Author Topic: Price for a Translator on trip  (Read 3073 times)

Offline seagull

Price for a Translator on trip
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:26 pm »
Hi guys,

I was wondering how much those who made the trip to China paid for their translator to accompany them?

My translator has said 600 RMB per day or 200 RMB per hour. This sounds very steep! Or is this a standard price?

Thanks.

Offline maxx

RE: Price for a Translator on trip
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:40 pm »
Seagull that is way to much money.I payed 300.00 RMB a day plus travel meals and intertainment.I wouldn't think the price had gone up that much since I used a translater.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:38:48 am »
I was quoted 800 RMB per day in an EMF.  I paid that for 4 days.  When Nina learned I was paying that much she came unglued.  I paid 400 the next 3 days and was told 100 of it was a tip.  Nina had paid a good sum to the agency and was very upset with them over that.  To this day she gets very angry when she talks about Mini, our translator.  If you have any direct contact with your lady, discuss the price with her.  In the end though, I would have gladly paid double for the chance to connect with my her.  It was worth every penny.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 02:44:45 am »
Seagull , at that price you are being ripped off 300-400 yuan is the going rate plus all food and outgoings , if you purchase a Besta electronic translator you should be able to interact with your lady directly after 1 or max 2 days , and let's face it the 2 of you not having to go through a 3 rd person makes it all very simple that way at least you always know exactly what is being said and your lady can hear the words in English plus 5 days pays for the machine and it does not work an 8 hour or less day , Check out Ebay under travel section , I bought a as new Besta 637 from Queersland for $ 220 just before my trip last month and it was well used and I left it with my fiancee on my return , any queries just yell , I assume you will going in via Honkers
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:30:33 pm »
Before I discussed the price of the translater with my lady.I think I would have direct contact.If you don't have direct contact.I would talk to the translater.And tell the translater what you learned here.And that you will not be taken for a ride.I would do it more gently then this.But I would do it before I go to China.

I think if push comes to shove the translater will back off of that ridiculos price.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:24:26 am »
In Zhuhai translators charge 200 rmb every two hours or part.  In Zhongshan it is 600 for a day.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:28:35 am »
Thats strange Willy I was paying 300 a day in Zhuhai.I can't beleave the price would go up that much.

David5o

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:11:19 am »
Willy,

That's way too much to be paying mate, If that's what these local agencies are asking, find an independent translation company or make a deal with independent  translator, ....You getting stung big time there Willy!!
As Maxx said, 300 is average, and a maximum of 400 is all you should ever pay for a day. ....plus all the overheads of course!!

David....

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 07:15:02 pm »
I remember a while back on the Chnlove forum.Somebody went to China.And hired a English student from one of the universities.They payed the student like 200 a day.And coverd the expensis to.The guy posting said it worked real good.

So I'm thinking that mite be worth looking into.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:28 pm »
Good point Maxx..I remember that one too

Offline Andy

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 01:36:03 am »
I asked our translator. She wants 400 a day. It's on the high side I guess, but I will only use her for one day anyway.

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 03:48:47 am »
Hello Seagull

The price of companion interpretor is usually about 300--500 day/8 hours , it has a little difference in different cities , and there are different kinds of interpretors ,such as Conference Interpreter, Simultaneous Interpretation,  business negotiates and so on. These professional interpretor has a higher price ,   do you know the price of your country ? Anyway , I think the interpretor you want to find is the companion interpretor , 600 is a little higher than the normal price according to the price of Wuhan . Take care and good Luck !:heart:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 11:15:23 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='15986' dateline='1252468360'

Seagull that is way to much money.I payed 300.00 RMB a day plus travel meals and intertainment.I wouldn't think the price had gone up that much since I used a translater.

Hand in Hand P368 standard rate 200 rmb per every two hours
Three translators i met all charge this rate.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:14:04 pm »
Willy,

Change your interpreter then...  that's far too much cash to pay ...Really mate !!! There not difficult to find!!

David.....

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 12:22:59 pm »
With Willy paying that much , along with the agency name , what was in who's hand , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info