All About China > Visas, Immigration and Emigration

Emigrating to China - what inoculations are needed?

(1/2) > >>

Irishman:
Does anyone know what inoculations are needed or advisable for someone moving to China permanently? Does it vary by region?

I'm moving to Beijing or Tianjin for the first few years until I learn Mandarin and then want to move somewhere warmer and where the air is cleaner so I guess I need the full range of shots.

RobertBfrom aust:
Ronan , that is like asking what type of shots we need to go to Ireland , if you are not going off the beaten track , nothing is needed , only if you intend trecking to weird and wonderful places would you need anything , like a wandering backpacker , and if you are wandering consult a local Chinese doctor it is far cheaper , regards Robert .

Irishman:
I dunno Robert, I remember maxx I think saying that his wife had to have 15 shots!!, before she came to America so there risks in other countries that I would have no natural immunity to coming from Ireland (by the way the only thing you need for here is a blanket to keep warm..we don't have any mosquito's or poisonous animals..just cold weather ahah!)

brett:
I'm going to my doctor's travel clinic next week, I'll probably get told off for arranging it too late. But I might find out more about what's recommended.

Hepatitis A is the only one that really scares me - you can get it from food and as we know China is not the cleanest place on earth. I think innoculation for this one is essential.

But after that it's probably best to ensure you're up to date your other innoculations. If you're sticking to the cities then anything else is considered very low risk. Just remember other basic health advice, like staying away from animals and be wary of swimming in rivers etc. As far as I'm aware the most dangerous thing in China is the traffic :icon_cheesygrin:.

Neil:
I got Twinrix (hep A and B) and Tetanus shots and took malaria pills.  My doctor recommended I get a MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) booster because I'm 40, but I didn't bother.   Your doctor can help you decide what you'll need I'm sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version