All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

"Good girls"

<< < (5/7) > >>

Arnold:

--- Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='9072' dateline='1248017158' ---
I think that, if 'my good girl' happens to turn into a 'bad' girl, this will make her a 'GOOD' girl in my eyes.....I think !!!!!:angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

--- End quote ---

Well ... I " KNOW " my alway's " NICE " Girl , coming from her ... is a very NAUGHTY Girl ... like her naughty " BEE " .
I can not Lie :angel: , I like it :blush: .

maxx:
Hey I remember a Kenny from Germany on the Chnlove official forum.He had a women in Shanghia that he was talking to.Would you be the same person?

Ed W:

--- Quote from: 'kennyg' pid='9064' dateline='1248015996' ---
A genuinely good person does not advertise her qualities like that, she trusts that a worthy suitor recognizes her character.
--- End quote ---

I once told my wife she was "super woman" for how he deals with adversity in her daily life and what's she's had to deal with in the past. She actually took offense to this and told me not to call her this and pointed out she is a simple woman only doing what she has to do.

I struck me as if by saying this to her was taking away some part of her character. Of course I did as she wished but I didnt expect a praise of her to be taken as an insult or alike.

Arnold:
Ed , that's funny . It was okay for Qing to call me " Super Hero " , but I think I better not can her " Super Woman " either . To be on the safe side .:angel:

kennyg:

--- Quote from: 'maxx' pid='9119' dateline='1248030630' ---
Hey I remember a Kenny from Germany on the Chnlove official forum.He had a women in Shanghia that he was talking to.Would you be the same person?

--- End quote ---

You got a fabulous memory :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, that´s me. It started out really great back then - but then came the steep learning curve. It started out all great and sweet, the lady was clever enough not to show her bad side from the beginning. She really worked hard to make the impression of a reasonable, modest girl. But the more she thought she had "sacked" me, the worse it became (as I found later, largely under the influence of her friends who advised her to the "extort, drop, next" strategy).

It began with small things like: "You cannot expect me to even say thank you for travelling through whole Europe with me. I am worth that and more... and you should be happy about my company and thank ME instead.", and it ended with: "If you want to marry a high-class girl like me, a BMW X5 is a suitable proposal gift, no less.". No kidding.

Yes, I could have afforded that - but such bold greed left me speechless. The minute I told her (and I really managed to stay calm and kind!) that we could talk about her choice of car when she is my *wife*... she tried the "you don´t love and value me enough anyway"-routine. And the rest is, literally, history.

At that time, I was really disgusted - I couldn´t believe that there are women who sell themselves out like that - it was probably her way of trying to provide a better future for herself and her kid.

But now, I regard this as a rather funny episode, my Chinese pals and me laughed a lot about that. I have even kept a collection of the best quotes :icon_cool:

And I know that there are many, many good women in China, and surely in ShangHai too - I have just become more cautious.

Kenny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version