Author Topic: Getting pictures?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
Re: Getting pictures?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 05:44:47 am »
Hello! In China. There are a lot of girls and family without camera. This is very normal.You can download the English version QQ, or MSN.
Can you through video chat.See the real her.It is very important. Photos cannot explain everything.If your girlfriend not promise with you video chat. That she might have problems.If she loves you. She will agree to every day and you video chat.otherwise........

Rachel.
Tao with god

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:18:59 am »
Whoops.  haha.  My bad.  Here's the link I have bookmarked: http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=translate
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Kevin T.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »
Hey all,

I've been busy for a few days so I haven't had the chance to read the new responses until now. Neil, thanks for the link. I have it bookmarked, and I'll check it out later.

Rachel, thank you for your input. She told me her family never had a camera when she was growing up, so that makes sense. She says that she borrows a camera from her friend or her sister sometimes, but she is embarrassed to ask. And when I mention an internet cafe, she says she is afraid to go there alone.

Just writing about this has helped me a lot. I've read all of your responses, and you all have given me a lot to think about. Despite my misgivings, I think most of what she writes actually comes from her. I'm going to continue on, and see what happens when I go to visit. I'll let you all know what happens, good or bad. Thanks all,

Kevin

Offline Kevin T.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:37 pm »
Ugh... bad news. I always had my doubts, but trying QQ was my last card to play. It was ignored and she asked why I was questioning her. Man, I wanted this to be right.

F**********************K!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone here. I feel like an ass, so I'm gonna go drown my sorrows, but really, you guys saved me thousands of dollars. Next round is on me.

Kevin

JOHN1964

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:38:55 pm »
Hey Kevin, I feel for you , Give up on this one but keep looking, There are plenty out there who are genuine and looking for a life long partner.
I nearly gave up on MinYing a few times early on as she had no natural pictures to send me, Just photoshopped ones, I had the occasional phone call but that was it, I guess i was lucky to find someone real and not to scam me.
Keep trying man, You will find her.
Regards MinYing and John.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 02:35:46 am »
Kevin

Dont feel like an ass !!!!!

You should feel like a very smart Man to have found out the truth and saved lots of money...and lots of heartache  ;D ;D

Truly, there ARE many, many beautiful and sincere Ladies in China....your first one was not sucessful...but now you know how to seperate the "wheat from the chaff" !!!!!

Nil desperandum....nil illegitimi carborundum !!!

(dont give up, and dont let the bast***s grind you down)  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kevin T.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:41 pm »
Hey guys. I thought I'd stop in and say hi. This didn't really call for a new thread, so I'll just put it here.

I may have had a bad experience, but I haven't given up. I wrote to a few more ladies, and wow! Such mixed results.  David E you hit the nail on the head with the whole "wheat from the chaff" bit (The other line was completely awesome too. I need to remember that). Haha one woman sent me a photo that ought to be in a men's magazine, and then asked me how many cars I have. Anyone looking for a trophy? But then I found Yanping. She's a year younger than me- 32, she's beautiful, and even though she works 12 hours a day and has no computer at home, she's already agreed to a webcam visit. Also, our translator introduced herself without me asking and gave me her personal email address. All in all, a much better experience so far. I made a bunch of mistakes before, but I'm excited about this.  I have to say, I almost gave up, but I'm glad I didn't. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it goes.

Kevin