Author Topic: Chinese Women and Eating  (Read 3043 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Chinese Women and Eating
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:36:38 pm »
I have observed and read from other brothers all talking about how much Chinese ladies eat and still remain thin.

I could not believe it when I saw how much my wife, her friends and my step daughter all ate.  They ate at least twice as much as I did. Especially in a cafeteria where it is all you can eat.  She would come back with at least three plates all filled with food and eat it.  I even commented about it. Now my wife said she gained weight when I was there and I could believe it by how much she ate. She said it was my cooking that did it.  I only cooked lunches.  Sometimes dinner and yes I made fattening items but not that much.   Qingqing ate a ton of food and is still thin as a rail.  She would even eat cake at night.  I wondered if she went into the bathroom and threw it all up later.  
Has all of the other brothers noticed this?  I am just curious about it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Hajo

RE: Chinese Women and Eating
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 01:14:26 pm »
Jim,

Hehe, it is the same here. I talked to my wife about the same issue. She told it was because of their bodies are used to burn the meals faster. My wife told me (don't tell her that I told you, haha) that she has taken weight on since she came to Denmark.

I must commit, I have a tendency to eat to much too. But I think their is something in the way they prepare the meals or maybe the ingredients. It have observed I have to go to the bathroom more often. In fact, my wife teases me when I say I got to go to the bathroom.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:23:49 pm »
JimB yeah my wife is the same way.It is there Metabolism.It Is cranked way up.If my wife doesn't eat when she is hungry.She will become real angry real fast.I can't ever remember my wife not eating something about every hour.Most of the stuff she eats is fruit or vegetables.Then about 5:00 pm she will fix a full meal.

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 03:16:26 pm »
Don't know if any of you guy's remember this, but there is a hotdog eating championship held every year in the US (i think it was there) most of the contestants were, well fairly large guy's (i mean real big..) And then there was this tiny asian lady, Guess who won? yep, the asian lady. It was on tv, and i can not believe how much this girl could put away, pretty inpressive. The guy's just could not keep up with her!! I think she was the undeafeated champion for a few years, Dunno if its on youtube, but if you can find it. its worth a look.

Andy...
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 04:34:32 pm »
Yes Wills I remember seeing that...I was TOTALLY amazed, I thought it was a stunt film at the time !!!:icon_biggrin:

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 06:51:40 pm »
Well I think it is many different factors.  The first is how they are rasied.  We had to eat at least three meals a day.  This would explain their metabolism.  So you take three solid meals and the snaking that chinese people do through out the day keeps the metabolism high.  These are the same principles i use as a bodybuilder.  I also use this principle when i help western women lose weight.  The second factor is what they eat.  They may eat many of the same foods from the food groups as us.  I dont see them eat the amout of bread, flour and sugar as we do.  Aslo the do no prepare their foods the same as westerners do.  So I think they can eat a ton of food and with out the sugar and fat present it is easier for them to stay thin.  Xe Lu and the other females in her family are all rail thin.  They all ate me under the table and laughed at me when i was full.  They thought it was funny when this big anarican could not eat as much as them but i was so big.  I could however drink more beer than they could, so i got them there.  And it is to my knowledge that fat men are at a disadvantage when they are in eating contest.  The stomach can actually expand to accomidate the amount of food that is being eaten.  As a larger man carrying belly fat the stomach cannot expand because the fat is in the way.  So the smaller women who eats 3x's a day and snacks throughout the day and is thin has an advantage.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:45:48 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='20956' dateline='1256437669'

As they say my wife eats like a horse but stays thin.

Ted
What do you expect when you keep taking home Hay after you have been to McDonalds.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Paul Todd

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:46:57 pm »
Ming Zhi has just read this thread and protested loudly that she is not like this at all :icon_cheesygrin: Maxx you got it right about every hour is about normal fruit and nuts are favorites, and then she complains when I cant eat my third bowl of rice with dinner. I've gained two belt hole in about 8 weeks!  Ted " I am just eating what she makes "  classic line my friend. hehe hehe
I'm taking over the kitchen tonight and its going to be interesting as she's never eaten pasta before!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 12:33:18 am »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='20960' dateline='1256442417'

I've gained two belt hole in about 8 weeks!  Ted " I am just eating what she makes "  classic line my friend. hehe hehe

I spent three months taking off the excess weight at a steady pace.  Now I am putting it on.  Today Biscuits and Cake for Breakfast followed during the morning by Bananas (peeled of course), Grapes (peeled and de-pipped of course) and now she is making noodles with meat and sausage and probably there will be a soup for lunch.  She is not thin she is Skinny because she weighs 97lbs and is 5.5" tall.  HOW!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 12:49:46 am »
Paul my wife likes Pasta she says it is real close to noodles.So it is ok.But forget anything else.It is Chinese food.Ore nothin at all.and there will be hell to pay.If there isn't something that she likes to eat.Oh I forgot barbeque tukey leg grill CHeese sandwich.And steak maybe once a year is ok

I cant make it past the second bowl eather.So Don't feel to bad.It Does fascinates me to no end to see a Chinese women put away that much food.and yet stay so trim and slim.

brett

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 04:18:48 am »
Well I can now add my own observations. Height for weight my lady is one of the thinnest on chnlove. Her waist is tiny. And yet we went to KFC for lunch and she ordered a beef wrap thing, a fish in a bun, prawn balls, a salad thing and a peach drink. When we went on the coach trip she had a huge lunch, ate two apples on the bus then demanded I buy her some meat on a stick from a dodgy street vendor. In the evening she ate a steak the size of a dinner plate (but left the broccoli ha ha ha). We ate unbelievable amounts of food in the Sichuan hotpot restaurant.

I have no idea what's going on, but I suspect it is genetic rather than the type or volume of food being eaten.

David5o

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 07:26:21 am »
My experience with the Chinese eating habits, is that they eat little and often. ....Very Often!!! They eat throughout the day, not just at conventional meal times. Much of what they eat consists of fruit, but not always. Probably, it's because of this constant eating, there metabolism stays higher for longer than us westerners. I also had a high metabolism until well into my 40's, then it just seemed to give up the  ghost!! ...hahaha!! The funny thing is, ...that sometimes even now, it kicks in again and i lose weight in a matter of days... Not that i've ever been what you would call over weight, just a few pounds here and there that i think shouldn't be there!! ...hahaha!!

Oh, and contrary to popular belief here, among the older generation in China, a ''pot belly'' is still considered as a sign of success and wealth, especially in the Chinese men!!

David....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:43:39 am by David5o »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:38 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='20985' dateline='1256469981'

Oh, and contrary to popular belief here, among the older generation in China, a ''pot belly'' is still considered as a sign of success and wealth, especially in the Chinese men!!

David....

That is why my wife loves me.  She calls me her Panda.  lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 12:40:14 pm »
Well, with my wife I have to say she resembles how others described it. She likes her full meals but does quite a bit of snacking of fruit throughout the day. One thing I was thinking is how much walking she does each day and how little we do. I think it has a bit to do with how quickly they can burn the food off.

About the pot-belly... I've got my 40yr old belly and took years to acquire it. hehe. A couple weeks ago while visiting my wife she comes up to me and patt's my belly and says "The baby", and begins to laugh. I thought it was halarious but she loves to joke about it but also seems to admire it. It's kinda funny. One time she motions like her hand is a knife and cuts some of my belly off and puts it on one breast, cuts a little more off and puts it on the other. I couldnt help but get a good laugh outta this too but it reminds me she wouldnt mind having larger breasts, even if it come from the belly fat of her husband. LOL.

Anyway... I wonder about this walking thing. She's always on the go and I do think this has much to do with how their metabolism is wired.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

David5o

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »
Ed,

I suspect it's a bit of a combination, the Chinese do a lot of walking and other natural exercise during the course of a day, but then i think you'll find that it is the metabolism that has the greatest influence on fat burning.... I don't think exercise has that much influence on our metabolism, i was a 30'' waist into my 40's and i'm not into exercise. The last time i exercised regularly was back in my late 20's when i had to give up my martial arts training by going overseas working. I suppose i kept it up for a little while after, off my own back, ...but not for long  hahaha!!

Maybe i'm wrong mind!! ...lol!!

David....