Author Topic: A new life  (Read 41111 times)

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
RE: A new life
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2009, 06:49:45 am »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='23570' dateline='1258798260'

Rob,
Surprise .... sometimes life takes you down an unexpected path .... I would say relax, and just flow along with things ... so enjoy the journey...
thanks for the update .... it is hard for me to think of Qingdao as cold, when I was there I baked in the sun everyday, and was sweating like a pig!!!!  LOL

Mike O.

Greetings Brothers,

Rob, What Mike says.  Just let things develop at their own speed.  You dont have to rush but at the same time dont try to hold things back either.  Things should only progress as fast as you are both comfortable with so unless one of you does something stupid to upset the other and you keep in mind the cultural and language barriers  then I say go with the flow.  If things start to go to fast then just tell her a bit about that other lady whatshername? (Keren)and suggest you go a little slower.  I am assuming from what you have written that Anne is leading this particular dance at this time so go with what she is comfortable and try not to get into your own head or confuse something she says.  If at all unclear try to clarify it first especially if its something very important.

Anyway glad you are having a great time and it seems you are on the right track.

Good luck Bro and have fun,

Zhen and Brian

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2009, 06:58:24 am »
Really happy for you rob like mike says mate take it as it comes,some times us guys think to hard then stuff it up may the force be with you rob lol.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2009, 10:18:13 am »
The seasons turn turns..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHstR6ndus Welcome to your time Rob. Enjoy :blush:

Oops...Sorry Rob,,,just realised the Great Chines Firewall will block the site for you. It is a video of the Byrds playing Turn turn turn on the Ed Sullivan show.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:26:34 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:56 am »
You know Rob, she is a boss at work and used to making decisions probably quick ones.  Plus probably helped raise her little sister so this may just be her way of doing things.  Take it as it comes, when it comes right down to it, you are the one to pop the question, so dont until you are ready.  In the end if she loves you she will wait.  The problem is WE are the ones usually taking it too fast.   Plus there are a heck of a lot of beautiful women there.  You have only been there a short time.  It would be tragic if you shut yourself off from other women so quickly only to find out that she is not the right one.  Decisions of the heart, so very hard at times.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline maxx

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2009, 10:50:36 am »
Don't over think this Rob.Just go with the flow see where it goes.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 11:47:11 am »
Tonight as you know I was contemplating things before aI was to meet her again...  I had thought that MAYBE things were going a bit fast.  I'm not used to that in a woman, her taking the lead sort of thing.  So I hadn't read any replies that were posted.  My decision was to take it slower, as I believe that the excitement of being here has carried me away.  Although it was like falling in love at first sight, i wasn't quite sure.  We have only known each other for two days.

So my decision is set in stone...WELL I thought it was:-/

As you know she was coming to get me at 7.30 tonight.  At 7.25 my room phone rng and the lady on the other end said 'Please, you have someone to see you, you come down?"  So I answered "Xei xei, I will be right there...".  It took me about 7 minutes before I left the room after getting all my stuff together.  Once I got down the stairs I looked straight ahead.  She was standing there looking in the mirror, she noticed me and waved towards the mirror, and I saw how happy she looked, which made me smile.

I noticed that she had changed too.  Tonight she had on a Brown kneelength coat, which was open.  Through the opening I saw a Sky blue dress, with white flowers on it  (as I was to find out later there were only a few of these on it...  Not to many (thank God).  She looked really nice...

I walked across to her, and we both faced each other to kiss,...But bumped our heads which made us laugh at the same time:icon_cheesygrin:  we tried again and this time connected, although this time she looked to see if anyone was watching (I noticed).  Just as we got outside the hotel door she grabbed my hand and slid it into hers.  Well I know this sounds stupid guys:huh:  But being smaller than the lady, when this happens it makes you feel like you are being TAKEN somewhere, well that's the way I feel.  But this once... I braved it:icon_biggrin:

I asked her if she had plans on where we could go, or if she just wanted a walk?  She said I need to go to my shop, 'oh that's good I thought"  So we waited and flagged a taxi down.  Mike will probably bear this out there are loads of them roaming the streets.  well once we got in she mentioned to the driver that we were going to Zhongshan Road, I understood this name for some reason, well not the road bit but the Zhongshan, even though she said it in Mandarin.  As we sat back she seemed to sit closer to me, and slipped her arm through mine, which made me feel better.  Once ther I paid for it it cost an amazing 19 rmb.  Last of the big spenders 1.90p.  we got out and I followed her into this shop.  it wasn't that big, but big enough to make money on..  She walked to the counter and the ssistant walked right by her and came to me, and said "Ni hao".  Being polite I answered and nodded my head.  Anne shouted at her and told her who I was, the poor girl nearly burst into tears and apologised profusely, i accepted gracefully of course.  Anne took great delight in showing me her empire and asked "You like", so I nodded and said 'Shi" at that her smile became wider.  I looked about the place while she had to do whatever it was. we were only there for about 15 minutes, so it could not have been that important.

I think the little Pinyin I know has helped her warm to me because I am making an effort , even though it is very basic!!!  We left ther and walked slowly towards town again, God these woman walk everywhere.  I will lose about 6 inches in height if I do much more walking.  We got to Wuehai road and I said 'Shall we go for dinner?" need to learn that in Pinyin I think!!!  We passed a few restaurants and I noticed this one was quite busy, so I pulled her towds the door and we walked in.  The reason I choose this one was simple, if it's a busy place then the food should be good (right guys or is that me thinking with my Western head on?).  We were shown to a table and Anne took her coat off.  This was the first time I had seen the full dress.  As she turned from where she put her coat, I got the full effect of her beauty and figure:heart:.

What was it I said about being set in stone???

I waited til she sat down and I followed suit, (No david not SUIT... suit hehe).  we spoke for a while (It's like non stop between us, we talk about everything and anything:icon_confused:, but I suppose this is the best way to get to know each other.  There was one question on her mind tonight and it got raised a couple of times, because the first time it was asked I sort of body swerved it.  Why did I choose China?  Well  what could I say!!!

I didn't want her feeling sorry for me, and I didn't want to focus on my height.  So I told her a little white lie, maybe not a lie but a distortion of the truth.  I told her about Keren (big mistake I thought) and told her I had been writing to her for a few months, and it just was not to be.  She accepted this without question (which sort of surprised me).  I also told her about my plans towards teaching.  We spoke about this the other day, but I was able to go more in depth about it.  So she was left happy with my answers, although I don't feel comfortable about NOT telling the whole truth to her.

While we had been in discussion she had ordered the food and drinks (soft drink for her and a Tsindao Beer for me).  Seems like you were right Jim hehe.  Well the time seemed to pass really quickly, but before we left I asked if she was tired as it looked like it.  She said to me that she was, but did not want me to think it was because of me.  It was the first time I had not seen her smile, I told her I understood and that she should go home early tonight and try and get a rest.  now I know Maxx is right on this i shouldn't overthink this, and I won't.  With all the walking we seem to do and her getting up early with her son she must get tired sometimes.

So She paid the bill !!! and we went outside and flagged a taxi down.  we both got in it and SHE gave the driver the address, she knew it off by heart???  As we sat back in the seat she put her head on my shoulder, which made me feel so special. :angel: This was not the act of a women who ws thinking about my past relationships:heart:.  On pulling up outside the hotel we got out of the taxi and she paid for it.  I wondered what was going on, she told me "I want to spend another ten minutes with you, before I go home...". :blush: Well guys as you can see, I have a major dilemma on my hands !!!  Do I take it that she wants to go up to my room?  What did I decide?

Tomorrow you will find out.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:13:20 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 11:57:26 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='23607' dateline='1258822031'

There was one question on her mind tonight and it got raised a couple of times

Man this statement is begging for a response..but I will let it slide.

Great update Rob. Keep us posted....with pictures please...ahem of her of course not the "it".
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:05:16 pm by Rhonald »

Offline maxx

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2009, 12:49:41 pm »
A women scorned is a women lost.It is a no win situation.If she wants to stay 10 minutes let her stay as long as she wants.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2009, 05:10:33 pm »
Rob
how could you leave it there you bugger grrrrrrrr lol.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Vince G

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2009, 05:20:58 pm »
All I can say is....

A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...
Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.

ttwjr32

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2009, 06:48:20 pm »
vince,
good one never heard that one before (your thought for the day)
but we must all confess-- very true

rob

now we are all waiting for the rest of the story
that was bad to stop it there??

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2009, 08:25:21 pm »
I know, but to be honest Ted I couldn't resist.  I remember someone else doing it and feeling the same as you probably felt but when I thought about it, I reaslised it was funny:icon_cheesygrin:

Ok so back to the story...

I said "oh ok, took her hand 'gently' and walked her through the door!".  On the way upstairs I could feel myself shaking inside, like a kid that has found some sweets that he has not supposed to have.:huh:  Anne she was humming some sort of Chinese melody to herself and holding on to my hand tighter, as we reached the door.

We went inside and took off our jackets, I asked if she wanted something to drink, I was dying for a coffee, but she said "Bu"  So I put some music on and sat next to her.  We moved closer together and you could 'feel' the tention between us.  You know the one guy's, where all you want to do is rip the clothes right off each other and get down and dirty.  Well I wasn't going to be like that,:blush: I wanted it to be romantic, I wanted it to be nice for both of us, not, a wham bam thank you mam, something to remember.  So much for 10 minutes...We kissed and cuddled for about an hour, and then she lay in my arms with her head on my shoulder, holding me tight, tighter than I have EVER been held before:blush:.  We lay there again just holding one another and rubbing each others shoulders and arms etc and (hehe dare I say it Rhonald) things delevoped.  She got up and excused herself for the toilet (Western by the way) and I went over and changed the CD.

She came up behind me and threw her arms around me, as I turned we started kissing again.  Only this time I started to unzip her dress 'slowly' and she started to undo my shirt buttons...:blush::heart:   This Morning at 5.30 I walked her down for a taxi, we hugged and kissed again and then it was over she was gone...:angel:To be met later.  One of the things that sticks in my mind is what she told me, "You are strong", I NOW know what this means:blush:

Guys I know this sounds like a soap opera in my posts, and may too some seem Unreal.  But it is all true, I kid you not.  That is exactly the way I feel unreal...  Was my decision to come here after whostheone? ...right......YES it was VERY much so.  Will I remember last night for ever.  In a word...your damb RIGHT.  If something was to happen and i never see Anne again.  She will always be in my heart

This adventure for me has been full of firsts...First real plane journey, first new Country, first real Asian lady, first new language.   What got me to this pleasurable state I'm in.  A little machine called a TRANSLATOR.  You can have all the money in the world (I don't, as Willie will tell you he knows my inside story) and have the most drop dead gorgeous female on your arms and not get happiness.  It was a chance meeting because of my search for athe translator, and I am the happiest (almost, sorry arnold, man on God's green earth).:angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Did I tell you that it was AWESOME...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:55:33 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2009, 08:26:39 pm »
Just remember Scotty , different country ,different customs , she is moving as she feels comfortable , to be invited home to meet her son , is an honour and speak to Anne and see if on the way you can get a small gift for him , just a thought , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:15 pm »
Well Rob.  What more can I say.  Have I not been telling you for weeks just what to expect!  

Now its time to get down to some hard work if you want to stay there.   If you cannot find a school to teach at then go for private lessons.  If you can stop and talk and seduce a beautiful lady who you met on the street then you can use that same Celtic charm and talk some other young ladies in to taking your private English (with a slight Glaswegian accent) lessons.

You have the gift of the gab so you can do it.  Its either that or pedally one of those rickshaws around the city.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2009, 09:38:37 pm »
Rob you have developed the talent of the Dramatic. I applaud your endeavor. Sometimes a mountain needs to be climbed to have a peak to the other side. But boy..... whaaat a view :icon_biggrin:

You spin a good yarn and I await the news of more successes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:47:16 pm by Rhonald »