Author Topic: Teaching in China  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
RE: Teaching in China
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 02:06:40 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Well today I did my telephone interview with the school in Wuhu Anhui province and apparently the school was very satisfied.  It was a short interview only about 5 or 6 minutes long.  The recruiting company sent me the contract so now I have to sign it and send it back to them and the job is mine.

Relating to Shauns question about getting a TESL, there is a school in Harbin China called Will-Excel Tesol Institute that takes foreigners and gives them a months teacher training, paid of course, then they send you out to your choice from a list of schools for 500 hours of teaching so basically six months and upon completion you get your TESOL certificate.  The schools apparently pay the usual rates with apartment etc.  If I did not get the job in Wuhu I was going to apply there so I could get the certificate and the Z visa too.  I think its a vald option for guys without a BA or tesl or teaching experience.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Paul Todd

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 02:11:34 am »
HI Shaun,

If your interested in doing an online Tesl course, this is an accredited company that ticks all the box's. I'm doing the diploma course, cost me 325 pounds. It is excepted by the Chinese and the certificate you get is the same as the one you would get if you attended the class in person. I know the detractors will say ,well you don't have any actual teaching experience in the class room, true, but it opens all the doors and you can do it anywhere in the world. Then it's up to you to make a go of it! I have taught English in Cambodia a while back so I've got a bit of classroom experience. Oh, and they do guaranteed job placement in China too! www.teachenglish.co.uk/index.htm  Have fun :icon_cheesygrin: Great news Brian! Anhui province  is where Huangshan is, beautiful mountains there!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:21:48 am by Paul Todd »

shaun

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:12 am »
RobertB and Paul,

Thanks for the info.  Classroom teaching will not be an issue for me.  I am a natural born teacher.  The two major companies I worked for most of my life I always wound up being the instructor for new employees.

The certification for me is the issue and I would rather have that in hand and a job lined up before I go.  I am still not completely sure if this is what I want to do but I am leaning very hard this direction.

Shaun

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 10:57:18 am »
Well guys MORE good news...

Today I also received a contract from the College that I I have been talking too...

However, there are just 2 points on it that I need to discuss, but should be fine for me taking the position..

It is in Rizhao, which is only 2 hours from Qingdao... It seems a nice place so here's hoping they add what i'm asking for.  Because I would like it sorted before I go..

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:29 pm »
Best of luck to all the future teachers we have on the site here.
Seems like we will have a brotherhood network in China pretty soon!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 05:04:21 pm »
Yes, Congrats to all of you.  Now is the time to do it. I am not asking for your exact pay, but what is the pay scale?
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 05:47:32 pm »
Mine is 5000 per month mate with all benefits.

However, have to speak to them about food and work Visa.  Sent off email to them this morning should hear tomorrow.  I did say that with these things included, I would be willing to take offer up...

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »
Good on you Scottish , as Ronan said we will be full steam ahead into China , a little powerhouse , will not be to long before we are 20 strong living and working in China , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 07:56:14 pm »
Greetings Brothers,

Well this just in.... I have accepted the positioin in Wuhu and they want me there Nov 11th so now its time for Zhen to give up her job here in Handan and for us to make arrangements to move to Wuhu Anhui.

AS for the salary etc well it starts at 6000rmb with an additional 500 after two months probation, plus apartment, bonuses etc so quite a decent position.  I am looking forward to it and getting started with my new life with Zhen and actually working here in China.  We should be able to survive quite well on the salry so I wont have to use the savings I had set aside to live on until  had a job.  This gives us the flexibility to do other things like vacations or trips back to Handan to visit friends and family etc so Zhen is quite happy.

So for all you guys like me who dont have a BA or proper teaching experience it is possible to get work here in China, it just takes a bit of time and the help of a decent recruiting company.  It was through the recruiting company that I got this position so they are most definitely usefull.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

shaun

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:37 pm »
Best wishes and Congratz for both Rob and Brian.

Guess I had better make a decision before all of the good jobs are gone.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:23:28 pm by shaun »