All About China > Chinese Culture And Festivals

Badminton

(1/6) > >>

Chris:
I've looked at a lot of profiles, and many of them say that they love badminton. Badminton? Really?  :shock: Is it really that popular?

Now I'm secretly hoping to read a profile where the girl is into curling.

Chong:
Actually, the Chinese women national curling team just won this year's World Curling Championship and they're quite the celebrities in China now.

I believe also that the Chinese won Gold Medals in Badminton at the recent Beijing Olympics.

Irishman:
It is popular, my Ling likes it too, that and Ping Pong.

cHi:
It's also not badminton like you remember as a kid - I watched a video where this guy hit the badminton birdie through a watermelon... that's scary (O.o)  But yes, badminton is very popular, along with ping pong, which is great because I love it (and incidentally spent way too much time playing ping pong in college LoL)

Peter:
I played some Ping Pong when I was young and played quite good too for a amateur... When I played with my lady she was as good as me so we had a good game.. She is really quite good. I guess that Ping Pong is something that every one plays but you need a table and and have to be indoors to play it. Badminton you can play everywhere..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version