Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 52289 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »
Xpresspost through Canada Post.  The package has already made it to Peterborough.  I am tracking it online.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:12:32 pm by Martin »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2010, 10:31:22 pm »
That was fast... and considering it's Canada Post on a Friday...  So as they saying goes...

And so it begins...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

rcsingle1

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2010, 11:10:01 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='37063' dateline='1271454058'

I mailed my immigration package to CIC-M.  Total cost was $18.18, for a package weighing 2.808 kg or 6.19 Pounds.  Dimensions of the package were 48 cm X 36 cm X 11

Congratulations Martin!!
Seeing as you have all the information needed, and that you and your wife have been in constant contact throughout this whole process, your wishes, and that of your lovely bride, will come true very soon.

:icon_cheesygrin:  
Best wishes for you both.
Rob

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »
I found a link giving a good print out of possible questions asked at an interview. http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/documents/immi/interview_S_F_class.pdf

Also a person having his wife getting an interview from New delhi:

Topic: interview issues
    Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 4:04pm
hey, i went to my wife's immigration interview on april 12 in new delhi. the lady who gave the interview said the visa will be denied. anyone going to new delhi for an interview please understand that the sponsor going to the interview plays no part at all in helping or hurting your case. my wife was taken in for her interview and asked questions for two hours. in that time lots of people were in and out, usually within twenty five minutes (there were maybe 8 interview rooms). i asked about four people, who had their sponsor with them, how the interview went and they didn't get the visa (add my wife to make five). two others were approved. one person without the sponsor present got approved and two without sponsor were denied (3/9 people asked were approved april 12 2010 new delhi between 8:45am and 10:45am). after my wife was interviewed i was interviewed for about half an hour. then we were both interviewed together for like forty five minutes. also understand the people giving the interview look at you as basically guilty until you prove your innocence. i will give the examples of the denial which were told to us:
1. our marriage was not traditional, as it was out of love not arranged 2. my wife does not wear make up or jewelry 3. i am younger than my brother and he isn't married 4. we had no engagement party (my wife, her friend, my brother and i went to the taj mahal and a few temples for celebration) 5. our marriage ceremony was too small, we must be hiding something (my mom and grandfather came, most of my family had work and business to run, most of my wife's family were against our relationship) 6. if we weren't hiding something we would have waited until my family had vacation time (not sure why the lady was set on us hiding something but  i barley managed to get my mom to come and i booked time off months early, is it more important that my other family members are at my wedding or me?) 7. i can't speak punjabi (i can, this lady had the weirdest accent) 8. age (i was 22 and my wife was 18 at the time of our mariage). hearing these made me angry and i started arguing with the lady conducting the interview. suggestion to everyone else don't lose your temper no matter what.

one very important thing i would like everyone to remember at any canadian government building, the charter of rights makes it mandatory that if you want to speak in english or french, you can not be denied the opportunity to speak in english or french. this was a big problem when i was interviewed. the lady asked if i speak in punjabi and i said i speak fine punjabi but i want to speak in english. she said no we will speak in punjabi. the lady had an unusual accent which was hard to understand (accents vary by region like english in canada, southern usa, or england). this made my replies to her questions make me sound really dumb. i am certain it compromised the outcome.
only after speaking to my consultant and lawyer after the interview did i realize my rights were stripped.
for my case i have had my lawyer contact the high commission in new delhi to see why this happened and what they will do about it. i also contacted my mp to let him know of the violation and he is looking into the matter while the immigration minister jason kenney hasn't replied to me. the lady who gave the interview was not an officer she was just someone in place to ask questions and advise the officer what course should be taken. i checked the cic website and it says decision made, so things don't look good. we are waiting for the letter or a response from new delhi.

this may not be the case for others, but know your rights, the person conducting the interview may be intimidating and they will push buttons, but there are limits to what they can say and do so you need to be informed before going in. if you want to know whats asked in the interview, it depends on how detailed your case is and where your interview is taking place. more information will mean more questions.

the website jessie gill put up http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html is probably a good page to practice with you spouse. these are general questions and there will be some specific to your case not on this list (i practiced with my wife and she said a lot of these were asked but most are things that should be known anyway).
i hope everyone elses cases go well.
good luck and thanks for reading.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2010, 11:20:05 pm »
hey Martin - this link shows good results for Beijing processing of visa applications.

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1564&PN=5&title=beijing-china-timelines
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2010, 09:28:47 pm »
Here's a question for you guys...I was looking around in the immigration forums and they list a CIC Scarborough... if there is such a place, why did Martin send to CIC Mississauga?  Or does Scarborough handle a different region or is slower?

Just trying to figure this out.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21:33 pm »
Um...don't know about CIC Scarborough...but the application guide I have is pretty specific.  I was to mail it to CPC-M (Case Processing Centre-Mississauga).  Maybe Scarborough is where they get other applications for other types of Visa's?  Just a guess.

ttwjr32

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2010, 10:34:12 pm »
i dont know a lot about Canadian laws for immigration but i was wondering if he
 can start the process as an American and bring her to Canada were he is living?
 do they allow that??  i was just wondering if this is allowed there as i am sure he is
 not the only one in this situation.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2010, 10:49:03 pm »
Yes, Mike's in a unique position.  I'm sure there will be other complicated cases as well...for example, if Dave's (Bee) trip had been successful, she's a chinese citizen working in Singapore... who does Dave send the application to?
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:03 pm »
yes i was wondering because he is an american so the papers need to go there and originate there
but after all said and done, does she go to the USA first then to Canada? seems like it might throw
a wrench in the process

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2010, 08:52:35 pm »
And is Mike applying to be a PR in Canada?  Questions abound... I'm not sure how this would work.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2010, 08:06:50 pm »
well it will be a lot of good info for others when you return and post
the findings. might even apply for me as i live in china and would one
day like to go back to the USA

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2010, 10:49:41 am »
Still waiting for CPC-M to approve me.  I have been following 2 different forums, and from what I see there, I should be getting a letter from them any day now.

Offline Hecker

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:20 pm »
Heckerd here. Lost my password and the password on my email so this is a back up account. How long since you submitted your application Martin.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2010, 09:05:36 pm »
CPC-M picked it up from Canada Post on April 19.