Author Topic: Not sure if I'm being scammed, would like some advice...  (Read 5326 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Not sure if I'm being scammed, would like some advice...
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 09:03:29 pm »
Draydis,

the email is hers if it has her name in it. and in the past if she answered you in a
bad broken english then it was her and not the translator. and only a few words.
i would go with the plan of the final 4 credits and see what happens. write to her
in her personal email after she recieves the last 2 emf's so to give her time to get
them from the translator. see what happens. i personally dont like the 'when my english
gets better' so she really doesnt want to talk with you for a couple of years? because
it will take that long. this stinks of as the old saying goes "something in denmark stinks"
this is why the agencies dont like to give out their numbers or contact info. if it is them
doing something then oh well on to the next. they made as much as they could with this
one. and the mother earth ship in hong kong well they dont care nor will they do anything
other than write you some fluffy letter back.

changes are coming and will soon be announced here in the forum and you could all who
are looking be in better hands than these chnlove agencies

Offline Cam

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:56 am »
Use Google translate and make sure you use lots of full stops between the words like .......How are.you?... I am having. a good day.... you are. very beautiful.... etc etc. It gives the translation much less chance of getting it wrong if everything is in short sentences.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 02:21:27 am »
Cam is right make the words short and to the point.  Do not use collequiel words that may only be used in your country or even your distict.  

My wife tells me that a lot of women here are scared to speak on telephone as your Chinese may be Mandarin and she speak Cantonese or visa versa.   They do not want to sound stupid by misunderstanding you or you her and then you going somewhere else.

This could well have been an idea situation that would have been avoided by the proposed agency that Ted gave details of.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

brett

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 06:26:42 am »
It's not that difficult to communicate using Google translate. Just keep EMFs for important stuff.

A Chinese lady without 10,000 photos of herself is very rare :icon_cheesygrin:.

If a lady won't make the extra effort to communicate then it's a big red flag as far as I'm concerned - you have a wonder if they're really serious about the relationship.

trwme

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 07:45:36 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='34464' dateline='1268648802'

A Chinese lady without 10,000 photos of herself is very rare :icon_cheesygrin:.

OMG, ain't THAT the truth!

Offline Zhuzhu

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 10:07:36 am »
Give you a piece of suggestion. You do not book a flight ticket, but tell her that you have already booked a ticket to visit her. If she is real ur lady, she would like to meet you. If she is the translator, she might not let you go there coz no one is going to meet you there. They will be afraid of you to lodge a complaint to the Chnlove headquarter.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 10:13:40 am »
Quote from: 'zhuzhu' pid='34476' dateline='1268662056'

Give you a piece of suggestion. You do not book a flight ticket, but tell her that you have already booked a ticket to visit her. If she is real ur lady, she would like to meet you. If she is the translator, she might not let you go there coz no one is going to meet you there. They will be afraid of you to lodge a complaint to the Chnlove headquarter.

The problem with this suggestion, is...what if she is real?  Now he said he is coming, and does not have a ticket.

Offline Zhuzhu

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 10:49:55 am »
He can say that because of the weather, he has to cancell the flight and will try to visit her next time.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 10:57:50 am »
Quote from: 'zhuzhu' pid='34478' dateline='1268664595'

He can say that because of the weather, he has to cancell the flight and will try to visit her next time.

I don't think that basing a relationship on lies is the best course of action.  This is my opinion.  If he is being lied to, then he needs to find out.  But by lying as well, then he is not better than the agency.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:59 am »
I agree with Dinger.  Starting off with a lie is just asking for trouble later.  Plus blaming the weather is not really a good enough excuse.  This is a tough situation.  I have been there.  There are a lot of red flags as has been pointed out.  The best course of action is what you are doing.  Plus the best advice was go with your heart but lead with your brain.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline dude

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:08 am »
Quote from: 'Draydis' pid='34431' dateline='1268604404'

Her email is pretty much her profile name and the yahoo.cn, but I'm not sure if it's agency controlled

I will place a bet this is an agency made email address! Anybody like to place a wager? I'm curious is her profile name Chinese or English...first not last name.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 05:48:49 pm »
Draydis, you know with the info you've given about your girl, her profile is easy to find. I think the email address is probably setup by the agency ... my experience is they all use QQ and more. If it is her personal address, then she uses yahoo messenger, try that route. But if the address sounds like firstname-in-English.surnamename and some number, the agency set it up. My experience with that agency is that they will block direct contact as long as possible, it takes complaining and threats to get direct contact, I tried on a couple of occasions, always the same story.

She is young ... more risk of a scam than with older ones.

My 2 cents ...

Frank
Go deep or don't go

David5o

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 06:25:06 pm »
Draydis,

From what you say about her email address, it sounds pretty certain that it is an agency controlled address. That's not to say that the lady can't use that email address she can. She has access to all that address offers, just that the agency is aware of all that goes through it, as the translator has the password access along with your lady.

As for the broken English mails you had from her in the past, ...that could be her trying her hand at English, or the translator trying to put you off direct contact.

David

ttwjr32

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 06:34:16 pm »
telling her you are coming to see her and not having a real ticket and then
 finding she is real and telling her you cancelled becuase of something is terrible
 advise. this is part of the problem when a legitimate lady is hesitant to give you
 her contact info. they have been told and done to like this a few times or the man
 disappears. i would just tell her point blank like he did in the last email and see what
 happens. and move on iif you have to. there are to many ladies who are more willing
 to talk to you.  NO--pics or qq well that is all bu****** as everyone here has that
 and then some. 3 months and still these excuses well just take the hard stand and
 see what happens

Offline dude

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 12:38:30 am »
If your going to lie...send an EMF and say that your there and want to meet immediately...why bother with the weather cancel flight? Like the men here have pointed out: a lie is no good...why bother lowering yourself to a translator's level??? If this woman is truly interested, she will do the direct contact! Everything you have written seems to be translator generated crap! Give the woman a chance but give agency an ultimatum...send email or emf and write to translator(at the bottom) and let translator know your intentions! You can also do this in a mature/assertive manner and maybe a positive outcome will happen! Good luck!