Author Topic: A new life  (Read 41103 times)

Offline zook144

RE: A new life
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:52 am »
Rob, if hours don't conflict, maybe you could take on both jobs to end up with full time work. (if that makes any sense)

Anyway, I really enjoy reading your posts and following your story. Good luck to you!

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline kenny

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2009, 07:57:11 am »
Hey Rob,

I also enjoy reading your posts here. Seems that there was a plan for you in china. Good luck on finding that job that is right for you and everything else.

Kenny

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2009, 10:13:20 am »
Well guys I am back from my date with Anne a bit earlier than I wanted to be:huh:

She picked me up later than the time arranged, it was only by 15 minutes but that wasn't so bad.  I was on the phone chatting to Willie when my door knocked, so I said my goodbyes to him and opened the door.

She stood in the hallway looking a million dollars (or should that be pounds???) And smelled delicious.  After letting her in we kissed for a couple of minutes, then I put my coat on and we left, because she had told me the car was downstairs and she asked him to wait for her.  Did I mention anywhere that she was in my postings that she was gorgeous???:icon_cheesygrin:

Once in the taxi it was the usual routine in the back, sitting close to each other her hand in mine.  Once we arrived I noticed that it was not much further away from where I had been to the 'Night Market' last night, so this was good in my eyes.  We pulled up and got out of the car, and I followed her into this block of flats.  She lives on the third floor so we walked up...The guys are right when they say about some of the smells, and some lights not working.

We got to her front door, and I could hear Chinese music playing from inside, it was not loud, Anne heard it too. On opening the door shouted something in Chinese, must have been 'turn that down', because it went down.  This little boy come running out of the living room and ran straight into her arms.  She lifted him up, and kissed his cheek then spoke in her native tongue to him and put him back down.  She told me that this wa her son, he said "hello" so I gave him the kite I had bought earlier, and he ran away laughing.  We took our jackets off and hung them on the hallway rack, like an old fashioned umbrella stand with a long back with hooks protruding from it.  She took my hand and we walked into the living room.  Now I was expecting her, me, her sister and son to be there:huh:  Imagine my surprise when I saw what greeted us.  The ones I mentioned, 2 of her friends and an uncle of hers.  No use trying to tell you their names, I have not got a 'Scobbie Doo'(Clue...LOL).  All I remember is her sister's name is 'Maria', Chinese name (lol Unknown).

If I had know there were going to be this many people I would have brought more gifts.  She introduced me and everyone was very pleasant and smiled saying 'Ni hao'.  So I answered politely and bowed to the uncle, as he seemed the eldest of the group.  Not sure if I done the right thing, so many bloody rules to follow!!!  But it seemed to be ok because that brought a GREAT big smile to his face, and Anne smiled happily too.  One of her friends got up and offered me a seat, then went in and made some tea.  She took great delight in telling me it was Laoshan.  So I nodded and said, "I like that tea, I had some last night" and smiled.  So she turned away from me coyly and smiled again.

As she was out of the room, Fuyang came up and stared at me, I made some funny faces at him and he laughed his head off and lay on the ground laughing.  Of course the family did not like this, so Maria (Anne's sister) picked him up and scolded him verbally, he started crying and ran away.  I never saw him til about 10 minutes before I left.  They seem to take great delight in offering you things with the tea, being a relative newbie to Chinese custom I never refused anything, so they would not lose face.  Anne had finished work at 4 o'clock today and left to go and prepare food for tonight, so everything was nearly done when I got there.  I asked if I could help and was told "Bu, you sit".  I felt a little uneasy sitting there and the girls staring and laughing, the uncle was asking me all sorts of questions.  Like where you stay in United States???  So I had to explain about the differant Countries, and showed them some British Currency I had on me for some ice breaker, in case I needed one.

We were there for about 3 quarters of an hour when the front door knocked.  In came another uncle with a dog, I got introduced after getting stared at by him, so he firmly shook my hand and nodded at me, which I also returned in kind.  We were just sitting down to this meal about 15 minutes later, when the dog bit Fuyang on the arm, not too bad, but needed a couple of stitches.  So Anne, me, and the first uncle got him dressed after me puting on a bandage on him, for them.  We went downstairs and got a taxi to the Qingdao Hospital/Surgery.  We were there less than an hour, he did need 4 stiches and was given an injection, I could hear his cry when they injected him, but he was quite brave for the stiches.

Once we come out of there, she was very apologetic and angry that the dog had done this, which is only to be expected.  So I said that "he will be very tired and upset now for the rest of the evening, so maybe it's best if I just go home". :angel:  Relucklantly she agreed.:huh:, so we got another taxi and they dropped me off,  just as I got out of the taxi I told her I wanted to speak to her about something tomorrow, but it would be in the evening, as I would be in Rizhao during the day.  At this point her face dropped, don't know why???

She said she will phone me later tonight, and let me know how he is.

But apart from that, everything went well I think, and now I must go and get something to eat...

I'M STARVING....lol:angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:28:45 am by Scottish_Rob »

Vince G

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2009, 10:42:38 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='23783' dateline='1258989200'

just as I got out of the taxi I told her I wanted to speak to her about something tomorrow,  At this point her face dropped, don't know why???

You don't know why? With the way the day went she may think you want to stop seeing her? You should have saved this info for later or not at all. The next day you could have let her know about the talk? Which has me wondering the same?

Offline ron

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2009, 11:02:47 am »
Yeah I am with you Vince he gets bit by an uncles dog he gets stitches she is embarrassed that Rob has to spend the evening at the hospital.I dont know if I would have suggested going home of course she is going to say ok and take it as rob may be upset over all this and she cant blame him for wanting to go home?And to top it off he suggests he needs to have words with her the next evening?I guess its always easier to be able to stand back and see the whole picture thats the good part of having brothers here.Rob if you read this maybe a phone call to see how he is doing during the day so she doesnt have to worry about your feelings?Just a suggestion my friend.That would help clear up any misunderstandings with her.:icon_biggrin: Why her uncle brought the dog in the first place is a mystery to me unless he was making sure it dodnr end up on somebodies dinner table?:huh:Never a dull moment with you Rob lol

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2009, 12:22:34 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='23784' dateline='1258990958'

You don't know why? With the way the day went she may think you want to stop seeing her? You should have saved this info for later or not at all. The next day you could have let her know about the talk? Which has me wondering the same?

This is true mate I should have known better:huh:

Quote from: 'ron' pid='23785' dateline='1258992167'

Yeah I am with you Vince he gets bit by an uncles dog he gets stitches she is embarrassed that Rob has to spend the evening at the hospital.I dont know if I would have suggested going home of course she is going to say ok and take it as rob may be upset over all this and she cant blame him for wanting to go home?...Rob if you read this maybe a phone call to see how he is doing during the day so she doesnt have to worry about your feelings?...Never a dull moment with you Rob lol

The reason I suggested going home was because SHE needed to be with her son rather than me.......... IN MY OPINION...

I fully intended to do this mate...:icon_biggrin:

AND, your bloody right...It seems that way:huh:

Back to business...
at about 11.20 I get a phone call from Anne telling me that he has settled and that her Mother is coming over to baby sit him...

So I ask why, and she tells me that she is worried about what I mentioned about 'A Talk' with her...And she does not want to sleep wondering what it was I wanted to say to her.:blush:  So she asks me where I am and I tell her that I was just on the way back to the hotel after getting some cigarettes and juice.  I did not want to put my foot in it by mentioning food...lol..  So she says' I want to "come and 'speak' just now, will it be ok?"  So rather than worry her anymore I agree.  She turned up five minutes later...

When she gets here, I open the door, and the first thing I see is her wiping her eyes with a hankerchief:huh:  Once she comes in I tell her to take her coat off and I will explain, she does this. So I start to say...

I know we have only known each other a few days...BUT...It feels like I have known you all my life...We are so comfortable together, don't you think?.  "Yes" she says, (her answers I will put in Brackets).  Well there are a few questions I want to ask you.  As you know I am looking for work?  What will happen if I cannot get full time work here and I have to go to another city or town? ("What? You want to leave me? Have I done something wrong?:huh:).  No I explain, at the moment possibly not until March I will be able to get full time work here in Qingdao! (You find someone else?:huh:)  At that, the English stops and out comes the CHINESE. hahaha

So I see that she is getting upset so I take her in my arms to reassure her.  The bloody tears come:s  and I think what is she crying for???  I  have no INTENTION of splitting with her.  So I wipe her tears away give her a little kiss, hold her hands in front of me while positioning myself to be facing her and say "This may sound strang but I have fallen in love with you !!!", "strange because it has only been 8 days" (Ni ai wo?).  Her face turns red and she throws her arms around me saying "wo ai ni":icon_cheesygrin:.

After talking for about an hour, and explaining slowly everything I wanted to speak about, she was MUCH happier.  She did not want to go home, so while she sleeps, I am updating this for you...Have a good night gents...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:00:56 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline ron

« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2009, 12:49:02 pm »
I know thats your concern and seems like it was an awkward situation.I am trying to figure out how he got bit with the uncle right there.Your lucky you werent bit.Do they even give rabies shots to animals there?Like I said never a dull moment lol.I am wondering if the uncle is getting an earfull today lol.best of luck on your job search my friend. Hope you land one soon
       Ron

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2009, 01:12:54 pm »
Quote from: 'ron' pid='23792' dateline='1258998542'

I know thats your concern and seems like it was an awkward situation.I am trying to figure out how he got bit with the uncle right there.Your lucky you werent bit.Do they even give rabies shots to animals there?Like I said never a dull moment lol.I am wondering if the uncle is getting an earfull today lol.best of luck on your job search my friend. Hope you land one soon
       Ron

His own fault, the dog was unleashed and he started hitting it on his face, so the dog just pounced,,,No-one could have stopped it.  The reason he was there was because he was just taking it for a walk and called up...

shaun

« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »
Rob,

Wow, this is real life.  You've found someone and you are finding out that there are insecurity issues on the female side. It is the same with Peggy and me. Two nights ago Peggy cried for about 10 minutes.  He sister told her that I would grow tired of her and leave if she did not go to the university and learn English.  Her sister told her that I would not like her. I told Peggy I LIKE YOU three times in upper case. She starts crying. Guys her English is pretty good.  I talked with her sister and asked her not to tell her stuff like that. She agreed. Last night Peggy asked me three different times if I liked her and was happy with her. I told her yes and it happened again this morning. Thinking we had it settled she then asks what if my children do not like her.  Now today this happened over a 4 hour period.

Rob I am saying this because I think in many ways at first we need to spend most of our time re-assuring them that they have value and that we see it. I just cannot imagine how the men there can drive the women to this point but it is a reality.  Here I am talking like I am an expert.  It is just what I am seeing with Peggy, with other men talking on this site and now you.  It just needs to be in the front of our minds that the need reassurance until they understand believe it.

Rob I think you are winning the battle though and it is good to see you happy, talking on this site.

Shaun

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2009, 06:50:39 pm »
Like Willy said, we have a bunch of good news going on here.  So happy for you Rob.  Truly, she sounds like a winner.  Continued good luck.
Question, how did you set up your demo class?  And what did you do?  I havent heard of this before.

Mr. and Mrs. Burk
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 12:11:54 am »
Well at least I have noticed one thing.  If you do not get a teaching job that pays really well then have you considered writing for Mills and Boon!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2009, 05:46:21 am »
Well Rob I am really sorry to have received the news when I called you from Hong Kong.

I know that it will be hard for you - much harder than the business with K - mainly because K was just a paper love but Anne is different.  You have actually met her and after the chats we have had I know that at this moment you are in love.

When you get back I will send you a telephone card details and you can call me in China as I go back on  monday - maybe you can call Anne as well if I give you the card details.  You can get about 500 minutes of talk on each card using a 0800 number. While I am feeling generous  I will get you a few cards. Oh Dear  My late mother would not like that!  She was from Yorkshire and she described a yorkshire person as Scottish but with every drop of generosity squeezed out!!!

The thing is you do not need emfs any more - you have met someone who matters to you - not someone from a picture on a website - you met her in person face to face.

Stick at it and enjoy the time you have left with her.  It will be hard but as she says - you are strong - you will fight to get back as soon as you can.

Anything I can do to help then let me Know.

Heading to Mumbai (Bombay), India  in a moment so speak to you when I get back to London.

Willy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:47:27 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline zook144

« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2009, 06:14:21 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='23871' dateline='1259059581'

Well Rob I am really sorry to have received the news when I called you from Hong Kong.

Stick at it and enjoy the time you have left with her.  It will be hard but as she says - you are strong - you will fight to get back as soon as you can.

Willy

:icon_question:I think I missed something! I thought everything was good except for the dog bite.  Everything ok?

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:08 am »
Hi guys
I will start here from where I left this morning writing my last post in for you.

As I had said Anne stayed  the night after 'our' Talk...As you know we both toild one another that we loved each other...Well Usually this (WITH ANY COUPLE) would lead to mad passionate sex...I think she wanted to be reassured..But I was in a different mindset:angel:  I wanted her... of course I did...BUT I wanted her to see that it was her and not the sex, if that can make any sense!!!  So We just lay in each others arms until she fell asleep.  I got up and wrote my post and went back to snuggling into her...

She awoke bright as a button at 5am this morning, she kissed me, to wake me up, and being the red blooded person that I am...I done what any red blooded man would do in a situation like that:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:  NOW this was NOT taking advantage.  At 7.30 we went down for a taxi for her to go to work.  The last thing she said before the taxi pulling away..."Rob...Wo ai ni...Truly"

But about 6 times during the day she calls me...lol

Well thats that problem sorted, now for trying to get work...:huh:

I travel on a bus for 3 hours to a city called Rizhao.  I meet the director from the school, he takes me him and another teacvher for lunch, it was lovely...Like a beef and potato hotpot...
Anyway we talk a little and then go to the school.  We talk some more and then he asks IF I would take a demo class:huh:  I was not going to go all that way NOT TOO..So I said ok, arrangments were made.

After 30 mminutes we head to this classroom. and it is full of 15/16/17 year olds, all being really mouthy as they can be sometimes.  Anyway we walk in and the director points me to the front and say's "When you ready".  Well I am standing there at the front of this class, and the biggest majority of them have turned there heads away from me and of course talking to each other in Chinese. hmmm   What do I do to get there attention as I can see 3 other teachers and director looking at me!!1

Well I clench my fist and make a knocking sound on the desk, they hear it and turn round, but still talking, so I put my finger to my mouth and say SSSHHHHHHHhhhh.  At that there is quietness, as I glance around the room, I can see the director is well pleased with this:icon_biggrin:  So I make my intreoduction and do the demonstration, which at the beginning was a little shaky (I must say).  On completuion I ask if there are any questions? NO response, I ask again, NO response.  So I walk over to the classroom door open it and walk out!!! Why you may ask?

Well after 25 seconds I walk back into the room and ask a third time "Has anyone got any questions I could answere?"  So this boy at the back puts his hand up and say's "Please, why did you walk out" (correct guy's I walked out to get this response), this stars a flurry of questions once I explained that I needed this response, to get studants to talk to me...

Once I had finished I said thank you and again in Chinese to them...  The director told the other teacher to take me back to the room and he would be there shortly..  He came back after 25 minutes or so, and sat down..  His first words.."Rob you are agood and nice person":huh:  BUT, most of the students and teachers did not understand a lot of what you were saying...(Think Sean Connery, Scottish Actor), So I am sorry we can not offer you blah blah blah.

"No problem" I say and thanks him.  He then says he will book a hotel for me for tonight, which was kind of him, but I declined and mentioned I HAD to get back to Qingdao toonight.  Tonight I am going for dinner with Anne, I have some more bad news for her, and I don't know how she is going to react!!!:blush:
When I first booked this flight, I made it a return ticket, because as you know my original plans (K)

Well, although my hotel is booked (which I was told for a month (it's NOT) it's booked for 15 days.  However, without the proper funds, there is NO WAY I can stay longer.  That is why getting work was so important to me.  My plane back to England is Tomorrow at 3.45, and I have to explain all this to Anne.  I will now make plans to come back in March, hopefully for a wedding.   The thing that people will have to get into their minds, is KEEPING the IMPORTANT information in your head.  Too me this was important...

So here's hoping...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:12:00 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2009, 07:40:56 am »
Outch... Sorry I've missed your story...
It seems that you're going back to England tomorrow, so?? so quick? :s
wow...I'll read your story to better understand what happened...
I just hope that, anyway, it was a good experience for you, even if your journey was "too short"... :(
- Let's Rock -