Author Topic: To Martin and all the Mods.  (Read 4126 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
Re: To Martin and all the Mods.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 07:49:09 pm »
I feel a bit compelled to add a bit more to this current topic, and this is my opinion only, and it is open to challenge.........like it should be in any frank and open exchange of views here . :-\ :-\

When we are debating what should be the content of any thread that seeks to be a "vent pipe" for various stresses and strains we feel, perhaps we should take a little pause and think carefully about what this whole Forum is all about.

Why are we here, what purpose does it all serve ???

I believe there are 3 fundamental drivers for this Forum...Number 1 is the collective knowlege from many, many Bros who have already, or are in the process of finalising their engagement/marriage/relationship with a Chinese Woman. What they have learned along the way...by REAL experience, not theory, should be worth gold for any others contemplating doing the same.

Driver number 2 is our ability to be of some rational service for those who seek information about the whole process and wonder what is involved in the "journey" to find a Chinese wife....I refer to the newbies who are looking for good, interesting and relevant information as a guide to where to begin and what are the traps and tricks.

Driver number 3 is the pure fellowship of being in touch with a bunch of guys who are doing something difficult, exciting and life changing and the knowlege that you are not alone in this some times horrendous process.

The face we present as a credible information source is important......for somebody coming here, it should be a pleasant and rewarding experience....give them some confidence that we do know what we are doing !!!!

To see any part of the Forum descend to people bashing, or personality assassination gives a seriouly flawed picture to any body visiting, and we may not be seen as rational !!!

Like most people here, I have visited many such sites in the past...where it is a long procession of profanities and mud slinging about personalities.......and it aint pretty or informative.

I dont want to be a part of something like that, and I am sure that most of you would agree with me ???

If we have the confidence to know that we can openly challenge any ISSUES posed here that are incorrect/dangerous or misleading, then we should have the right to do so. If we believe, based on our own experience , that someone is on the wrong track, is giving misleading advice, then again we must be free to challenge. This way, the right knowlege gets out there and no feathers get ruffled because it is NOT personal.

If we set ourselves the objective of being the best provider of accurate help, information and guidance...we cant go far wrong !!!!....not necessary to descend to mediocrity.

David

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »
In reply to DavidE, I agree with your three drivers of this site and feel that it always needs to be supportive of guys like myself who are first timers and need the support of you guys. I have found it a tad more challenging than I would have liked it to be. But so long as is doesn't get personal, as that is so boring, I think guys should be able to have a whinge about how they feel they are being treated by bureaucracy, but we also need to look at what we are attracting into our life as maybe it is reflecting something about ourselves. Sorry to get a bit philosophical, but it might be worth a look. I have no idea what I will be up against if I attempt to bring a lady back to Australia, so please look past my naivety. I appreciate this site and the effort you guys put in to set it up.
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 12:16:10 am »
Peter

When the time arrives that you have met your dream Lady  ;D ;D and you decide to bring her to Aus, I and a number of Aussies here can give you mountains of information about the process you will have to follow to get her a fiance or spouse visa.

It is a long winded, complex and paper driven process that will drive you bats....but you gotta do it, and do it right. If you exactly follow the due process, it will happen.

The process is centred around proving that your relationship is genuine....So early in the piece, make sure you have many photos, receipts and general supporting stuff to prove this.....make sure her friends and family figure in your official record of the relationship.

Aus Immigration like to see that you have made at least 2 trips to see her...and in fact, you cannot put in any application unless you have visited her personally (you would be amazed at how many guys try to apply for fiance visa after a few emails etc....very dangerous !!!!

At the time of application, they get a bit more human about relaxing the rules for a Tourist Visa for a single woman...normally she would have no chance, but after the application goes in, she can come here as a Tourist for a look-see. But she cannot receive her visa whilst in Aus as a Tourist...she must go home to China to get it.

All applications for fiance/wife visa are made through the Shanghai Embassy.

That should be enough to give you the general idea of things.....now go and find your Princess  ;D ;D ;D

DavidE

Offline maxx

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 12:22:30 am »
Ok guys.There seems to be a little interest in this.So what we will do for know.Is open up the voting poll.If it passes I will submit the information to the administrator.he has the finale say.

In my own personell opinion.I think it would be ok.As long as it is locked.(That means only registered users could see it.And post on it)Second no personell attackers on another member.No attacks on any contries what so ever.If you want to whine about about your country's immigration process.You are more then welcome to.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 10:48:48 am »
I am still waiting for the polls to close.  It is close right now, so I think we should leave it for another day or two.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 01:29:34 pm »
I'd say , let's have a Place where all can let loose ( to vent or somethings that annoys someone about another Member or whatever ) .

BUT ... this Thread will have Post's cleared/deleted once a week of all them , once someone got rid of some steam and he's been reply'd to .. then there is no more need for it . Out it goes and make room for the next and so on and on .
Let me know how this sounds and if it is a good idea ?
It would defiantly need regular pruning.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Chong

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 03:21:55 pm »
Keep the thread to members only, no viewing for guests.

Offline shaun

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 06:05:27 pm »
What is the difference between No and it does not belong here on the poll?  Isn't it essentially the same thing?

Offline maxx

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 06:51:11 pm »
Yes Shaun it means the same thing. good observation.If you vote no.We still count it as it doesn't belong here

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »
Martin

I guess I say give it a go...but I am not really committed to it...but I think you should not hesitate to pull the plug on it if and when it gets "iffy"

Cheers

David

Offline shaun

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:03 pm »
 :o Gee now everyone know who the one person is that voted no.  :P