Author Topic: Mike and Jessica  (Read 35355 times)

Offline mustfocus

RE: Mike and Jessica
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2009, 09:58:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='20872' dateline='1256348701'

Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='20863' dateline='1256339838'

You'll have to tell me which restaurant as there are so many.

"The Chinese Dumplings Restaurant" at the NW corner of Finch & Midland. Please join us, the more the merrier.

I live at Warden & Hwy 7.

Personally, I would stay away from the Pacific Mall area. Especially now that they're planning ANOTHER huge mall to rival Pacific Mall and the OTHER one across the street. Car traffic on a weekend is horrendous. However, if you live & walk close to the mall, then it's fine ... but then you have to deal with the human traffic. Hah, it sounds like China.

Scott ... When you had your trip thread, many guys gave you lots of "pats on the back" & "well wishes". I'm sure that you appreciated it. This is, after all, a support group ... in good times and in bad times. To bring a negative posting into Mike's current thread ( and he's your best man possibly in the future ) ain't cool.

Hey Chong,

Finch and Midland...cool.  I'll have to check it out.  It's the one at the corner right?  Not the one just north of that...

As for Pacific Mall, from what I saw on the model, they're tearing down the Market Village portion and replacing it with Remington Centre...  That parking lot scares me though.  They need to re-time the traffic there, otherwise it's going to be a mess there.

BTW, Splendid China Tower (the mall across the street) is supposed to have additional levels added to it...at least that's what the original plans were.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:15:40 am by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Chong

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2009, 10:11:31 am »
Quote from: 'sameldrum1' pid='20877' dateline='1256358467'

My post was a call to get back to reality, and not live in the clouds with starry eyes and fairy tale endings...a "support" group is above all supposed to share honestly and not just give pats on the back...we'll see who gave the best advice when it's all said and done...I'm very comfortable living with that.
Scott

It's not a "contest" to see who gives the best advice. You're not the only one who tells it like it is.

You wrote on post # 272 on Mike's first trip thread to me ... "I think you need to cool it with the tone of your postings" ... I think you need to follow your own advice.

Offline Chong

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2009, 10:28:47 am »
Quote from: 'sameldrum1' pid='20904' dateline='1256393838'

Some of you guys are really way too high-strung and take things so badly.  I give my opinion just like the rest, but that seems to really irk a few of you...

As I recall in Mike's first trip thread, I and Maxx gave our opinions ... and it really irked you. Scott, we had this discussion earlier. Read from post # 272 onwards. Read your own words. So what is it ??? ... You can give negative replies to our postings but we can't to yours ???

Offline Chong

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2009, 11:33:31 am »
Arrogant ... Who are you to say ? Read your own words ( post # 292 ) from Mike's first trip thread. Who are you to sound off on a veteran guy like Maxx ...  After your recent trip, you have been posting nothing but negativity.

You wrote ... "There's a big difference in our writings, can't you tell? I'm being general, not pointing out someone specific" ... I don't think so !!! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry Mike for hijacking this thread. This will be my last post here.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »
Mike thanks alot for the pictures of sunshine you have posted. To bad for the storm clouds of previous postings on this thread. I hope fortune smiles on you - after all - you have a great sunny dispostion. Good luck in Canuck land :icon_cheesygrin: Did you pack your Mukluks?

Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='20932' dateline='1256414057'

Mike,

We are both wrong and two wrongs don't make it right! So lets get right and make it wrong! hahaha...I dunno what I'm saying...:icon_cheesygrin:
I hope what ever happens to you, will be right! I know you are in the right direction! :fi_lone_ranger:

Jim

actually it takes 3 wrongs to make a right. If you were to turn right but turned left instead, well two more left turns gets you facing in the right direction
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:36:39 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2009, 07:41:04 am »
I truly hope for the best Mike.

feisnik

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2009, 07:48:06 am »
Prayers for you both, Mike!

Offline kenny

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2009, 08:43:00 am »
Mike,
So sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you both.

David5o

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2009, 10:16:58 am »
Mike

Truly hope everything goes well for Jessica, My thoughts are with you both!!!

David....

shaun

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2009, 10:31:15 am »
Mike,

You know I will pray for the both of you.  Keep the strength up Mike.

Shaun

Arnold

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2009, 11:06:44 am »
Mike , you know my Heart goes out to Jessica and so will my Prayer's for Her . Not being able to be with Her hurt's of course , but you know all our Prayer's will reach Her and the Lord will take care of the rest . Like Shaun say's , stay strong for the both of you .

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2009, 03:08:02 pm »
Mike my best wishes and thought are with you both. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »
Mike, I will pray and have many thoughts for both of you. I can guess Jessica is "counting" on you, and you know you will be strong for both of you. You also know the brotherhood is always here in any case.
- Let's Rock -

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »
Mike, I am so sorry to hear of the news.  I will look at the positive side and let you know ovarian cysts are not normally cancer.  While we all think of the worst, we hope for the best, and pray for strength.  Will do all this with you.  buzz

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2009, 06:27:06 pm »
Mike

It is very likely that they will operate as a keyhole surgery through her navel (at least, that is what they would do in the West)...so no scars.

Ovarian Cysts are not uncommon, and in some ways it is good that they found them now and can deal with it and prevent more serious issues later.

Every best wish to you both...be confident all will be well.

David