General Discussion and Useful Links > Useful Links And Articles

Important message for all current and future members

<< < (3/17) > >>

Vince G:
No actually all online computers have a IP. There's a lot number assigned to your service provider and one of those numbers becomes yours. Just like a phone number. Even if you go to a WiFi (Starbucks etc) your number comes up so this is who they charge for the air use. The ones sitting outside libraries have IP numbers too. It's just stolen so not traceable to them. But if it was banned they have to steal another. Moving or using a different service changes the IP. Bouncing is another but your paying several services for this in several countries, a scammers favorite.

Jimmy:
Sorry I been gone for a while......  What happened?? Someone PM me I would be interested to know.

Martin:
Guys.  I don't know what to write here, but I am getting complaints about people abusing the User Reputation Rating.  Sometimes you are going to get a negative reputation.  Deal with it.  Turning around and returning a negative rep to the person who gave you a negative reputation is childish, and unacceptable.  I am not going to name anyone's name here.  If you can't handle the getting something negative, leave the forum.  Things do tend to get rough around here at times.  People here tell it like it is.  If a bad reputation point is going to put you over the edge, then you are in the wrong place.

I have fixed the reputation points that I was told about.  In the future, any counter negative points that are uncalled for, will result in a warning being issued.

Sylvain D:
oh, do we have any "child", trying to be nice, just to get a nice pic as reward? too bad...

RegnisTheGreat:
Vince G: actually you're IP is not unique in most cases. See NAT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version