Author Topic: My trip to Guangzhou - reloaded  (Read 27519 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: My trip to Guangzhou - reloaded
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2009, 06:41:40 pm »
A few pics..

My insane hotel room...

Chubby happy paddy on Pearl River cruise..

Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2009, 07:02:13 pm »
Irish you schmuck.You damm near torpedoed this one to.Did you forget something? Learn it live it love it.Does 24 hours mean nothing to you.Did Sunny walk up to you and say it was over? NO then it isn't over till you or Sunny says it's over.I think you lay awake at night.And think how you can screw your relationships up.

I'm really glad to here Sunny is a hell of allot smarter then you.Why don't you quit thinking so much.And let her show you what this love thing is all about.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2009, 07:07:26 pm »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='22358' dateline='1257724933'

Irish you schmuck.You damm near torpedoed this one to.Did you forget something? Learn it live it love it.Does 24 hours mean nothing to you.Did Sunny walk up to you and say it was over? NO then it isn't over till you or Sunny says it's over.I think you lay awake at night.And think how you can screw your relationships up.

I'm really glad to here Sunny is a hell of allot smarter then you.Why don't you quit thinking so much.And let her show you what this love thing is all about.

Listen here gringo, do you have a English problem?, reread my post and discover i sent a torpedo up your ass!

Just kidding buddy, I think you might have misread something, I did the exact opposite, I kept cool and scored the winning points where in the past I might have bailed ..

Chet Sams

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2009, 07:12:44 pm »
Someone seems to be living it up over there. Is that a 32 inch flat screen too. Ugh lucky bastard. Glad ya having fun and letting the past get closure Question is. Are we gonna try sticking with Sunny. Or is there a #2 as well. Ya confusing me. Hehhee
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:13:06 pm by Chet Sams »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »
Very nice looking 'Sunny' lady mate...

Hehe I also like the shirt, BUT ISN'T green supposed to be an unlucky colour in China???

And don't listen to that 'Chet Sams' hehe ur not THATTTTTT ugly....ROFLMAO:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Chet Sams

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2009, 07:46:33 pm »
Ah where did i say ugly. Ya mean Ugh comment. That is more of a sigh i say. Rob reading skills are showing signs of issues again.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2009, 08:01:57 pm »
Quote from: 'Chet Sams' pid='22367' dateline='1257727593'

Ah where did i say ugly. Ya mean Ugh comment. That is more of a sigh i say. Rob reading skills are showing signs of issues again.

Chet I apologize mate:blush:....

But you would have been right hehehe

Me...ISSUES...???:huh:

More like tiredness creeping in I would have thought...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Chet Sams

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:10 pm »
Hahaha. Well as long as willy holds on to the bagpipes. You will never see life the same.

shaun

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2009, 08:58:26 pm »
Ronan,

Good looking couple. Room's a bit slummy.  Kidding it is very nice. Enjoy and experience.

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »
Nice one Ronan,

Everything comes to those who wait.     You are on the right path now.

What is the name of that  hotel ?   I am going to Guangzhou soon and may well go for that place.  

Willy

Who mentioned my name and bagpipes in the same breath - that woke me up with a start!
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »
So now I'm  up  decide to check out the local "FamilyMart" convenience store. I got an empty fridge and a hungry stomach.

So I get some water and some beers and then I discover that they do fresh prepacked meals alo, at silly prices..check out the pics below, each meal cost about one euro!!!!

I just ate the second one, which had a bowl of rice on the bottom and peppered spicy beef in sauce with onions and carrots , green beans in a chili sauce and chili chicken , it was great after i nukked it nice and hot in my microwave!!

This is living, oh and I also just chatted to Sunny in qq, don't anyone dare snap their fingers three times!!

[attachment=984][attachment=985]
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='22378' dateline='1257733243'
Nice one Ronan,

Everything comes to those who wait.     You are on the right path now.

What is the name of that  hotel ?   I am going to Guangzhou soon and may well go for that place.  

Willy

Who mentioned my name and bagpipes in the same breath - that woke me up with a start!

Willy, here is the website - http://www.flsdn.com/

Interesting that the online prices are just a little more expensive than what Yamaha got me and a lot less than what the brochure lists, its great value, I have the "Luxury business city view room (double)" (I think), which is listed at 308 rmb online and is amazing value for what you get
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:32:54 pm by Irishman »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »
Thanks for the info on the hotel Ronan.

Bit dissapointed with the prepacked meals - Just where are the heads and feet?  

I hope you have not wasted them.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2009, 11:02:25 am »
Nice day today.
Got up showered and headed out to meet Yamaha for lunch. She had a friend with her that is going to Boston on an exchange programme to work for a year and they wanted to know about living in the west.
Went to an awesome Japanese restaurant replete with simulated thunderous waterfalls, nothing in Guangzhou is done on a small scale, ever. Amongst the dishes we ate were dumplings in some kind of creamy red sauce and were unbelievable tasting!!
It was pleasant, the girl had worked as a translater before and obviously has good English like Sunny has so it was interesting for both of us. I advised her not to tell fat Americans that they are fat..they will likely get upset haha (In China its stated as a matter of fact and not insult). I advised her to go see a baseball game and a American football game if she wanted to get the full cultural experience. And develop a taste for what Americans call beer!

After that we headed back to Yamaha's office where she pretended to work for as few hours, it was pleasant enough but to be honest its a regular office and felt like my own workplace which is the last place I want to be on vacation at.
It was then time to me to head back to my hotel room and freshen up and then headed out to meet Sunny when her work ended.
She works beside Panyu Square which is a huge square not unlike Tianamen Square in Beijing.
 Motorbikes are banned in GZ city but Panyu used to be a separate city until it was engulfed into the GZ metropolis but it still has its own laws and motorbikes are permitted there. At every Metro exit there's loads of motorbike drivers trying to get you to take a motorbike taxi ride, minus unnecessary stuff like a helmet!! The locals do use them, women and babies, husband wife and kid with driver all unhemleted on a 250cc bike...its quite a sight.
Of course I get gretty by a chorus of  "hello" and bikers patting their seat and nodding at me....no way am i gonna do that..unless its my last day on earth or something.
Sunny met me looking lovel as usual in a sweet black dress and white frilly top and cute girly shoes with little heels on them.
Arm in arm we went to a local restaurant and ate seaweed, some kind of lettuce in sauce that tasted a bit like meat and a hot spicy beef dish washed down with Snow beer (me) and tea (her). Nice meal, cheap at a grand total of 67RMB between the two of us.

There a water fountain display every night in Panyu Square between 20:00 and 20:30, classical music and Chinese traditional music is played out of the public PA system and the the water fountains spout in synch, its utterly fantastic and really impressive.
Everything in that side of the square stopped while this was on ,and kids ran around excitedly in and out of the massive spray blown by a slight wind downstream. Couples hugged, old folk sat on benches and watched in silence and the cool kids on roller-skates pretended not to notice.
After that it started to drizzle a little so I haled and umbrella while Sunny and I strolled around the square embraced close, with classical music still playing and the old folk now doing their Tai Chi thing, really romantic I thought.
At the end of the square is a kind of viewing area with walls to lean against and its clearly a lovers point, many couples sat on the benches hugging and nuzzling.... We hugged for a bit and then shared our first proper kissing and the time just melted away as we discussed the things you do in this kind of situation. Sunny said to me at one point is this a dream?, and where have I been until now (in her life)? which I thought was really sweet.
So the time came for the last Metro back to the hotel and she didn't mind me kissing her goodbye in public one bit and she went off smiling happily as did I.

Am I dreaming or is this really happening to me at at last?

Offline heckerd

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2009, 12:31:40 pm »
Time to wake up from your dream.  :icon_lol:

Looks like things are going smoothly with Sunny. Guess you'll be engage before you leave.

Offline maxx

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2009, 07:15:17 pm »
Damm it's about time.Your doing ok.Just keep doing what your doing.Remember to stay the hell out of your own head you know how it messes you up.