Author Topic: Interview Date Received!!! And I have two questions  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Kadagan

Interview Date Received!!! And I have two questions
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:33:28 pm »
I'm very happy..

First Question:  Is the Monday before the interview date a day when Americans can go and meet with the Visa Officers to ask questions and to answer questions?  My girl has heard this through the grape vine and I was wondering how I sign up.. or know when/where to go, etc.

Second Question: She has some household belongings (and lots of clothes/shoes)... Is there a freight company that anyone can recommend?  Perhaps one that will bring a crate to her house in china.. let her fill it.. then ship it to my door in the states?

I appreciate your time

Offline maxx

RE: Interview Date Received!!! And I have two questions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:26:20 am »
Kadagan never heard of a meet and greet with the visa officers.I think that is rumor.But it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Yes there is companies in China who can ship your ladies stuff to the States.She would do better if she looked for it in China.As far as price goes.

Offline Peter

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:35:17 am »
About the second question: We use the Chinese Postal service to send packages from China to Sweden. The price is about 2000 yuan for 20 kilo. It take 1,5 to 2 month to get the packages so I guess it goes by boat..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Kadagan

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:42:49 am »
Thank you for your responses to both questions.

Peter was right about American Citizen Hour...  http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

But... with a K1 visa you want to go to petitioner hour instead... here is some info:
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u.s._citizen_petitioner_hour_moving_to_monday

The run down is this... If you want just general information about non-imigrant visas then you go to the American Citizen Hour.  If you want to talk with your woman's VSO before her interview (which seems to help) then you want to go to the "Citizen Petitioner Hour"

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:53:05 pm »
Correction Kadagan , Robert S. was right ( not Peter ) on the American Citizen Hour .

Offline Kadagan

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:16:31 am »
Just an update..

Red paper received... it went VERY smooth.

She was almost the last one in line.. but she was the first one to come down the escalator.  

Her interview date was on the 29th of December and because of the holiday it took 8 days to get her passport back in hand.  This was a bit frustrating but all is good now.

The only thing that was a bit surprising was the behavior of my American peers.  There seemed to be two distinct catagories of behavior involved.  The first was a group were all very friendly and in their 40's or older.  The second group consisted of people mid 30's and lower and they were all rude and making a very bad impression on those around them. I'm 34 but count myself in the first group. There were a couple exceptions in this (one from each group was the opposite) but the age difference between the groups was distinct.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have some ideas on why this is the case...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:19:20 am by Kadagan »

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:54:56 am »
No I didn't  see that when Me and my wife were there.Everybody was just setting in the coffee shop talking.No body was being rude or disruptive.

There was one man in his fifties who told me.I was a idiot for using a lawyer.When his girlfriend came back down she was denied a visa.She couldn't speak English and he couldn't speak Chinese.Also there paperwork was incomplete.So they were denied a visa.My wife received her visa that day.

Congratulations to you and your lady.I remember it was a long tense day.

ttwjr32

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »
i have heard it both ways Maxx. some denied with attorney and
 some denied without. makes you wonder if the mood of the
 immigration person has to do with it. just have talked to and
 have heard many different stories when i am sitting at starbucks
at popark

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:12:12 pm »
Ted yes Ive seen it done both ways.The guy that was setting across the table from me.He had a lawyer.His lady was denied a visa.When I was talking to him he didn't sound to confident about his lawyer.Like maybe it was a friend of a friend.That kind of thing.I seen his fiancee after her interview she was just crushed

I talked to another American.When me and my wife went to collect her visa at the post office.He didn't have a lawyer.His wife got her visa on the first try.He told me that he had spent 20 years in the U.S. army as a supply clerk.So he was well informed about the  government paperwork.And what they were looking for.

I have heard internet rumor.That the people doing the interviews have a certain amount of applications they are supposed to deny a month.Somebody from the consulate commented on that statement and said that was totally false.The consulate went on to say.That each person doing the interview.Is monitored and evaluated each month to make sure that they are doing there job right.

I think that it all comes down.To the ladies presentation at the interview.Is the paperwork complete.Has everything ben done that needs to be done.Do you have the supporting documents.Does the lady present herself well.If the lady is dressed nice carries herself well.Has a big open smile.There isn't 20 years age difference between the lady and her man.The lady has a good understanding of English.It should be ok.

The first American I mentioned is this post had a lawyer.Had all the paperwork complete had the supporting documents.His lady was dressed ok.Just a plain white top.A pair of slacks and was wearing Chinese flats.She didn't have a real good grasp of the English language.She was a little shy talking to me.

A man I talked to at the interview.Looked like hell.He looked like he was going to puke and pass out at any time.His lady ran up and down the escalator 2 times during her interview she needed more paperwork and his passport.She was dressed in a pair of expensive American jeans that looked brand new.A blue and white turtleneck sweater.and a pair of white tennis shoes.She had a open friendly smile.Her English and her moms English was very good.Probably some of the best English I have ever heard coming out of China.I talked to her on 2 different occasions along with her mother.She told me her interview took twenty minutes because she had to keep running up and down the escalator.to Get more paperwork and his passport.She received her visa.

My wife was dressed nice.Business suite nice shoes.Had all her paperwork had copies of her paperwork all documents were completed.She has a good understanding of English.Her interview was probably five minutes.

If I remember correctly Nik's wife interview took about five minutes.I have talked to Nik's wife on the phone her English is pretty good.I have never talked to Arnold's wife on the phone.But Martin tells me Arnold's wife has really good English.Arnold did tell me his wife's interview took like 3 minutes and they only asked her a couple of questions.

So in my own opinion.I think it all comes down to the paperwork being right.And how the lady presents herself.At the interview.And the ladies grasp of the English language.

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:02:12 am »
i think it starts with the paperwork and they nit pick from there
 of course looking presentable does help but dont you think they
 do expect a little bit of a problem with the language

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 02:19:34 am »
Ted  no they don't expect the applicants English to be perfect.But the applicant must be proficient enough in English.To call for help.And to communicate.With whoever they may run into when they reach the U.S. They will tell you it is for the women's safety.

Trick Question the person doing the interview mite ask.Do you want to conduct the interview in English or Chinese.If the applicant says Chinese.And they are after a K1 or K3 visa.They have just failed the interview.Federal law states they must do the interview.In the applicants native language.If requested by the applicant.Most applicants don't ask.And when and if the applicant is asked.They will say English.Because they know it is a trick question.

Its the same way for a tourist visa and a student visa.If you don't speak the language how are you going to ask for directions.If you don't speak the language how are you going to understand what the instructor is trying to tell you.

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:25 am »
so i guess a lot of women feel more comfortable in their language
 and then they are penalized for it? thats to bad because they could
 allow them to elaborate in both i think. my lady speaks very good english so
 thats not a problem for us but its a shame it will or can be held against
 others

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:40:11 pm »
so has the interview been done and how was the outcome?

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 11:59:59 pm »
Who Ted

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 12:14:46 am »
Maxx--- Kadagan said at the beginning of this post his interview
              date for his wife was set. just wondering how it went for them