Author Topic: Opinion on women from China  (Read 2500 times)

Offline mustfocus

Opinion on women from China
« on: March 22, 2010, 11:43:07 pm »
Hey guys,

Came across a series of video clips about how women from China (as opposed to chinese women) are viewed in Singapore.  Was an interesting watch.  It might give everyone some perspective on what women from China face outside of the country...

http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/currentaffairs/45170.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:43:31 pm by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

rockycoon

RE: Opinion on women from China
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:12:12 am »
Very interesting, don't speak Chinese, but get the drift.

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:06:52 am »
just like anything else people expressing their opinions on how they feel
but doesnt neccesarily express accuracy

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:14 pm »
It's expressing an opinion, but it does give some perspective.  Consider Singapore is roughly 85% to 90% ethnic chinese... And that's what their opinion is.  Something to make your mind say hmmm....
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

David5o

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
Hahaha, The Singaporeans have always been a bit on the side of elitist, in all manner of things!!! Some of them with good reason....

David....

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:32 pm »
As much as people hate to hear it, it's a nannystate.  The "holy trinity" is the only thing keeping them up.  While commendable, when they filter out, I have a feeling there's going to be a big collapse...or more nannies...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:38 pm »
not quite sure i understand what your saying here Mustfocus,
could you fill me in better on this  thanks

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 01:20:44 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='35411' dateline='1269446738'

not quite sure i understand what your saying here Mustfocus,
could you fill me in better on this  thanks

He means they are sheep, and housetrained by the govt, spousebroken by the wife. Personally, I lived here for the better part of 2 decades, so I can weigh in. So many of the guys are wimpified by the nannyfication... and don't really have much intercourse with China women except in Geylang, the red light district, so therein the bias... and I find many women here are irritatingly "Princesses", much more so than the original China Princesses. Many of the China people here are working in lower level service positions, so often the locals look down upon them. I live with a whole houseful of them, so yes, most are nice decent people, BUT some have disgustingly poor standards of hygiene. Personally, I find China girls preferable to Singapore girls, many of whom are stuckup high maintenance bitches, no wonder Singaporeans have the least sex in the Durex surveys....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:23:16 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 01:46:42 pm »
odysseus007,  

Can you enlighten us a little on what you mean by ... ''BUT some have disgustingly poor standards of hygiene''.

David....

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 02:00:15 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='35421' dateline='1269452802'

odysseus007,  

Can you enlighten us a little on what you mean by ... ''BUT some have disgustingly poor standards of hygiene''.

David....

Now I work as a realtor, and many if not most Singaporean landlords refuse to rent apartments to China immigrants coz they say erm... cockroaches are their pets !!! lolz... actually I never even encountered any bedbugs in this country til I lived with them folks. And they sometimes do things like leave stuff for years in the fridge, dump food into the sink til it clogs up, dump leftovers in the toilet bowl, wash their shoes in the washing machine, leave rubbish for other people to clean up.... the list goes on. NOT ALL China people are like that, some are 10 times neater than me, haha... The educated ones are like you & me, it's the uneducated ones who are the problem.
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »
Larry,

I wouldn't have necessarily put it that way... I just feel that once the current leadership leaves the scene, things are going to go downhill from there.

The problem is that because of the high standard of living there, it has given many people a certain attitude that I think will get them in trouble.  There are a lot of good people there and I'd hate to see them get tarred with the same brush.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='35424' dateline='1269453741'

Larry,

I wouldn't have necessarily put it that way... I just feel that once the current leadership leaves the scene, things are going to go downhill from there.

The problem is that because of the high standard of living there, it has given many people a certain attitude that I think will get them in trouble.  There are a lot of good people there and I'd hate to see them get tarred with the same brush.

Since I live here, I know better than to say anything political. ZIP IT! Let's face it : even Singaporeans think Singaporeans lack creativity & gung ho-ness. Again, qualifier - NOT ALL, but most are salarymen, and sometimes think too highly of themselves being just pen-pushers.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 04:43:17 pm »
Guess I will have to weigh in on this when I get back. 6 days baby!!!

Ted,

They mean that the guys in Singapore are a bunch of mamas boys. There is too much done for them.

Larry,

I will PM you when I get home. I may need to talk to you. I am just leaving florida now. I should be home sometime friday night your time.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

David5o

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »
As far as i remember, Singapore has always been a Nanny State with i think more rules and regulations than anywhere else in South East Asia...

As for some of these immigrants being unhygienic, i guess you will always have a proportion of people that fits a similar description from any country. Washing shoes in the washing machine, .....I know several people that do exactly this to clean their trainers, and all of them are from the West ...lol!!!  It Doesn't do the washing machine any good mind,  sends the drum out of balance....

Been a long time since i spent any time in Singapore, so what sort of things are they up to now with regards their nannying ways of the population??

David......
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:37:05 pm by David5o »

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:24 pm »
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='35434' dateline='1269463397'

Guess I will have to weigh in on this when I get back. 6 days baby!!!

Ted,

They mean that the guys in Singapore are a bunch of mamas boys. There is too much done for them.

Larry,

I will PM you when I get home. I may need to talk to you. I am just leaving florida now. I should be home sometime friday night your time.

Dave C

not only that, just based on one case, they passed into law that oral sex is an offence unless preceded or followed by conventional plain vanilla sex. Can you beat that? Next you will be required to read a manual before you do it. Oh, and welcome to Nannypore!
sure Dave, bring it on!

Quote from: 'David5o' pid='35439' dateline='1269470047'

As far as i remember, Singapore has always been a Nanny State with i think more rules and regulations than anywhere else in South East Asia...

As for some of these immigrants being unhygienic, i guess you will always have a proportion of people that fits a similar description from any country. Washing shoes in the washing machine, .....I know several people that do exactly this to clean their trainers, and all of them are from the West ...lol!!!  It Doesn't do the washing machine any good mind,  sends the drum out of balance....

Been a long time since i spent any time in Singapore, so what sort of things are they up to now with regards their nannying ways of the population??

David......

You mean apart from (in)famous about-turn on population control, egregious investment decisions with the national reserves, highest taxes in the world on cars, smokes & booze, fines on spitting, peeing in the lift, & any number of things, Corrective Work Orders where offenders are shamed on the front pages of the national daily, etc ? Oh, the Post Office tried to be "creative" by hiring vandals to VANDALIZE their own postboxes, the local movie director's affair with some bimbo 1/3 his age is on the front pages for 5 days in a row, and now it probably requires people in any job to pass some exam. Very soon there will be Kama Sutra exams for prostitutes I reckon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:24:08 pm by odysseus007 »