

We did receive this on Feb 2nd 2010.
"Hello Rob:
CIC contacted me this a.m. (Feb. 2nd , 2010) and said that on December 14th Su's  case has now in interview que.
It will be brought forward to a unit – on March 4th.They cannot tell us when the interview will be, so keep close contact with Su .
She has received by letter the same information that I am telling you now.
If she is approved at the interview, she will have move forward with police clearance and medicals.
 There won’t be any further updates until after March 4th, 2010 they say."

So now it is about 3 weeks since March 4th 2010 and stil have not heard a bloody thing from Hong Kong

POST2
Hey, I just found the results of the aduit done on Hong Kong

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/hong_kong.asp
Seems intresting and explains some of the delays which includes renovations, increase in applications, fraud
etc
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

ttwjr32

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:16 pm »
thats quite a interesting report i tried to find something similiar for
the states but to no avail

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:08 pm »
Spent $1040 in immigration fees.  My application is filled out completely.  I just want to go over it carefully, to make sure I have signed everything, and then I will send it in to CIC-M later this week.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
I mailed my immigration package to CIC-M.  Total cost was $18.18, for a package weighing 2.808 kg or 6.19 Pounds.  Dimensions of the package were 48 cm X 36 cm X 11 cm.

So Chong, the race is now on.  Last one to bring their wife over buys dumplings.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2010, 09:26:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='37063' dateline='1271454058'

I mailed my immigration package to CIC-M.  Total cost was $18.18, for a package weighing 2.808 kg or 6.19 Pounds.  Dimensions of the package were 48 cm X 36 cm X 11 cm.

So Chong, the race is now on.  Last one to bring their wife over buys dumplings.

Courier or standard post?

And the first time both your wives are here, wo qing ke...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen