Author Topic: Chinese Salaries  (Read 13613 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Chinese Salaries
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 10:45:18 am »
I read recently that the give back policy was 60 years
   still unsure of that one?? your kids just give it back to
   the govt? or do they rebuy it at a higher price?
      Ted

David5o

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 11:03:16 am »
I think your talking about property here aren't you Ted, I think you'll find that it's  immaterial, as most of the properties won't last that long. You'll also find different areas different rules, the give back can be anything from 55years to 70 years.....

David.....

Vince G

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 02:00:32 pm »
Some years ago I use to do engineer planning for sometimes Brownstones in NYC. When the owner wanted a new face front on the building. One of the things I had to check was the erosion of the stones. Most of these buildings were anywhere from 60 to 100 years old. Acid rain doesn't help. Seeing photos of buildings in China, they don't take any care for them so they don't last.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:01:15 pm by Vince G »

Offline maxx

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 07:52:42 pm »
Vince really shoddy construction.Remeber the schools.That fell down in the last earthquake.I don't think any of there buildings would stand up to a strong earthquake.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 10:02:01 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='22527' dateline='1257869286'

David,
yes your right the house my wife bought 9 years ago is in a buildiing that
is only 10 years old???  looks older than me and thats old.
Ted

It looks older than you and you WANT ME to visit!!!!!!

Must be second to only the Great Wall!!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

The shopgirls in Zhongshan are missing my 'Baba' !!!!

Willy
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:03:50 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:18 am »
Willy,

very funny hahahaha  but i still look good for my age  :icon_cheesygrin:

Scottish_Rob

Re: Chinese Salaries
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 06:14:43 am »
I just found out last night exactly how much Sophie earns each month. ???  A grand total of 1600 rmb per month :( 

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 07:54:54 am »
Yes Rob , and that is why they are so thrifty , that is a wage that is quite often bandied about , a Chinese teacher on 2500 rmd a month is not unusual , but then Willy earns that every day ha ha .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 08:40:21 am »
This is quite interesting to read. Almost makes it tempting to sell everything I got and go to China and live a rich guys life there haha. When my life is "only" good here.

But it would take someone special to share it with for me to do something like that. Just a silly thought I got hehe.

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »
Before you jump and move here make sure you discuss the money upfront in complete detail.
The almighty RMB is so much more important to some of these ladies that they sacrifice real
love for the sake of money.

Paul Todd

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 12:11:49 am »
The Chinese teachers at my school get 2000rmb a month for full weeks work and they work hard for it too. My wife's daughter is a nurse just out of training and she gets 900rmb a month! ???
Yes Ted some Chinese women are like that but luckily not all. ;D. and I agree being honest and open with them is always the best way to go.

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18:26 am »
And even then it still doesnt work out. When they get crazy ideas in their head.

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 05:35:09 am »
No of course I'm not gonna do that. But just a silly thought.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »
This is quite interesting to read. Almost makes it tempting to sell everything I got and go to China and live a rich guys life there ha ha. When my life is "only" good here.

But it would take someone special to share it with for me to do something like that. Just a silly thought I got he he.
It's not a bad Idea if you are just moving as a young man want to see the world so to speak.
But if you have a Chinese wife before you do it. Pay close Attention to what ted has told you here.
Most Chinese people believe all men from the west are rich. Especially Americans.
I have in the past 2 years seen 3 marriages go down the tubes. Simply because the wife was led to believe something that was not true.
And the big problem is they all listen to their friends. And for some stupid reason, they will believe the friend that has never been out of town hardly, Instead of the husband that has lived in the country all his life. And they all want to out do each other. It is very sad but it happens.

If you want to check out living in China. First always make sure you have a ride home anything can happen. Second don't sell all your stuff, If after you get here and like it for a year or more then consider it. Third research everything before you go. Have a plan. Have job interviews in place before you leave home. Don't just pack up and go.
It sounds romantic and all but it is totally ignorant.
You know my story with my daughters and all. I promised them if they really need me. I will be home in 48 hours. It would cost a fortune, But that money will never be spent I hope. Be prepared for anything. And don't act on emotion think things through, And if your brain is out of whack as all of ours do from time to time. Use the 24 hour rule and ask some friends here, They have helped me in some really bad times.
Jimmy Henson

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »
Well put Jimmy, you must give it some great thought and planning. But as you said they then listen to their idiot freinds
and tell them what it is really like in YOUR country but they havent been outside of the countryside all their life in China.
Its sad but they will believe a CHINESE  person over you. I was once told that chinese people dont lie. It is bred into them
because of their poor status and poor country that for the most part many will lie, cheat and steal for the almighty RMB.
But you have to give them credit they have to do this because their country offers them nothing you either save to quit
working or you have to work all your life or the kids take care of them. Its pretty sad but thats China. So if you make this
journey put it all on the table. Then if you have to walk away you do it with your head held high and it soesnt matter what
the crazy lady says about you.