All About China > Chinese Culture And Festivals

National day

<< < (3/9) > >>

JimB:
We went there this evening to the Square.  There was still about 100,000 people there.  All of the floats were still there.  Pretty awesome.  I am going to put pics up on my phototbucket later.  Only problem was we had to walk about 2 miles away before we could even get a bus out.  Then took it 6 stops up to even get a taxi home.  I am really bushed.  Before that we went to the best place in Beijing to get Peking Duck.  it is fast turning into my favorite place.  I highly recommend it to anyone coming here.  It is a bit expensive but well worth it. For four of us it went about $120.00 but I had a decent bottle of wine for about $40.00 USD  So figure about $20.00 each which isnt bad considering.  it is within walking distance to the square.

Irishman:
I was there Jim, I know the exact place you are talking about (you ride an elevator to the first floor right and the main area is one huge big floor with chandeliers and Chinese art right?). And yes the Peking Duck there is incredible. We spent 576 RMB between the two of us and thats with just one bottle of beer for me. My eyes nearly popped outta my head!! You got expensive tastes! :) Ling told me it was THE best place in Beijing for Peking duck though so it was pretty special.

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: 'JimB' pid='18647' dateline='1254407164' ---
Even jackie Chan in the finale Singing, didnt know he could sing.  Looked like he was lipsinging anyway.

--- End quote ---

Jackie Chan   - Whenever I refer to him by that name I am promptly told his name is Cheng Long - and his given name means Successful Dragon.

Willy

JimB:

--- Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='18723' dateline='1254497867' ---
I was there Jim, I know the exact place you are talking about (you ride an elevator to the first floor right and the main area is one huge big floor with chandeliers and Chinese art right?). And yes the Peking Duck there is incredible. We spent 576 RMB between the two of us and thats with just one bottle of beer for me. My eyes nearly popped outta my head!! You got expensive tastes! :) Ling told me it was THE best place in Beijing for Peking duck though so it was pretty special.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is the place. I know it is expensive but I dont go there every week. That was just my second trip there.  I have not eaten a better meal in China than there. oops, except for my mother-in-laws dumplings.

Arnold:
Jim , you got that " IN " just in time ! Be careful , nothing is better than Mom's cooking ... untill she tells you , it is . :icon_cheesygrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version