All About China > Chinese Culture And Festivals

What husband mean in Chinese character

(1/6) > >>

chen yan:
Do you know there are some interesting meaning behind the chinese character ?  

"Husband" in chinese call "  ??"(pronounce Zhang Fu)
"?“ is a unit of length,like a feet." ?" means man.
So "??" means a man who stay a feet away from you or a man who should be very close to you,Then he can protect and take care of you.

A divoreced woman ever told me about this,If your husband live away from you miles, than it is not a good sign.She divorce because she found her husband have affair in other city which he works.

"Marry" in Chinese call "?" (pronounce Jia)
"?" is combine of "?" and “?” .
“?” means girl. "?“means home.
So "?" means give a home to the girl.

3."good" in Chinese call"?“?pronounce Hao?
"?" is combine of "?" and “?” .
“?” means girl. "?“means boy.
So if you get brith a girl and a boy, it is very good !:icon_cheesygrin:

Peter:
Please Chen Yan
Give us more.. This is very interesting.. I think this is a big part of the culture in China even if I can not talk or read Mandarin yet and probably never will be able to read. I will have my wife as a teacher later I hope to learn enough to talk a little.

Peter

brett:
I've learnt about 60 characters now, and I am finding it easier to remember new ones. I can't yet remember how to write many of them, but I can read them.

My spoken Mandarin is ???? but my teacher thinks my pronunciation is quite good and it's better than some of the guys in the class. Remembering the words what I have most difficulty with, but it's partly due to the lack of time I have to study. I can recommend going to a Chinese class though, it's a great way to get started :icon_cheesygrin:.

shaun:
Chen Yan,

Do we call you Yan as a first name?  Thank you for the lesson in Mandarin.  I will try to draw the characters later and it pronunciation and place is where I can see it and learn it.  Please teach us more.

Shaun

RegnisTheGreat:
Chen Ye,

When I was younger, my parents used a different word. They always say, X's Lao Po or Lao Gong which I understand to be wife/husband. Am I wrong? I still use that in my daily conversations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version