Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 52295 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2010, 05:20:36 am »
Zhifang had her medical done today in Guangzhou. The doctor said she is healthy.so I get to keep her.

She just needs to sign her forms and mail me everything so that I can ship the completed package to CIC Mississauga.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2010, 07:41:55 pm »
Apparently bringing a red envelope stuffed full of cash is not a requirement to getting your medical done.  Zhifang was quite happy about this.

Offline Chong

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 08:51:30 pm »
At hospitals in Kaiping, a patient always gives red envelopes to surgeons/doctors ... to entice them to do a 'good' operation ... meaning ... "take care of me instead of treating me like every other patient ... be delicate in your surgical procedure, don't be rough ... etc etc".

Common amount is 200 RMB. Another RE if the doctor's children are in school. i.e. here's some money to help pay for your kid's tuition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a weird business practice ... David50, you'll laugh at this or maybe not because you're aware of the practice ... In Kaiping's real estate construction industry, the hired builder is required to put the total amount of money UPFRONT then they have to wait  one to two years to be paid for the job from the client. In most cases, because of shortgage of cash from the client, the builder has to sell the property to recoup his outlay or accept other possessions like cars, jewellry, apartments etc etc as payment. But it's the risk they take because profit margins in construction is huge.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:52:26 pm by Chong »

Vince G

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »
Not to far fetched. Here (and most of the US) before they start building condo's or even shopping centers, 20% of the units have to be sold before a bank will give a loan for building it? Down here there were three cousins that made it there business (amongst others) of buying units before the building was up. Once it was complete they got 3 fold the money back on the sale. Well they had some kind of falling out? It even made the papers. All the condo's that were slated to be built (including here where I live) came to a halt. Directly followed by the economy crash.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2010, 10:45:50 pm »
This is the latest update from the Hong Kong Immigration blog site I follow:

Just got word from my MP after a request for case information: Hong Kong told them not to even start asking until after 14 months (they seem to think this is some sort of minimum now). 9 months and counting on one of the easiest cases they'll have to process ... good job Hong Kong!

He is just another irate Canadian. While I am now at 8.5 months and waiting so I guess I rate the processes as irate as well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:49:28 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2010, 11:04:51 pm »
WOW Rhonald.  That sucks big time!  Chong is just getting his app to go to HK soon as well.  I can't believe how slow the process is out of there.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 11:48:39 pm »
http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=265&PN=3&title=hong-kong is the new site
it migrated from the old one. Not too many people transferred over so this site does not get updated very often.

Chong asked for the link and Hong Kong recieved our documents June 18th. I was approved in 6 weeks time then from there it took a month for Hong Kong to recieve our documents forwarded by CIC.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:50:36 pm by Rhonald »

ttwjr32

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2010, 06:19:22 am »
holy cow Rhonald its worse than the states

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »
To my knowledge, none of us have gone through this process yet...but maybe someone has heard...is it recommended that the women have a translator present with them during the interview?

Zhifang's English is good...sort of.  I can understand her, but I doubt many others will understand her.  I just know how she pieces the language together.  In an interview, if it is to be in English, might prove to be difficult for the person giving it, and not being able to understand what she is saying.  Or does CIC allow for the interview to be in Chinese?

On another note, do we know of anyone that has not had to go through an interview?  Does this happen often?  Rhonald, you might be the one to answer this, because I know you follow other forums pretty closely.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2010, 08:55:57 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='34665' dateline='1268761067'

To my knowledge, none of us have gone through this process yet...but maybe someone has heard...is it recommended that the women have a translator present with them during the interview?

Zhifang's English is good...sort of.  I can understand her, but I doubt many others will understand her.  I just know how she pieces the language together.  In an interview, if it is to be in English, might prove to be difficult for the person giving it, and not being able to understand what she is saying.  Or does CIC allow for the interview to be in Chinese?

On another note, do we know of anyone that has not had to go through an interview?  Does this happen often?  Rhonald, you might be the one to answer this, because I know you follow other forums pretty closely.

From the one old form I read - they recomended that if asked, she should say she wishes to do it in English. If she is asked if she will work once arrived to Canada, the best answer is to say "NO' that she will live with her husband and take care of him.

Most couples do not require an interview. Usually one is requested if they have some doubts. Did not one former member from this site say that his wife had an interview and he was waiting by the phone here for Beijing to call in case they would ask him so questions? It could have been the blog site I followed - but I am sure he posted here about it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:24 pm »
I can't remember Rhonald.  Thanks for the info.  Not to upset you in anyway, but my wife was chatting with another woman on QQ.  Her husband is a retired Mountie.  Apparently, her case was processed in Beijing in 2 months.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:41 pm »
I don't remember seeing a reference to that.

That second question though kind of disturbs me...  I want her to live with me (duh!) but these days it is impossible to have a single income family...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:39 pm »
MF...its just a question in the interview.  Once she has her PR card, she can get a job if she so desires.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:37 pm »
There was a Heckerd that posted here saying his process was fast. I think he lives in Vancover. As to the not working tip - it usually get more mention from the USA blog sites so that they do not think the woman is just trying to get a greencard.

Remember that once she is granted her visa and she arrives then she can get a Social Insurance number and be aligible to work. The No answer is just for the interview.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:13:54 pm by Rhonald »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »
Martin:

True, however it sounds like a question from out of the 50's or 60's... that's the offensive part.  I want my family (wife and myself) to be successful...business-wise and family-wise.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen