Author Topic: new spin on EMF  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
new spin on EMF
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:29:45 pm »
I was thinking the other day.  If I ever had to start fresh with Chnlove, I wonder if something like this would work?  After 10 or so EMF's getting to know the lady and realizing that she's probably a good choice, I'd ask the translator in an EMF for direct contact.  Since I don't trust the translator, I wonder if it would make any sense to negotiate some kind of deal with them for direct contact.  I mean, the reason they keep you writing EMF's is for their income.  Say, I'll pay you $200, directly to the agency, cut out Chnlove completely, and in turn, you'll give me free and total direct contact with the lady.  You couldn't really say that in an EMF, you'd have to write to the translator's email or something, but you get the idea.  I mean, $200 is probably more than what they would rake in as profit from one person in say 3 or 4 months worth of EMF's.  And we all know, you're likely to spend $200 for EMF credits in 3 or 4 months anyway.  If not more.  

It just might work.  Thoughts?
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

RE: new spin on EMF
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:21:59 am »
Neil , Our Translator ( Kelly ) from Guangzhou offered us to translate under the table .. through her E-mail ( while she was at the Agency working for other's ) . But , I declined ... nicely thanking her , but I did not want to get her into trouble and loose her Job . It   sounded great of course .... but NO .
Your Plan sound good , as many other's ... like a Monthly memebership plan , where you can write as much as possible for one price . it was never even concidered by Chnlove . They like it just the way it is , otherwise they would have at least answered to those suggestion's ... but they never do . To solve this EMF deal , you must find a Lady that speaks and writes English well enough to Communicate . There is no way around it and they know it .

David5o

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:31:49 am »
Arnold,

You mentioned in another thread about the amount of failures that still seem to be arising from chnlove, even with the amount of information that is available on this forum. I suspect this is mainly due to the guy's not taking heed of what been written and stated here by those that have a lot more knowledge and experience. In other words they just don't listen!!

I have explained here so many times that the ladies with these agencies, all have access to an agency controlled email address, that is used by all the other outlets that these agencies have links too, as well as the ladies themselves in some instances. The chnlove EMF system is basically a bonus income for these agencies, that they try to milk for all it's worth, ie a nice little cash flow for the agency!!

I'm not going to repeat myself again here, on my idea's of getting on to the agencies normal communication link for the ladies, save to say, that once you are on the agency controlled email system, your communication via these emails becomes free. It works exactly the same as the EMF system ie, translation to and from your lady. The ladies have already paid for this service via there sign-up fee's....

So there really isn't any need to bribe the translators at the agency at all, The system is already there, up and running so to speak, the knack is to get on that system. Of course this is only one part of the problems brothers are faced with, but getting onto some sort of direct link can only be a good thing for all!!

David.....

Offline Proteus

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 08:41:55 am »
Oh, Neil, even I am a man, I have to admit I like you more after reading such a piece of advice. The danger of your advice is propotional to the trust you place on ladies and purity of your heart. Obviously it is revealed from your so huge eagerness to get to real communication with them ASAP. So you see, even you were to eat the apple if you followed your way, you are still as pure in heart as Adam. Far opposite to David's view, I believe an innocent and naive heart is a perfect start for a successful relationship.

Most agencies, I believe, will not dare to accept such a term. The reason is simple, they are far less innocent and naive than you are. Most translator will regard it a hook and believe if they do bite the bate, severer complaint to chnlove with vital evidence will end their career and perhaps the agency's.

Then let's come to your intention. Will it really help to realise your intention if they accept such a deal? Let me explain it this way.  The more attractive the lady is, the more EMFs her account receives. Usually she will choose one or two (seldom more, in an extreme case which I know, the lady chose seven, well, a really energetic lady, I admit) candidates whom she is interested in to communicate with herself or periodically supervise the communication. The rest, if there are any, are innocent lambs for translators to deal with, whom the lady usually has no knowledge of or cares not. If you unfortunately fall into that flock, a fee to get access to the lady will not help to promote your place in the candidate list. And if you are the lucky ones, the money you pay for EMFs is a good sign of your generosity to spare her the trouble and hardship of dealing with translation herself.

Finally but formost, although it is a cruel world. Sometimes even the mere pursuit to survive, not to say thrive, presents us difficult choices to make between dignity and prosperity. I still firmly believe it is better to play clean and lose than to play dirty and win. Let's help the agencies to be clean, shall we?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:46:14 am by Proteus »

shaun

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:43:36 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='21921' dateline='1257334309'
Arnold,

You mentioned in another thread about the amount of failures that still seem to be arising from chnlove, even with the amount of information that is available on this forum. I suspect this is mainly due to the guy's not taking heed of what been written and stated here by those that have a lot more knowledge and experience. In other words they just don't listen!!

I have explained here so many times that the ladies with these agencies, all have access to an agency controlled email address, that is used by all the other outlets that these agencies have links too, as well as the ladies themselves in some instances. The chnlove EMF system is basically a bonus income for these agencies, that they try to milk for all it's worth, ie a nice little cash flow for the agency!!

I'm not going to repeat myself again here, on my idea's of getting on to the agencies normal communication link for the ladies, save to say, that once you are on the agency controlled email system, your communication via these emails becomes free. It works exactly the same as the EMF system ie, translation to and from your lady. The ladies have already paid for this service via there sign-up fee's....

So there really isn't any need to bribe the translators at the agency at all, The system is already there, up and running so to speak, the knack is to get on that system. Of course this is only one part of the problems brothers are faced with, but getting onto some sort of direct link can only be a good thing for all!!

David.....

David,

Some of us do listen. I had Pinky's email address, sent an email, but no one ever answered it. I got her daughters hotmail address, sent another email, no one ever answered it.

Though I cannot speak for everyone on this site some do try your suggestions. It is my opinion that greedy translators are the problem here and they want that gravy train flowing.  I sent Pinky's translator an email yesterday and told her when she begins to look at what went wrong in this situation to look in the mirror and she would find the source of the problem. I also told her that she gave up a marriage and translation fees for $8.00us a week.

Funny, I've not heard anything from her yet.

Shaun
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:45:24 am by shaun »

David5o

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:12:47 am »
Proteus,

Just about the last thing you would want or need, is a naive heart for the start of a successful internet based relationship. Not unless you want it torn ,trampled, and stamped on!!!

You went on in your post to describe some of the things that go on at some of these agencies, which is why it is so important, to get to the bottom of things as far as the lady your writing too, and the honesty of the agency your having to deal with..... Going into that lion's den with a naive heart, and it's very likely that you've lost before you have even started, and not knowing it, until it's far too late to pull out unscathed....

I'm not quite sure what you mean by my View on things?? What i can tell you is, that they have been formed by listening, studying, a wealth of life's experiences, making my own mistakes along the way, and making sure not to make the same mistake twice!!  

David......

Shaun,

Yes i think your right in this case about the translator, as i told you before I've heard a few things about her in the past. I remember you posting a part of that address and it was definitely an agency controlled email address. So it could of only been your translator not servicing your email, ...There logic really fails me at times, even after all the time i spent in China, they still have the capacity to amaze!!!

It's a real shame that the Chinese acumen for business always concentrate on the small and insignificant day to day things, without taking care of the bigger picture, where the real money is always waiting.... So Sad!!!

David......
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:30:51 am by David5o »

Offline Proteus

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 10:38:58 am »
You know, David, I've very grateful to you for starting this discussion about the choice between naivety, or purity, or innocence and sophistication, or maturity or wisdom or whatsoever. You give me the chance to say something that haunts me a long time. I disappeared from this site for a couple of months, mainly because of some mental crisis. I intended to help but I feared I was disencouraging. Sometimes I'd rather I hadn't made all my posts, because I clearly know if I myself were a new member and had read the content of my posts, probably my courage to start a chnlove adventure would dissolve, and at best I'd start with a heart filled with complicated feelings. And these feelings couldn't be hidden from EMFs.

If my hasty judement could be forgiven, from my experience as a translator, those who are going to write a successful story finally are indeed those who write like Neil and Johnboy, not like you and me. The cruel fact is, as you have pointed out, they are meanwhile those who are most vulnerable to hurt and cheat.

Our opinions divide at this point. You are somewhat attributing stories of failures to not listening to or following advice from this forum, while I think except for the natural uncertainty in love affairs, most failures are attributed to and only to chnlove's dishonesty. So you see, I am surely disagreeing with you as an idealist surely will disagree with a pragmatist.

Let's say we are two kinds of fathers, you are the kind who's going to show children the cruelty of world and teach them to avoid danger and learn to survive by all means while I am the kind who wants to make the world better before show it to them. And I respect your effort anyways.

Now for something hard and perhaps a topic for new discussion. I believe if new members start their chnlove journey after reading and following our instructions, they will be safer from scams but will filter out more than they intend, and sometimes miss their true love forever. Love is an all or nothing gamble, isn't it? :icon_cool:

David5o

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 10:50:34 am »
Proteus,

Yes, i have to agree with you i am a pragmatist of sorts!! ..haha!! But then i also generally agree with most of your recent posts too, so there's hope for me yet ..lol!!

Let's just say, we are both here to give advice the best way we know how, after all, the final decision will always rest at the brothers door, whether he takes and uses that advice or he doesn't!!

So don't stop visiting this place and  giving your thoughts, it is a Forum after all, ....Right ??

David.....

Offline Proteus

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 11:13:14 am »
Sotp visiting? Well, not until I've got married and have a child or some to offer too much diaper to wash :icon_cheesygrin:

But I'd like to make this prediction beforehead. As I have left this trade and have no intention to return, I will have less and less knowledge specificly about chnlove to give. Maybe gradually I'll post less about this topic and more about Chinese history and culture for you to share.  

recently read about some really startling Chinese wedding rituals from a 17th century story. maybe tell you later.

mid-night now here. Good night and thank you for a meaningful evening, David.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:38:59 pm »
These are exactly the reasons this is such a great forum.  We have such a wealth of knowledge and a huge difference in opinion.  We have access to recent insiders and sometimes even the ladies voice their opinion.  

Thank you Proteus for your wise views.  You are right, of course.  I think now that if I had to do it over again, I would have some of my good Chinese friends introduce me to available Chinese ladies.  It would be nice to be able to fix Chnlove and make it more honest and fair, but as we all know, all's fair in love and war (money).  I'll leave it to the rest of you to try to fix them.  

I consider myself one of the lucky ones.  Lucky in that I was the one my lady chose maybe.  I'd like to think I was the best of the bunch that were writing her.  Maybe she chose me because of something I said or did that I gleaned from this website.  Likely a mix of both.  Or maybe fate, we seem to be so right for each other that it sometimes it feels like we had the help of a higher power.  I really mean that too.  If I had written down all the criteria I wanted the perfect woman to meet, I'd have a picture of her in the end.  And I do.  

[attachment=956]
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:33:43 pm »
I kneel in the presence of your wisdom Neil. Best of luck in your continued journey. And thanks for sharring the lovely picture.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 02:56:09 am »
I would just like to say EMF or no EMF I have had great fun getting to the point where I am today.  

If Chnlove did not exist would I be here today - I doubt it - probably in the South Tottenham Golden Oldies afternoon club and wishing I was somewhere else like China.   Like I say I am now Beyond the Dream.  

So in a small way thanks to Chnlove for being there and thanks to the translators who willingly acted as pimps in my first couple of months here!!!  Without their valuable assistance I may have had one or two lonely nights in those early months.

But thanks to you guys whose endless wit has been a constant source of amusement.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 08:30:15 am »
Willy,

Please don't sound like you are leaving.  Reading about your adventure or should I say quest is one of the many reasons I log in each day.  You are the kind of man that everyone likes to call friend.

Neil,

Wonderful comments.  If I had to make a choice with the options you listed I would choose that she chose me.  That would keep the flame glowing for a long, long, long, long time.

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:28 am »
My lady has been working from 8am until 10pm tonight so at a loss what to do as the TV has changed to digital here in Zhongshan yesterday and we need a new set box that is not coming until tomorrow.

So just been putting things on paper - getting my book ready but strayed onto the forum like I do ten times a day  - well everyones at it, writing books that is, iso why not me.

Maybe I will call it 'Jockeying For Position'  or maybe that a good title for Robs.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:02 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='22032' dateline='1257429328'

My lady has been working from 8am until 10pm tonight so at a loss what to do as the TV has changed to digital here in Zhongshan yesterday and we need a new set box that is not coming until tomorrow.

So just been putting things on paper - getting my book ready but strayed onto the forum like I do ten times a day  - well everyones at it, writing books that is, iso why not me.

Maybe I will call it 'Jockeying For Position'  or maybe that a good title for Robs.

Willy

Mine is called "Taking the Furlong."