General Discussion and Useful Links > Useful Links And Articles

The Red Envelope

<< < (3/11) > >>

Spruik:

--- Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='4458' dateline='1243794099' ---

--- Quote from: 'wilsonlee71' pid='4226' dateline='1243605658' ---

--- Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='4224' dateline='1243602894' ---
Thanks , Wilsonlee and yes 71 makes eight too .
I appreciate this very much .

--- End quote ---

hahaha, funny, I never thought of that! 71 is the year I was born ...

--- End quote ---

Wilsonlee , great .. you know now that you mentioned that , it makes me feel good .. was born '53 .. bingo " 8 " :rolleyes:
Toon , your Lucky also , 29 = makes 11 and that is also a very good number in China .

--- End quote ---

Guess the number 1 is not lucky...

The girl broke off early this morning (after midmight), mainly as a result of a series of terrible misunderstanding due to her machine and my online (MDBG) translations.

I almost paid for the booking to visit her.

Good dialog just doesn't seem possible... i have decided that unless she speaks & reads reasonable English, it's just too hard.

With Chnlove providing translation service, it attracts many who cannot use other dating websites.

Toon

Scottish_Rob:
Sorry to hear that Toon man.....:(

Spruik:
The communication over one month was promising but extremely frustrating... didn't think it would really lead to something lasting, although her family was already involved.

--- Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='4483' dateline='1243811329' ---
Toon

sorry to hear this as well .....

but if I understand you right ...
This breakup was the result of trouble in you and this lady communicating clearly ????

Mike

--- End quote ---

I can safely say, yes.

But adding that two days ago I said I would make a movie of my face smiling (LOL) and email it to her. Her translation implied that she thought I was going to send her the movie on a CD and post it to her.

Explaining , explaining, explaining... with repeatedly inaccurate translator output. I got so tired there was no reasonable time to do it (and convert it so she could play on computer). After 2 days she decided that I do not follow up what I said I would, showing a negative attribute and that's it.

I am sure that was not the only issue. I was getting very frustrated and pointed out to her how hard it will be unless she knows some English before I come, rather than start learning after.

I am not crying over it, just demonstrated to me that I don't think I would want to be relying on machine translations from the wedding day onwards.

Toon.

Martin:
Well...the first time I called Zhifang, she could barely say three words in English.  That was in November.  Today we talk regularly, and have enjoyable conversations.  Sometimes we struggle, but she is learning English so fast.  All I am trying to say is, be patient, as language can be learned.

In a letter to her once, I told her things would be hard...that language and culture would be different for both of us.  But then I said, language is an issue that will be fixed in time...and the cultural differences will enhance our lives.

In a later letter, she said that while our language would be difficult at times, she wanted me to hang on to the words in her letters to comfort me in those time when we could not communicate.

metooap:
Toon, I am sorry to hear about this situation.

In reading your post – one thing jumped out – “how hard it will be unless she knows some English before I come, rather than start learning after.” I agree with this statement. This would be good. On the other hand, this puts the squeeze on her. What about you learning some Chinese?

Although I do not know your business,  I do believe Language and culture are barriers – but if that spark is really there and love flows…..nothing can really stop love.

So maybe this one was not meant to be.

The key is what did you learn from the process?

What needs to be fixed?

Afterwards, batter-up man!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version