All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

"Good girls"

<< < (3/7) > >>

Gautam:
sorry chaps I am realy late in this but I really find this interesting so felt the need despite my better judgement to post this.

let me see if I have this right - You have this "thing" with a babe and it was "hot" and then she tell you she is a good girl and has a financee or some other unspecified relationship with a chap who is not there sees her infrequently and is going to get her to Europe to study.

So it good bye as she is a "good girl"

I think this speaks for itself.

But maybe the family really does like this chap she she sees infequently - they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

matthifre:
I should mention that I knew about the other guide before, we had some Email-Traffic because I booked her as my tourguide.
Of course I know that she was ready to betray the other guy but I understand the circumstances.

But let's see what the time will bring, there are a lot of chinese girls...

Jimmy:
Once a woman starts cheating on her man it just becomes easier for her to do it the next time and the next time and the next time.

Sylvain D:
Reading' this topic just makes me thinking about the story I "live" with Ting and her traditionnal parents...
:s

*gonna chek if really prepared to face some part of reality*
--- Quote from: 'David K' pid='3174' dateline='1242592663' ---
There is a Chinese saying "Man who chase two rabbits catch neither" I imagine it applies to Chinese girls as well :-).   What she is doing to him, sooner or later she will likely do to you..... Lifes too short to get emeshed with someone who is always looking for a better icecream  :-)

--- End quote ---

are you sure it's chinese? i thought it was frenchie one ^^'

kennyg:
The "good girl" in China´s society... complex topic, like most topics over here :dodgy:

Yes, women over here are expected to follow the family´s will. A "good girl" would drop any man in 10 seconds if her parents told her to, no questions asked.

Especially if it is a Western man. In many, especially more traditional, Chinese families, Western men -regardless of the social standing, age etc- are still second choice and only "bad women" would mingle with Westerners. That is national pride.

Also, "good girl" does not apply to mingling with Western men anyway.
Especially in the bigger cities like BeiJing, ShangHai, ShenZhen, ... it is perfectly socially acceptable to have one, two, three Western "candidates", play "hot/cold" with them, keep them warm for later... while at the same time, look for a suitable Chinese man.  

Apart from other Westerners, you get no empathy here when you fall victim to such a woman. When Western men "play" with Chinese women, its the "evil Western sex-greedy devils", when Chinese women "play" with Western men, the "Western men get what they deserve when they think they can just come here and impress our women with their money".

So, "playing" women are not "bitchy"... they are "clever". As long as they don´t treat a Chinese man badly (which would bring shame to the girl´s family).

I don´t want to sound bitter, and I am surely not, I just like to mention, occasionally, that Chinese women do not by default have an excellent character. Yes, there are plenty of pure, pretty, smart, honest and loyal women to be found, but epecially in the bigger, Westernized cities, surely due to the influx of many wealthy expats, a group of greedy "players" has risen.

If a woman TELLS you: "Oh, dearest, I would not do this or that, I am a good girl" - RUN. A truly good girl will never tell you she is a "good girl"... and a true high class girl will never tell you that she is a "high class girl".

A genuinely good person does not advertise her qualities like that, she trusts that a worthy suitor recognizes her character. One who has something to hide, however, tends to advertise qualities she does not have.

Rules of thumb:

a. If a woman tells you she is a "good girl", it means: "My innocent smile works so well, you will never figure out how badly I am cheating you behind your back. Everyone knows it but you. Don´t be surprised if my friends smile at you compassionately. It is only because they like you so much.".

b. If a woman tells you she is a "high class girl", it means: "I may wear 3$-heels and feed from the 3RMB-booths on the street. But woe you if you offer me anything below *****. You only get sex when there´s an LV bag in for me. Then I am yours forever. Until another man offers me something more expensive.".

c. If it is too good to be true - it probably is. You are 40, have a low-prestige-mediocre-income job? That´s not a shame, most of us are like that :icon_cheesygrin: The lady of your dreams is 25, a big city girl wearing plenty of fake blingbling, looks like a supermodel and tells you she is "a good girl down in her heart and wants to get out of all the big-city-life stress and just have a peaceful life with a normal, loving man"? RUN!

The slightly older women, and the more educated ones who have seen a little bit from the world, may be interested in building a true, honest LTR with a Westerner. Simply because "we" treat women better, because the Western lifestyle -the individuality, the clean air, ... - suits them better etc.

But the young, prettified, uneducated ones who only know "the West" from TV (big luxurious houses, Porsche, Louis Vuitton... many think that everyone here lives like that!), usually from lower-class families... these women have been raised to go for the "grab and run" quick win. That may be "bad" in a Western person´s eyes, but a perfectly valid and reasonable "survival strategy" over there. Remember that China has very little social security and is largely still a 3rd world country.

Cheerio and when any of you dudes is coming to ShangHai, give me a holler! :icon_cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version