Author Topic: Post 888 BIRTHDAY TREAT  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Post 888 BIRTHDAY TREAT
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »
Post 888 from the Book of JOB

Being such an auspicious number in Chinese culture, I saved this post for my Birthday cake in hopes that my wish will come true. So please share in a slice of my mind, even if half baked.

Twas two years ago that I approached that Solemn age of  Two score & Ten more. It was safe to say that half my candles had been lit and to achieve 50 more would be a rare feat. So instead of blowing gentle into that candle light, I raged raged against the years that had passed and vowed to make my grand gesture. Thus my journey to Asia, a miner at 49er searching for my darling "Clementine" ie: sometimes known as a "Christmas orange", as its peak season is December; becoming the most important commercial Mandarin.

I was wed February 12, 2009 and returned home just before my fiftieth birthday, thinking my grand gesture suffice: an exotic land trekked and an Asian bride my new wife. But into this grand design my life would be turned upside down as akin to Job from the Bible, with his many tribulations, I too would face my own tests of patience as Bureaucracy would mire my life in red duct tape.

The latest trial in our visa quest has the hiccup of her son's official birth certificate having his father's name appear on it. So the Canadian consulate has claimed that my wife as they state " This means that by law you were legally or traditionally married to your son's father.......at that time. Please provide details of the marriage and if applicable, the divorce or separation." My wife has stated three times that she had never been married: original application, at the interview, the letter she replied to under oath from December; but now has been asked a fourth time to provide details. Oooh the delays and hurdles we have had to pass could make me curse the day I was born, but instead it will be levity that displaces gravity in this situation.

The Parable of Job and his plight in the Bible has been a grand cover up that for so long people have misunderstood the real tale. I am now here to reveal the true light of the story and Brace yourself men, its hidden truth.

God was actually trying to teach Job that people would stop and help out when neighbours would stumble upon trying times. He kept heaping more misfortune upon poor Job, but was surprised when no neighbours would stop and give assistance. This so confused God that the story was soon altered into its present CONtext. But you see the real reason is that eventhough Job's neighbours so desperately wanted to help Job, they were just to embarrassed to ask him " Excuse me, but do you need a hand ...... Job?"  ::)

So let me now close my eyes and make a wish as I huff & I puff & I blow my Candles out.  8)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

Re: Post 888 BIRTHDAY TREAT
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:25:07 pm »
Ron, Happy Birthday.  I know it is difficult waiting as long as you have covering the same issue over and over and over again.  Keep in mind that Job eventually won over his trials.   All I can tell you is keep your eye on the prize.

Offline Proteus

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:47:38 pm »
生日快乐  8)

Offline halfpint

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »
Happy Birthday Rhonald, you obviously have the right temperment for all you've gone through.  I'm certain the present will be worth it.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
My Goodness Ron

What a tale of Beaurocratic woe you have........but on the bright side, you must be responsible for keeping a WHOLE Department gainfully employed probing into your matrimonial affairs !!
Without you and your Lady to keep them busy, no doubt the Canadian Foreign Affairs department would be in serious deficit...imagine all those poor Public Servants with no trough into which to stick their snouts...tragic !!

You know what they say..."If it does not kill you, it will make you stronger" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:31:46 am »
Not to be rude to your ongoing plight...but...hahahahaha. Loved the end of the story...assuming of course, that I read it right.

Happy birthday Rhonald. I hope this is your year.

Proteaus...good to see you back.

Paul Todd

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »
Lets all hope that this is the year you have been waiting for, and it brings you and your wife together at long last. Happy birthday Rhonald  :)

Offline Philip

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 06:26:50 am »
Happy birthday Rhonald. I hope this year will be smoother than the last. I know why you persevere with such patience. As someone who shares your birthday once said, "Something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover." He also said "Got my mind set on you"

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 04:35:35 am »
Happy Birthday brother. I ask myself everyday what could more these governments possible want.  I have offered money so thats not it.  It's a hard road all of this waiting. At one point had even considered getting a divorce so my wife could come on a fiance visa, and then marry her again after she was home.  Good luck this next year.
Jimmy Henson