Author Topic: My trip to Guangzhou - reloaded  (Read 27515 times)

Arnold

RE: My trip to Guangzhou - reloaded
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2009, 11:36:32 pm »
Irish .. it's NOT a Dream for you and Sunny ... but , I think I'm Dreaming:sleepy:
Irish has finally done it ... arm in arm ... hug's and even Kissing . This got to be a Dream !

Buddy , what can I say .. besides .. like Maxx say's .. don't do nothing foolish and jeapordize this wonderful thing , that came you way .

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2009, 10:32:15 am »
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, describes today...

Started the day by chatting to Sunny on qq in work. One of her colleagues were leaving so the office were going to meet up and have a going away dinner party, Sunny wanted to go and of course I'm fine with that , I know that work social functions are more important than at home, she would like to spend lunch with me though.

So I met her at the Panyu square station at 11:40 and she had until 1:30 free (she left as early as possible) . We had a nice lunch and sat in trhe shade in Panyu square watching the activity, its was crazy hot and actually sunny with blue skies today so staying in the shade was the order of the day. When we walked to the restaurant earlier Sunny help up and umbrella to shade us, i offered to hold it but she said I dont know the right way to place it....I didnt debate the point, it seems I'm the rain umbrella carrier but not the sun one :)

Sunny said she wanted to stay with me as long as posible and decided that she would ring her boss and ask could she have the afternoon off. This is a big deal to me as she told me beforer that any leave she takes apart from public holidays is not paid for so I really appreciated the gesture.
The boss said ok, Sunny will be busy tomorrow catching up with her work...
We sat in Panyu square takling romantic stuff, it was all very relaxing and pleasant.

So ended the best of times....

I wanted to buy Yamaha some Olay stuff that these ladies seem to love so much so asked Sunny to help me pick some out for her. We went into the Panyu town centre and bough some cosmetic stuff I got Sunny a couple of bottles too which she was real delighted with ( i had to force her to take them and even then it had to be the cheapest stuff). After thaT we went for some drinks - I had coffee and she had a fruit drink, we held hands across the table and just enjoyed the sensory input.
It was now coming up to 18:00 when she would have to go back to meet her colleagues after work, we had a hard time getting a bus or taxi and eventually got a taxi back to the train station..when i realised my wallet was missing from my bag....ohh fuuuuuuudge (that is not the word i used..)
One of the street we walked down to getr the taxii had not street lighting and was pretty busy so it must happened there. Ling used to make me give my wallet to her for safekeeping in her purse and I just never got into the habit with sunny..lesson painfully learned. We got a taxi back to the café where we had drinks before the taxi to the station in case it had somehow droped out of my bag..but of course not. Ihad a moments lapse and placed it into the front pocket of my bag not the back one...and would be easy for a pickpocket to rob me if my atten was distracted ..which it obviously was. I only had a bout 200 rmb left in there but it also had my emergency 300 euro fund in there..i forgot to hide the money in my hotel room and now paid dearly for that..it would have been enough to get me to the end of my trip just fine and i'd only be down 200 rmb and a nice wallet...
I know what Sunny earns so i'm totally freaked out..how am i gonna last to next weekend on a couple of hundred which i assumed is all Sunny could afford. She kept saying to me don;t worry she will look after me, all i kept thinking was about how fudging helpless I felt. The only positive was that the hotel was paid already for cash upfront and the deposit money could be used to pay Sunny back the money she lent me.

We went back to the hotel and i looked up my credit card company emergency number..the "international toll free number" apparently isnt toll free in China..my phone credit ran out while they were taking down my address here ...second time I rang them with Sunny's phone and the same thing happend, the second lady i was talking to kept putting me on hold and obviously was out of her depth.
Sunny went down to the FamilyMart store outside and bought some credit for her phone and I rang for a third time..this time got through to someone more clued in who took Sunny's name and work address and mobile number and said they would arrange and express courier delivery of a new card to her, but it would take 3-5 working days, i'll be impressed if it does, so may arrive by Friday if i'm lucky and if not monday or tuesday next week. So mightly relieved.
Sunny then surprised me and handed me 2900 RMB and said its a loan. I'm thinking WTF??!! Then she apologises and says she can only take out 3k any one time and she used 100 topping up her phone sim!!
She's been saving like an eager beaver and has a truely surprising cash pile which she says is mine to use as she knows I'll pay her back.

I really like this girl.

She calls her work colleagues and apologies for not being with them but her boyfriend needs her. She said not to worry, its a good reason and people would expect her to take care of me in such circumstances.

We goofed about on the sofa and watched Chinese tv, Sunny complained that i was to stubbly so I asked her had she ever shaven a man, she said no so I let her shave me, she really enjoyed doing it and wanted to do my head too but I respectfully declined! Its quite a sensual thing having a woman shave you and examine you so close up, I quite enjoyed the sensation as clearly did she.

Eventually it was time for her to head back to the train station to get the last train back home so I walked her there and we said our romantic goodbyes.

I have found a keeper.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:33:56 am by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2009, 11:23:19 am »
Irishman,
hey im glad its going good for you here in gz. i havent called but i had
a really terrible time with food poisin the past few days  actually sat
sun mon and today but now im feeling better so let me know your
schedule and maybe we could all meet.  i also got a new cell phone today
13424025076  so give me a call if you get a chance. up late tonight reading
here as it was the first good day i have had in the last 4 days
Ted

David5o

« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2009, 11:33:03 am »
Ronan,

Certainly sounds like you've found yourself a keeper this time .....and no fags either!!  haha!!
Best of luck to you. The luck of the Irish, must have finally kicked in!! lol!!!

Well you have learned an expensive lesson, one you won't forget in a hurry. Now you know that Sunny is a keeper, give your wallet to her in future, i can almost guarantee that it''ll never be stolen in her care!!

I have to be doubly careful when i go back to China visiting, as i'm coming from a country where crime is almost non-existent to a country rife with pickpockets and the like. Not an easy transition to make!!

David........

ttwjr32

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:25 am »
yes here you have to be careful walking around
  could lose it fast

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2009, 01:08:40 pm »
Wow congratulations! Never mind the wallet, enjoy your time with Sunny!
Go deep or don't go

Offline heckerd

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »
Sorry to hear your wallet got stolen. The pickpockets really target the foreigners. Nice to know that you and Sunny are getting along real well.

Vince G

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2009, 01:41:20 pm »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='22522' dateline='1257867135'

We goofed about on the sofa and watched Chinese tv, Sunny complained that i was to stubbly

Sorry Irish man, my mind went somewhere else with this.... "To Stubby"?? :blush:

One thing I never put in my wallet.... Money. My ID's, credit card and some other info but never money. Cash goes in the front pants pocket. If someone's reaching in there to get it... you know it. :icon_biggrin:

Oh and a NY thing. Big bills inside small bills out. If someone is watching you pull the money out they only see small bills.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:30 pm »
I got pretty lax my last trip and heard about it pretty quick from my wife. So when your mind is on "other" things it is easy to relax your diligence.   Sorry it happened, but, you know what they say, everything happens for a reason.  Now you know how good a person she is and how she really feels about you.  So maybe a blessing in disguise.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2009, 05:00:31 pm »
Thankfully we never had anything like this happen but when we're out shopping and she puts her handbag in the cart, she makes sure to place my hands within it's handles and that I know to guard it. She does make me feel our posessions are much safer when we're out and about
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline maxx

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2009, 07:43:54 pm »
Irish sorry man to hear that you lost your wallet.I have mine on a chain.So if any body pulls on the wallet.You know it real quick.

It sounds like it is going good with you and Sunny.I'm really happty to here that.Keep it up and good luck.

Arnold

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2009, 01:56:09 am »
Like Jim said ... 500 Euro's to find out how great of a Lady you have there .
Other's spend that on EMF's and get less or sometimes nothing for it .

Thanks Irish  , for your Trip up-date . As you might know , i'm alway's stapped in good into my Computer Chair .. when reading your Story's . :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2009, 02:57:07 am »
Ronan , sorry about your wallet , just do not go home without tying all the knots , she sounds like a lady to me , show her your a stayer not a player , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2009, 11:07:23 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='22549' dateline='1257882150'

I got pretty lax my last trip and heard about it pretty quick from my wife. So when your mind is on "other" things it is easy to relax your diligence.   Sorry it happened, but, you know what they say, everything happens for a reason.  Now you know how good a person she is and how she really feels about you.  So maybe a blessing in disguise.

I'm a firm believer in the silver lining theory.
It showed me just how far she willl go for me, how she is genuine about me. I must admit for the first time in a long time I have the unmistakeable beginnings of real love rather than just fondness in my heart.

So no major calamities today thankfully.
I got up, chatted to Sunny on qq for a while , had my custom nukked breakfast meal then headed out. Leaving a load of washing drying in the washer/dryer machine to finish off.

I bought some coffee and a " Guangzhou" mug in Starbucks and a coffee press. I am now set to have my Grande Americano fix home brewed when ever i like :)

I bought some other stuff..ok i bought various varieties of beer to check out later for research purposes.

Leaving the supermarket there was a bad ass thunderstorm passing overhead with the heaviest rain i ever saw. Talk about flash flooding, within 5 minutes of rain the roads were a complete river and there was several accidents due to aquaplaning i assume.
Thankfully it was over as soon as it started and the journey back to the hotel was doubled as i had to navigate a windy route through the flooded streets and pavements.
In Malaysia they have storm drains for just this eventuality but not in GZ for some strange reason. The floods did clear fairly fast but in a city that gets regular downbursts like this I'm certain why don't they have a better drainage system in place?

When i got back to my hotel room it was back to being really hot and humid and sticky outside and the hotel room was even wsorse as the drier just steams up the room but it gets the job done.

I snoozed on the sofa watching Chinese TV which is ...different and woke up with a start at 17:10..I was supposed to meet Sunny at 18:00 across town so had to leave NOW..no shower or freshen up time.

I met her on time and she was with Yamaha who was in the vicinity on business so popped in to chat with her. As soon as Sunny saw me she rested her arm on my shoulder and leaned into me - so clearly we were now officially publically a couple ! She told me later she showed her work colleagues my picture also, they say I look younger than my age apparently..ah yes, she know which buttons to press !

We went for a great dinner in a local restaurant and the price came to a princely 40 RMB when she was ordering the food she had a discussion for about 5 minutes over the price of my beer. She felt the price of 8 RMB was too much and it should be 6 RMB..... We got it for 6 RMB.

We then went for our now customary stroll around Panyu Square and then sat on the seats and goofed about.

She rang Martins Zhifang to arrange our meet up tomorrow night. Zhifang said she was very busy, and when Sunny asked when would be a better time to call she hung up hahahahahhaah!!!!
I knew Martin was landing today so strongly suspected she was occupied with her man.
Sure enough Zhifang rang back later and explained we rang just as Martin arrived :) I spoke to the big man himself and then passed the phone back to the boss to arrange the important details.

We are hooking up tomorrow night so really looking forward to that, will be great to meet up with Martin finally.

That was pretty much my day, no major dramas, just a lovely relaxing feel good time.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='22612' dateline='1257955643'

Leaving the supermarket there was a bad ass thunderstorm passing overhead with the heaviest rain i ever saw. Talk about flash flooding, within 5 minutes of rain the roads were a complete river and there was several accidents due to aquaplaning i assume.

It looks like your rain just reached Zhongshan.   What does a guy do during a storm when his lady is out at work.

He takes photos of the fishes on their motorbikes!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,