Author Topic: Forming a union & nipping this thing in the bud - your comments most appreciated!  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Danny

My two cents worth is that it is not worth the trouble and it is not even fun doing it.

I reckon the best way of approaching the problem is to use the good agencies and avoid the bad ones.

I think there is something to be said for using some of the other websites that allow you to contact a person directly (eg chinese friend finder, match.com, chinese love links, chinese cupid, etc) and keeping your focus on people who speak at least some English.

I think one of the approaches that we haven't tried yet would be some of the large marriage agencies in China that are not affiliated with chnlove. We sometimes forget that chnlove is just a small fish in a big pond. I think if we did some research on this, we could find good alternatives.

I'm not thinking about this for myself, only for the lads who are still looking about at the moment.

Danny
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:11:04 pm by Danny »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
Quote from: 'pr1969' pid='21976' dateline='1257366004'

Do you have any ideas how we could achieve at least some modicum of this, at little or no expense? ! ;)

Not sure what we could achieve at little or no expense. That is why they have the high ground, nobody can or will go after them SERIOUSLY at Law.....because it will cost big bucks

They know that a Western lawyer would be next to useless and I for one, could not be certain of the objectivity or impartiality of a native Chinese Lawyer pursuing a case against a local on behalf of a Western Client ???

The only way (IMHO) is to go the bad publicity route. If each one of us sent emails to all of our address books complainung about CHNLove and asked all the recipients to forward it on to their address books...I am told by knowlegable peple that this form of criticism and complaint can get to hundreds of millions of people in a matter of days and has, in the past produced some spectacular corrective actions on behalf of the Businesses that were involved....food for thought ?/

On a lighter note...I just recently had the "pleasure" of rejecting a shipment of product from China that was worth $54 million...because they had cheapskated on some marking paint that was not as per the agreed specification...the savings were about $2000 to them (in somebodys pocket no doubt) but for this piddling sum, they lost $54 million.

Maybe I could write on the rejection notice..."Heres one in your eye for all those guys that have been cheated by CHNLove :):):)"

DavidE

Offline pr1969

• pr1969
    • http://myspace.com/peterrobinsonmusic
Hi David - thanks again for your great reply. Definitely food for thought and I'll give what you say some serious thought. Great crack about the paint btw - yup, here's several in their eyes for cheating so many of us! ;)

Danny, Vince, Abigbutt (nice;) & Shaun - thanks very much for your comments too. I'll definitely take heed of what you both say. Stay tuned for more! Best :) Peter
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:24:26 pm by pr1969 »

Offline maxx

Peter I think this is a noble idea.I don't want to read the bad stories I don't want to see any of are members Cheated.But Like DavidE said in a previous post.Your not going to make a bit of difference to Chnlove.Or the different agencies.

The reason is we are only such a small part of there business.Chnlove is actually a subsidiary.Of a larger corporation.There corporate offices are in Hong Kong.They also do in country match making.And from what I understand it is quit the profitable business.

Peter I don't know how many times you have ben to China.Or If you know how they do business in China.It basically boils down to this.For a carton of cigarettes and  100.00 dollers.Given to the right government official.You can have somebody locked up.Deported,Sent to a reeducation camp.Whatever you desire.

When in China.Chinese do what Chinese do.There is no consequences or repercussions.If you have the right contacts.I know a women in China who killed another women with a stick.It was a clear cut case of self defense.She ended up doing 7 years in prison.Because the ladies husband had a friend that worked in the government.I have seen a Chinese women bribe a Chinese cop.It cost her a 100.00 Rmb.To get out of a 300.00 rmb ticket.I know of a husband and wife beaten.The wife was pushed down the stairs and broke her wrist.The police arrested the guy who did it.His family showed up at the jail laid 1000.00 Rmb on the counter and walked out with the  guy.No charges were ever filed.

David said it right.They do have the high ground.This is China.They are not going to listen to a bunch of whinning foreigners.Sad but true.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
I have just stopped my self writing - I thought it said 'forming a union and nipping into bed'.   But on second thoughts much more to my way of thinking.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,