Author Topic: Living in your coutnry or your ladies country  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Living in your coutnry or your ladies country
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:06:55 pm »
The issue of moving to the UK with my wife never arose.   

I made it clear from day 1 that I wanted to continue living here.  I met my wife 4 months after taking up residence here.

Just as well because when we visited the UK for ten days in September she did not like it .

Amazed at how few people were walking in the streets.  Did not like English food except Danish pastry ( well the name is Danish)

Was glad to get back to China where she has a new found freedom

Have I made a difference to her life?     

Yes I have.  In ways that I will not go into here but since meeting me she can now do things that she was unable to do for many years with her children.

My unearned income in the UK is small there - here it enables me to live in any way that I wish.   Although that is basically Chinese. 

After one year married we are in the process of buying our first home together and are already saving towards number 2.

Would I change anything.  Not on your life. I am happier now than I have ever been and have been able to start a second online business here.

Lerarning the language is very difficult when you get to my age but she learns more and more each day and I learn a word here and there.

I have never been one for long in-depth conversations so it suits me fine.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,