Author Topic: My story so far...To be continued...  (Read 24060 times)

David5o

RE: My story so far...To be continued...
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2009, 05:34:29 pm »
Phil,

Sorry amigó! But the way it was originaly written, gave that impression, that it was another generalisation.
If as you say it wasn't, that's fine, i appologise openly to you.
Too many generalisations appear on these threads, some have foundations, but most have none...

David....

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2009, 06:18:36 pm »
It's too late now mate it was sent yesterday....
I paid £4.95 for next day delivery service, so i wont know until i get my passport back whether they received it in time or not...

Where I live is 400 or 500 miles away mate..If I had known about the strike, I would have went down and handed it in myself...

Paul Todd

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2009, 09:57:58 pm »
Hi Rob,
If you used the chinesevisadirect site they will e-mail you as soon as they get it. Then keep you updated, They even tell you the day it will be delivered back to you.  If you used another company, well , the post office should have given you a tracking number. Go to the PO website and punch in the number. I sent mine off with only two weeks before I left ! So I'm sure it will be fine.:icon_cheesygrin:

brett

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 03:16:38 am »
I failed to get the official website to work in any browser I used. In the end I used an agency in London's China Town. My visa took about 7 working days to arrive which wasn't bad. It cost more this way, but the agency didn't charge that much on top of the standard fees.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 05:58:18 am »
Hi guys, just a little update, I got an Email from the company that I'm using for my visa in London.  They said that my Visa application has been received and has been forwarded to the Chinese Embassy...Yeaaaa:icon_biggrin:

shaun

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 07:30:41 am »
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Happy for you!!!!!!!!!
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:55 am »
Thats great news Rob.   :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:        :icon_arrow:              :icon_arrow:              :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:11:31 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2009, 01:32:47 pm »
Well today I went to see the nurse for the last injection before I go, so I was quite happy about that...:icon_cheesygrin:

Then...Once i got in it was a new nurse, she read my notes and discovered that i 'should' have been back earlier, the 'last' nurse had made a mistake...:s Now I have to go back 'next' Monday to discuss where I am going etc, then go back on the 19th October for 'MY' new booster:huh::@

I HATE BLOODY NEEDLES...:@:@

However, the last nurse had a lot on her mind I was told, she had just found out 'she' had breast cancer....  So I suppose she could be forgiven for the mistake...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:34:11 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2009, 07:39:38 pm »
Rob, I don't remember exactly where in China you're going but if its any where near south China, use bug repellant, the last time we were there a mosquito gave me a nasty little going away present, so don't let the little bugger bite you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:40:49 pm by MLM »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2009, 07:49:52 pm »
I just finished taking the last of my Malaria pills from my trip.  Got those Rob?  I guess Malaria isn't what you're talking about is it Michael?  I saw more dragonflies than mosquitoes though.  I believe they eat 'em.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2009, 07:54:26 pm »
Shouldnt be so much of a problem in November with mosquito's i should think? When I was in Guangzhou last winter i didn't see a single one and that was despite temperatures being in the 30's C some dasy, that said the pollution is so bad there it probably kills a lot of the bugs anyhow.
Come to think of it when we were in Malaysia this summer Ling got lots of bites and i got non, so maybe the Celtic blood is off-putting to the buggers!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

brett

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:22 am »
I don't know if mainland China is different, but October in Hong Kong I barely saw a bug, even when travelling all over the New Territories. Bringing bug repellant was a waste of time. The only place I saw a few flying bugs was on Lantau Island near the big Buddha.

I'm not sure if getting innoculations is worth it either, you could get the dozen or so injections that are recommended, then pick up the one thing you didn't get innoculated for.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2009, 06:30:06 am »
Yep thats what I'm talking about, Malaria, got a good dose of it, and I realize that Rob is going in November but he is going to live there like Willy, now Willy they won't bit, if they do then the little buggers will never be the same, oh wait its only the female mosquitoes that bite, :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:30:43 am by MLM »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2009, 04:46:05 pm »
Quote from: 'MLM' pid='17540' dateline='1253615406'

... now Willy they won't bit, if they do then the little buggers will never be the same, oh wait its only the female mosquitoes that bite, :icon_cheesygrin:

There's me think you were actually talking about the female population.....:huh:

It's Southeast I'm heading for, facing the island of Japan...(I Think:s)

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2009, 06:45:48 pm »
Thanks mate...I did say I think...LOL  I knew it was on the east coast, but thought it was southeast