Author Topic: sticky like candy  (Read 10546 times)

Arnold

RE: sticky like candy
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:58 am »
Quote from: 'Peter' pid='22422' dateline='1257764690'

You are wrong Arnold... You can take the train to London but it takes a h*ll of a long time :icon_cheesygrin: Peter

Peter I knew one could take the Train ... but who in there right Mind would be willing to go that route or put there Lady through that ??? I mean , she can also take a Boat ... but compare Prices for that adventure . :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2009, 02:19:51 pm »
Peter I knew one could take the Train ... but who in there right Mind would be willing to go that route or put there Lady through that ??? I mean , she can also take a Boat ... but compare Prices for that adventure . :icon_cheesygrin:
[/quote]

Yeah your right there Arnold, those shipping containers don't look the most comfortable, and pretty pricey considering how many they cram into them...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:21:23 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Philip

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2009, 03:01:25 pm »
To be honest, I'm not worried about my lady's fear of flying.:icon_cheesygrin: In my mind, she walks on water anyway, so she can just hike it. Seeing as she is a flying virgin, I may take her on a small test flight some time soon.

Returning to England was strange. I'm used to sleeping on my own, but as the Police song says, The Bed's Too Big Without You. On the plane back, I sat next to a lady from Chongqing, who ran an international language school there and had connections with schools in England and Scotland. She said there was a market for French teachers in Chongqing. Go figure. Sylvain? Fancy going back to Chongqing? Maybe not. Anyway, I almost absent-mindedly put my hand on her thigh, so used was I to travelling with my lady. It was close.
We miss each other terribly already. Thank God I'm back in December.
Over the past week, we QQ each other many times a day.
My lady is a worrier. She can't sleep for thinking about small and large details, all genuine issues, and my job is to be the calm, sympathetic ear. I only have one worry, which is that it will all fall through for a reason that is beyond my control, but I am relentlessly positive when I talk with her. I believe we can overcome any obstacle.
This weekend, my lady had a long dark night of the soul (more like two days). She still has difficulty believing my family will accept her two children. She worries about getting a new job, finding the energy to do the job, when she is thinking about me all the time. She worries about what her life will be like in England, how her children will fare, whether she will sort out the custody of her children, and many more. We often have a lot of fun on webcam, her smile could melt the Arctic, but I know that when she is sharing her worries, there is no place for humour.
It was all getting a bit sombre on Sunday morning, and I was finding it hard to keep my chipper up with my positive responses. But then she sent me the photos of her (our) children which were on her mobile. I haven't met them yet, but I felt this was a breakthrough. I immediately printed large pictures of them and stuck them on my wall, next to pics of her and me. When we got on the webcam, I told her what I'd done. She wanted me to show them to her, so I turned the webcam to the wall.
The crinkly smile was back. Then she said how one of the Changsha friends had phoned her to say,'Hurry up and give birth to a fat baby by him'. Thank God for her friend. I may not be able to make light of these things to her, but her friends are allowed.
Then this morning she tells me that her elder brother has difficulty with us being together, and that I need to talk to him. So I send an email to the middle brother to ask him if he and his brother have any concerns and I get this reply:
Thanks for your gifts to me and my family. We are very happy to meet you too.
  I don't known what's your plan with my sister in future. Anyway I and my brother will repect your decision.
  We believe you can manage the obstacles between you and my sister, as you know, different culture, different life style, different languages, etc. If you overcome all of these obstacles, I believe you will make a bright future together.
  Whatever you do, wherever you go, we are always give our best wishes to you.

Yours sincerely.
  Richard.
So, as well as being quite choked to get that response, I'm wondering what my lady was so worried about. I will have to find out later. Never a dull moment.

p.s. yes Willy, let's meet

ttwjr32

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2009, 06:55:11 pm »
Philip,

That was a great story. Best wishes in the future with you and your lady. You are right it is never a dull moment
but it is always a wonderful experience. Does your lady live in Guangzhou??  I live here and if she has any reservations
about the differences you two might have maybe she could have dinner with my wife and i here in Guangzhou. She can see
how we get along with the differences and maybe that will put her mind at ease. just a suggestion as i am willing to help
anyone here. I find that soon after your together you find the ways to overcome these obstacles.  i am learning mandarin
and we have many comical moments when i am practicing with her. anyway just my 2 cents worth

Ted

Offline Danny

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:53 am »
Quote from: 'Philip' pid='22456' dateline='1257796885'

Then she said how one of the Changsha friends had phoned her to say,'Hurry up and give birth to a fat baby by him'.

Richard

I love that about Chinese people. It is really earthy. I love the fact that it is for them a pleasure and delight to have children.

In Australia it seems they hate children. I mean if you take a child into a cafe and it makes the least bit of noise, everyone looks at you angry and mean. I reckon if you took a dog into a cafe it would be more welcome than a child *laughs*

And also here, many of the women take no pleasure at the prospect of babies, none at all. It is all just a dreadful and unwelcome burden.

It's not as though I want a baby so much. Hell I don't mind one way or the other. But I love being part of a culture and people that loves children.

My good woman in Wuhan, she is a primary school teacher, and she told me that the children in her class want her to marry me so she will have blue eyed babies. That made me laugh and laugh.

Danny
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:55:47 am by Danny »

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:54 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='22508' dateline='1257850313'

Quote from: 'Philip' pid='22456' dateline='1257796885'

Then she said how one of the Changsha friends had phoned her to say,'Hurry up and give birth to a fat baby by him'.

Richard

I love that about Chinese people. It is really earthy. I love the fact that it is for them a pleasure and delight to have children.

In Australia it seems they hate children. I mean if you take a child into a cafe and it makes the least bit of noise, everyone looks at you angry and mean. I reckon if you took a dog into a cafe it would be more welcome than a child *laughs*

And also here, many of the women take no pleasure at the prospect of babies, none at all. It is all just a dreadful and unwelcome burden.

It's not as though I want a baby so much. Hell I don't mind one way or the other. But I love being part of a culture and people that loves children.

My good woman in Wuhan, she is a primary school teacher, and she told me that the children in her class want her to marry me so she will have blue eyed babies. That made me laugh and laugh.

Danny

Danny, Marry her,Marry her,Marry her....:icon_cheesygrin:
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Arnold

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:53 am »

My good woman in Wuhan, she is a primary school teacher, and she told me that the children in her class want her to marry me so she will have blue eyed babies. That made me laugh and laugh. Danny

Ah hah , now we know what those wonderful chinese Lady's are after ?:icon_cheesygrin:
It's the Golden Hair and the Blue Eyes :rolleyes:
Well , at least that is my Wife's wish ... what our Baby should look like .

Phillip , you are definitely on your way there , having BOTH feet through that Family door . Good for you Man .
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:14:08 am by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:59 am »
Song will have to settle for dark hair and hazel green eyes. :icon_biggrin:

shaun

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 10:12:51 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='22514' dateline='1257862133'

My good woman in Wuhan, she is a primary school teacher, and she told me that the children in her class want her to marry me so she will have blue eyed babies. That made me laugh and laugh. Danny

Ah hah , now we know what those wonderful chinese Lady's are after ?:icon_cheesygrin:
It's the Golden Hair and the Blue Eyes :rolleyes:
Well , at least that is my Wife's wish ... what our Baby should look like .

Phillip , you are definitely on your way there , having BOTH feet through that Family door . Good for you Man .

Maybe I should put I have blue eyes in my profile, but then again they would have to get past the fact that I am ever so lightly balding.  I know you can't see it in my picture but there is a small bald spot in the back of my head. :icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 11:21:27 am »
Are you sure you don't mean ''a small patch of hair'' at the back of your head ???

At least that's one thing I've never had to worry about, i have always had a full head of hair !!  lol!!

David.....

Offline Philip

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:11 pm »
My lady is really struggling at the moment. She keeps on saying things like her heart is messy, and she can't sleep. She wants my presence. She says it is only my love that will not make her feel the cold.
I know she is worried about many things, like finding work, like not being able to see me on the webcam if she finds work. And there are difficulties in her life that I don't know about, maybe bigger. I have asked her what her main worry is, but maybe she can't tell me. It is not easy being on the other side of the world.
She has two good brothers, one of whom lives in Zhongshan, where she works. She has good friends, mostly in Changsha. But I think she finds it difficult to ask for help from them.
I would appreciate any advice you can give to be supportive. I will visit her in December. I cannot go earlier, but I know she needs help now. I know there is no substitute for me actually being there, but is there anything I can do or say?
Thanks guys. Any advice would be welcomed at the moment.

Vince G

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009, 01:23:42 pm »
Philip, al you I can do is to tell her hang on. December isn't that far off.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:58 pm »
Quote from: 'Philip' pid='22538' dateline='1257874451'

My lady is really struggling at the moment. She keeps on saying things like her heart is messy, and she can't sleep. She wants my presence. She says it is only my love that will not make her feel the cold.
I know she is worried about many things, like finding work, like not being able to see me on the webcam if she finds work. And there are difficulties in her life that I don't know about, maybe bigger. I have asked her what her main worry is, but maybe she can't tell me. It is not easy being on the other side of the world.
She has two good brothers, one of whom lives in Zhongshan, where she works. She has good friends, mostly in Changsha. But I think she finds it difficult to ask for help from them.
I would appreciate any advice you can give to be supportive. I will visit her in December. I cannot go earlier, but I know she needs help now. I know there is no substitute for me actually being there, but is there anything I can do or say?

Try to find out when she goes to sleep and when she usually wakes up.  When she is about to go to sleep, send her a short note using SMS wishing her sweet dreams.  A little after you think she's woken up, send her another note wishing her a great morning.  It might cost a little, but it'll keep you in her thoughts and make some of the time more bearable.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 12:51:23 am »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='22562' dateline='1257899998'

Quote from: 'Philip' pid='22538' dateline='1257874451'

Try to find out when she goes to sleep and when she usually wakes up.  When she is about to go to sleep, send her a short note using SMS wishing her sweet dreams.  A little after you think she's woken up, send her another note wishing her a great morning.  It might cost a little, but it'll keep you in her thoughts and make some of the time more bearable.

What a lovely idea! It is, after all, the thought that counts - and knowing that you are in someone's thoughts, at their sleeping and in their waking, is priceless in terms of expressing support and affection. The most important thing is not that it keeps you in her thoughts but that she knows she is in your thoughts and in your heart.  And the last words in your short MSN, each night and morning, should be Wo Ai Ni.  What other words make you glow with warmth when you are feeling cold?!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Arnold

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:00 am »
Phillip , if you really need my Help to calm your Lady down .. PM me her Chnlove ID and I will write (EMF) her and comfort her . I will do my best to let her see how much you care for her .. through a third Person's eyes . One that has gone through Month's and Month's of waiting between Visit's . If I can comfort my Wife through two year's of this Torture ... I think I can help you Lady also .
Think about it , and let me know .
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:09:36 am by Arnold »