All About China > Your trip to China

End of the road

<< < (10/152) > >>

Pineau:
I am going to the police station again today. Taking the foreigner form and passport and photo. If they don't sort it out this time I will at least have proof I tried. The lady at the police station is being very difficult and bitc..y. Typical situation where a very small person is in a position of power. I can either put up with her or make her some trouble but I'm sure she could return the favor. The police in Shenzhen ar so much more friendly and helpful. I already have an L visa good until next September. we will probably get married after Christmas and file for her Visa immediately after that. I plan to stay for as long as that takes unless some pressing business erupts back home.

Willy The Londoner:
I have a sort of magnet that attracts the police to wherever I am living.  I have been called on at both apartments that I lived in.

You have to find the nearest police station to you.  In Zhongshan I visited about 5 and I was never in their areas. I tried the PSB and they were no help.  I eventually found a police station out on it own about a mile from the nearest other building.  Probably to put there to ensure only the fittest can get to it as it would be a hike on foot.  And they have no completed the road that runs in front of it yet.

But I now go there the day after I renew my visa at the PSB and get a new temporary residence permit made out.   Only one lady can deal with it there and I often has to call her cellphone  to find when she is available.

Willy

Pineau:
yesterday there was a new lady. she was much more helpful than the previous one. she checked and accepted the form and said they would issue me a paper if everything checked out. She also mentioned that i would have to leave in 90 days and reapply when i returned. she seemed to know what she was doing.

now a new question. The single certificate. where to start. the American embassy or the Chinese?

Arnold:
Like Mike said , I also went to the US Embassy in Shanghai (without an appointment ) walked in showed Passport .. go to a window .. they give you a paper to fill out and wait for your number to be called . Show Passport - Form they gave you - and in my case Death Cert. of my late Wife and of course $ 30 . Wait about five minutes and walla Paper in hand (english ) which was also enough at our Registry to be Married . Much simpler then I thought for sure .

Pineau:
The single certificate only took 45 minutes without an appointment. You need your divorce decree, passport and your intended spouse's ID card. (and $50)

It didnt take long at all so when I was finished I asked her if she wanted to go get married. Well you can guess how that conversation ended.

So guess what? We just got married and celebrated at the Pizza Hut!  wow!  I need to tell mom and my sisters.  oh gosh, and my kids...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version