Author Topic: A new life  (Read 41075 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
RE: A new life
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2010, 07:23:38 pm »
Robert !!!

That's a bit more like it !!!.....you make the right decision...and by golly you are collecting some knowlege and experience along the journey !!!

Just imagine when it all comes together eventually, it will be worth it !!

Regards Mate

David

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2010, 08:11:18 pm »
Watcha me old China,

You had us all concerned for a day or two but now the dust has settled a bit you can maybe see things a bit more clearly.

I will bring the hearts back for you now.

Willy

For those colonials amongst our midst China is Cockney rhyming slang for mate.  China = china plate = Mate
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2010, 08:12:19 pm »
Rob,

thats good it looks like the doors are open to work thru it. looks like
she made a decision in haste also. so best wishes for the near future.
i hope it all turns out well for the two of you.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='35659' dateline='1269821478'

Watcha me old China,

You had us all concerned for a day or two but now the dust has settled a bit you can maybe see things a bit more clearly.

Willy

For those colonials amongst our midst China is Cockney rhyming slang for mate.  China = china plate = Mate

Willy

I dont want to hi-jack the thread...but HELP !!!

Some ex-Cockney bloke I met at a party the other day was talking about "bins"..and he was referring to spectacles. What is the derivation of this word in rhyming slang ??...I'm stumped !!

David

• Board Moderator
« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2010, 10:58:42 am »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='35666' dateline='1269829544'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='35659' dateline='1269821478'

Watcha me old China,

Willy

Willy

I dont want to hi-jack the thread...but HELP !!!

Some ex-Cockney bloke I met at a party the other day was talking about "bins"..and he was referring to spectacles. What is the derivation of this word in rhyming slang ??...I'm stumped !!

David

Bins are the a common name for spectacles by the upper class cockneys.   The real cockney would called them Hackneys - (Hackney marshes) = glasses.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

David5o

« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:26 am »
I think you'll find that ''Bins'' refers to eye's, but has been hijacked at some stage to include glasses!! I have no idea however the rhyming side of it.... I'll have to go have a ''Captain Cook'' see what i can find out ....   hahaha!!!

David....

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2010, 08:18:17 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='35699' dateline='1269875306'

I think you'll find that ''Bins'' refers to eye's, but has been hijacked at some stage to include glasses!! I have no idea however the rhyming side of it.... I'll have to go have a ''Captain Cook'' see what i can find out ....   hahaha!!!

David....

While you're at it, have a "butchers" too :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2010, 10:30:29 pm »
I guess I am going to have to read up on this thread. Rob, WTF? Is this the same Kathy? If not, stay away from any woman that has a name that starts with "K"! Look for a nice woman named Amy or Rose...!!

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #323 on: March 29, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
Rob? WTF ??? What is this nonsense? OK, I'm calming down a bit. Seems she is creating the switch the blame game. Knowing you will get pissed off and not go along with it and then break it off. That way she can not take the blame. If she goes to this extreme? Ciao baby
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:35:04 pm by Vince G »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2010, 11:57:09 pm »
Rob - I am changing my Avitar just for your today.  This is how I see your love life.  Like a bloody yo-yo.

Do me a favour and get back to China and ask another woman where you can buy a translator.   The direct approach is far better for you than all this chatting by internet.

And it is less stressful for all of us who go through these trials and tribulations with you.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2010, 01:43:47 am »
Rob, thank god you got back on the horse, now kickem in the ribs and win that race...I'll expect to see you in the winners circle
soon !
Don...:icon_cheesygrin:

brett

« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:41 am »
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know if you're set on this Chinese wife thing. If you're looking for an Asian wife then maybe you'd be better off looking in Thailand. There are some decent expat run agencies out there who will find you a wife for 1-2 grand including marriage and visa applications etc. About 15% of Thais are Chinese, plus the beaches are much better lol.

I don't know if it is a Chinese thing, but my ex was lying her head off about important things. So while I was getting EMFs discussing marriage plans and stuff and was spending my hard earned cash by sending her little gifts and worrying my head off about her sick mother, she was really spending her evenings on blossoms.com looking for other men to chat to :dodgy:.

rockycoon

« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2010, 03:10:17 am »
Wow Brett,
You were really getting two-timed wern't you.  But, (a big but), there are others out there that are nothing like her.
That really want a husband, and are honest.  You just have to keep looking my friend.  One will come along and
light up your life. :icon_cheesygrin:

brett

« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2010, 04:09:50 am »
Yes I was being played for a fool. Next time I will trust my gut instinct. My gut knows best.

I do want to ask my uncle about Thai ladies, I am wondering if that is a better option. I just think Chinese ladies are better off in China. I largely live in the virtual world these days so I don't care where I live, but I think Chinese ladies would miss their friends and family too much. I suppose I could move out there, but Google is an important part of my life, and I do not like these silly games being played out between the US and China of late.

Anyway, I don't want to threadjack Rob's thread, but I guess we're in the same boat :icon_cheesygrin:!

• Board Moderator
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2010, 05:43:11 am »
I'm all for hijacking Robs thread especially as he will not be using it for a few days.

The loss of Google is causing no problems here at all.  Everyone in the Western World think 'OH my god no google - the world must be ending'  Believe me it does not make a bling bit of difference here.  You no doubt will not be looking for Chinese business so whay do you need China to have Google?

But Google is freely available here by going for one of the proxy servers. It cost less than 13 US dollars a month and you get everything you want INCLUDING BBC programmes to download for free.

If your business is not worth the 13 US it costs then you just aint go no business.  

Do you not think a Thai would miss her family and friends - the chances are that there are less Thais in the UK than Chinese.

Using the lack of Google is a lame excuse Brett.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner