Author Topic: Changsha again  (Read 15725 times)

Offline Peter

RE: Changsha again
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 05:01:41 am »
I am in the best of hands Arnold.... She is nursing me like a baby.. I will probably get sick much more in the future :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 05:31:13 am »
Haha, the dreaded "man flu", get better soon Peter, even though you are unwell you need to treasure every remaining minute there and try not to think about the flight.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 11:56:15 am »
Peter you could always tell them you have caught the dreaded s---e flu and then you would all be in quarantine for another 7 days ,or maybe , just get better soon .
Ps; you could always request for your nurse to accompany you to your home town .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Peter

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 09:35:52 pm »
Waking up to another hot day in Changsha.. Something that I haven't found in the city is one of those sighs that show what time it is and what the temperature it is.. Funny because in Sweden we see them all over my town. Not in every corner but almost...
Doesn't the Chinese people want to know what time it is or how hot it is. Not that this does things any better because when it is hot it IS hot...
My little cold got better in just one day thanks to the nursing from my wife.. She gave me a lot of different kind of things I don't even what to know about and I got better in just a day. That and her love cured me very fast. In China they seems to rely to traditional medicine even if they have the modern medicine too. Sorry Robert.. I will have to ask them in her Visa application that she needs to come faster just to treat my cold. Do you think they will buy that ???
I am running around trying to buy one of those Chinese traditional hats " Mouser" (or something like that) as a gift to my father. I saw a lot of them in Funghuan and Zhangjiajie but not in Changsha. I asked Tina to try to ask someone in a shop but she say that they will only refer to a relatives shop which of course doesn't have the hat I request and is selling something else instead. Funny because in Sweden you can ask for help and they will help you but I guess this is the Chinese way of things... I will try to find one and have 2 days to search for the hat. If someone who have been in Changsha knows where to buy one I will gladly accept any advise.. I did see one in a shop but it was too small for my father...
My time with Tina is running out now.. I feel more and more depressed about leaving her and Diedie here.... Now we can only do the papers and wait.. I hope it wouldn't be a long wait for us until we will meet again, this time in Sweden. I feel a bit comforted that we are in the final stretch of this Marathon race... and that we hopefully will have a smooth last leg. I do not envious my brothers from US that have to almost fight their way to the finish..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:37:47 pm by Peter »

Arnold

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2009, 10:11:11 pm »
Well Peter , I haven't exactly faught my way to the finish , but if things go wrong at the Interview , I definitely fight to the finsih . Their will be no one keeping us apart past this year . Us German's have way's to make them say " YES " . :@

I don't know , how you can catch a COLD in such HOT weather ??? You have to explain that one ! That Cat - Dog- Mouse leftover makes for a good Remedy for Cold's . Work's fast everytime , but hard to get in Europe .

If you can't find the Hat you want , just fly back through LA , and get one of those Sombrero's for your Dad .

Arnold

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 11:20:49 am »
Hahahahaha ... well at least His Dad , could have a good Laugh with us . Maybe after a few Beer's , they will start to look the same ?

That's soooo funny Mike ... thank you , needed that .

Offline Peter

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 10:15:58 pm »
Even after a lot of beers last night the hats seems to be different so that didn't work Arnold... :icon_cheesygrin:
My relatives made a Farewell-Party for me and we ended up on the Pub-street in Changsha. Don't ask me where but somewhere close to the center.. A small street with bars and Pubs and one or two restaurants with some food. Learned how to play the game with dices that every Chinese play when they are drinking. Everyone in Changsha plays it and I am about to introduce it in Sweden too. Not that Swedes need to have a reason for drinking but the game makes it more fun ( Like drinking is fun the day after ) Anyway, the party was very nice and some friends to my brother-in-law also joined the party so in the end we where 12 people in the bar. I hope I can find the way back to the street in the future..
Today i will continue my search for the Mysterious Hat and spend it with my wife. I will leave all the problems with my suitcase and how in h*ll I am going to take everything I got to Sweden. I only bought a few things like 3 kg of tea but all the things my family gave as gifts..... It is hard to say no to them but I don't want to pay a fortune on the weight off the suitcase. I guess we have to send Tina's things as a package by the Chinese Postal office just like we thought off. Tina told me that 20 kg cost about 1 200 yuan the normal way and by air 1 600 yuan so it is much more cheaper to send clothes and other stuff you will not need immediately.
Just when I am writing this my wife tells me that we are having lunch together with a friend so I guess my searching will have to wait until later. A Chinese lunch is usually more than 2 hours long here in Changsha and a supper more than 3 hours...
Right now as I am writing this our wedding is on TV again.. I think it is the third time on 2 days I see it.... I am still waiting for the CD from the TV company... Right now they are showing the sad part when Tina is at the airport to pick me up but as you all know I didn't make the connection flight... My wife just said that there are many many people watching her and me right now... I can see how tired I was when I arrived at the airport... I hope that there is someway I can put it out on the Internet for all of your brothers...
I also must tell you that I found a very nice beer for you, who like me, likes dark beer. The name is Stoutbeer and you get it in a black can at the food markets in Changsha.I don't know if the name on the brewery is Naale but it is the only other word written in English on the can...
Now it is a shower and a cup of coffee to start my day..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:25:50 pm by Peter »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2009, 07:57:18 am »
Peter can I have your autograph?

Dying to see the ad mate, think it would show the brotherhood the trials and tribulations that the ladies also go through, on waiting for us to get there, and would possibly give us an insight into their way of thinking.:icon_biggrin:

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2009, 12:47:04 pm »
Peter,
I hope you'll find that hat ASAP and so you could be happy to offer it to your father ;)
by the way, even if you could not find one, maybe your wife could bring it to you in Sweden, later? It would not be a bad thing, in fact. Do you know approximatively how many months you would have to wait for her to come and be with you in Sweden?
By the way, could you just tell me how you were recorded on the tv, I mean, was there any special event except your marriage, did someone contact you and so on? Just a bit curious in fact, and I don't remember there is any weblink about it.
Anyway, like some other brothers here, you realized a part of your dream, the best is to come, even if later ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Peter

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2009, 01:31:53 am »
Well Sylvain.. I didn't find the hat so maybe Tina could bring me one later.
The total time to get a Visa to Sweden is according to the Migration Authority 6 months from the day she will give the papers to the Embassy in Beijing. It could be faster too if we are lucky. Before Tina could give the papers to the Embassy I have to registrer our marriage in Sweden and send her a document about this. I was hoping to send it by Fax but now I found out that I have to send it by Post..
There was a crew meeting me at the airport and asking me some questions. Later they had an interview with me and Tina. The woman who was helping us with the wedding ceremony was actually from the TV-station. They also recorded Tina having a webcam with me on QQ. The marriage was an ordinary marriage beside from that.. I got the movie from the TV-station yesterday and I hope to be able to show it to everyone if I just can find out how. It is quite big, 1,5 GB, so I hope I find some site to show it on and give the like to the page. I have to deal with this afte I come home again. If anyone have a suggestion about a site I will be happy to get that information..  
In a couple of hours I will be leaving Changsha again....

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2009, 01:42:04 am »
Thanks for the infos, Peter ;)
About the movie, well, I know you can upload it on some links, and there are many possibilities :
- www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com :
it just asks you to send files up to 700 Mo, but you can not view in real time the movie, you first have to download it

Maybe you could upload the movie on a stream server, but I don't really know how to do this; I also guess you should resize the movie, too, but maybe could it be a good choice?
- Let's Rock -

feisnik

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2009, 09:16:37 am »
Hopefully you can host it at Google Video like I did with my wedding video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4543168625482651306&hl=en

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:24 pm »
Google Video doesn't accept new video's...at least it didn't for me.

David5o

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:02 pm »
mpo4747.

Wow!!, it must have been an X Rated Video!! ...  hahaha!!  

Just kidding ...LOL!!

David....

Vince G

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »
Yeah those close ups of the dumplings can look like other things?