Author Topic: Chinese women and money  (Read 5157 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
Chinese women and money
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:33:25 am »
Hello

I am using China Love to try and meet that special someone.
I have been reading a lot lately about how money is always involved when dealing with Chinese women and family.

I have worked for a Chinese company before in the states and there was always money being given back and forth between friends and family members of the boss of the company.  

I have read somewhere on China Love(the actually site with the ladies profiles) that the family of the lady expects to receive 10% of your income each year.
Crazy.
I am sorry, I have never heard of this with Chinese culture. I know that money is a big part of their culture.
Also I notice that some of the women from Beijing and Goungzou are more likely to be looking for people with "money" than other places.
My friend from Hong Kong told me that many Hong Kong people and Shanghai people are very concerned about money.(to stereo type it.)

So why should I try to meet someone online when there is a big chance of running  into a women who cares about money too much?

I have a good job, I am not rich but I am not poor and hurting. But I do not want to get into a relationship where I have to worry about spending money all of the time on some ones parents and family.

Not to start any trouble but I live and work in Japan right now and my experience with Japanese women is that like any women in the world, there are the money grabber types and big headed ones. But I don't have to deal with the money issue here like it appears that I will have to if I marry a Chinese women.

What is everyone's thoughts about this matter?

Offline China Shark

RE: Chinese women and money
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:45:11 am »
Well, in my case my lady is from Beijing and I'm 99% sure that her family is well to do. Retired govt. people, the way she dresses, spends money and the high end quality of what she wears. She's traveled all over China and is thinking about buying a house in Shenzhen. Kind of freaking me out because I make a good salary yet can't give her the one's she's already accustomed to. Last one I almost married was a money grubber from Guangzhou. Just use your gut instinct and if stinks back off. I know what you mean about Japanese girls I lived there in 93-94.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:11:03 am »
Quote from: 'yoshiii' pid='10413' dateline='1249047205'

I have read somewhere on China Love that the family of the lady expects to receive 10% of your income each year.

Much of the posts over at Chnlove.com is misinformation. It's opinions and assumptions. There isn't a percentage given and it all depends on circumstances. In China, the children care for the parents when they are elderly. If the daughter leaves China most likely there is another child to take care of the parents. Usually a first born male. That's his job. Others may contribute? if they wish to. This is more then just money.

Offline Danny

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:15:42 am »
I think the question really comes down to what the marriage and family means to you and your wife.

If you don't trust your wife with your money, then you have to wonder how you can trust her with anything else.

I've never thought much of prenupital agreements. You set up contracts to protect yourself against unscrupulous people. If you enter into a marriage with the thought that you need to protect yourself in this way, it's a pretty sad way to start off a marriage.

I was married before and money was never a problem for us. Everything I had belonged to my wife as much as it belonged to me. I was always happy to help out her friends and family. We talked things through together and worked out what we were both happy to give.

If I married again, I hope I would act in the same way again. Her family would be mine and my family would be hers. Helping out less fortunate members of the family is both a privilege and responsibility. If my wife wished to send money to her family, and we could afford it, then I think that's just fine.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:49:01 am »
Bravo, Danny. The majority of the ones on here are not looking for riches, just a man to love them.
China Shark Mike

Offline Danny

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:47:43 pm »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='10418' dateline='1249051741'

Bravo, Danny. The majority of the ones on here are not looking for riches, just a man to love them.
China Shark Mike

Thanks Mike.

I really admire a woman who isn't impressed by throwing money about.

I'm organising my hotel at the moment, and I just went for a four star hotel, the Zhuhai Greenery, recommended by Maxx and others. I was a little embarassed going to this one because it's only 250 yuan a night.

I was really touched by her saying that it seemed a little expensive to her. Of course part of it is that she's just being polite. She doesn't want me to feel cheap staying at a basic hotel. But it was really kind of her to say, I thought. That's the amazing thing about these women, the care and consideration you get for your feelings.

If I talked about the price of a hotel room with a woman back home, most of them would be completely indifferent, they would think, so what, it's not my problem, stay where you like.

Taking care of money is the sort of thing that's really good to know about when you're seriously thinking about marrying someone. It's kind of dull - but it's real important you agree about things like that.

It's an easy thing to just blow money away at an expensive hotel, but what does that say about you?

David5o

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:59:27 pm »
Hahahaha!! The day's of the free spending Danny is almost over, just you wait and see .... lol !!

David...

Offline Danny

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 08:04:55 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='10460' dateline='1249077567'

Hahahaha!! The day's of the free spending Danny is almost over, just you wait and see .... lol !!

David...

It will be just be my luck she will be even tighter than me - what's the saying, be careful what you wish for, because you may get it . . . *laughs*

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
Don't forget Danny.  No tips. Not from taxi drivers or waiting staff.   No one expects or will even accept them here and they take great pains to ensure you get every penny back in change.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Danny

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »
That's good to know, Willy. Sometimes you think people tell you not to give tips because they're being polite. So from now on, I'll keep every last cent.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:48 pm »
I know this has happened to at least a few of us.  I left a tip at the restaurant on the table.  i am walking down the street when a man comes rushing up to me and says i left this at the table. I say no it is a tip.  He will not take it.  both of us are embarrassed but if he had kept it he may have been fired. So be careful.
Also I took a lot of finger nail polish and lipstick with me for tips for the maids in the hotel. I gave them some each day.  They really loved it.  it only costs a few bucks here and it bought a lot of good will.  anytime i asked for anything, it came almost immediately.  The girls would show me the next day that they were wearing it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:47:14 pm »
Bet the customs guy's were not game to ask you why you had so much nail polish and lipstick ,:blush::blush:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Peter

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 11:31:53 pm »
I am absolute confident about having my wife handling our money. She knows the best way. Chinese woman are so much more carefully about the money. I also know that if I ask for something I also will get it because she loves me. Not that I need something special but we need to buy some things when she and her daughter come to Sweden. When I ask her about our financial status for the moment the only answer I get is that I should not be worried...
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline China Shark

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 12:44:01 am »
Everytime I get a haircut I tip them. I'm sorry but if I'm getting a complete upper body massage, my ears cleaned and the whole nine yards for 20 rmbs {$3.00} they surely deserve something extra. It's crazy on what Chinese people think is to much to pay for something. Bought socks for 7 rmbs and was told they were expensive $1.00. Best most comfortable socks I ever wore.
China Shark Mike

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 08:43:47 am »
My wife has control of our money and I would like to say that now we actually have money in the savings account, she has never said no to something I told her I wanted but, she seems to be able to get it at a cheaper price then I can, some times I get things I need but didn't ask for, she just knows these things.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS