Author Topic: Shenzhen Express ... the final act  (Read 26951 times)

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
RE: Shenzhen Express ... the final act
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2010, 04:32:48 pm »
Jeff, no problem hehe, I like Sheratons, always a good choice, I loved the one in Bali on Jimbaran beach actually. And I thought Nanshan got boring after a while ... but I probably didn't see all of it, I was close to Kingbay Banner plaza or something like that. I think I saw the Four Points too, just the black one seemed funky so I remember it well. I'll try a Shangri La next time the finances are right, I read some nice reviews about them and their room design seems really attractive.

Ted, not sure I'll have a tax bill in 2010, I certainly don't for 2009 :s I'm in the middle of closing accounting and it looks like the first year will be tax free, but that was the plan so it's ok :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:34:33 pm by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

rockycoon

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2010, 09:40:55 pm »
Frank, just send them a bottle of "Thunderbird" or "Ripple" and they won't know the difference after a few drinks.....haha:icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2010, 10:17:33 am »
ripple was a good one in the old school days when we were poor
about 2 bucks a gallon   hahaha the old days carefree and stupid

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:55 am »
Well I don't knowThunderbird or Ripple, but it sounds like a headache ...

I booted 2 of my 3 Chnlove contacts last night, communication was just not good enough, too slow so probably no motivation. I did send a cupid note right after that, she's in GZ, let's see if she'll hide from me ...

My last contact (the 23 year old) is acting warm, but doesn't want me to make a detour to see her, sounds fishy to me. Hmmm blocklist?

Frank
Go deep or don't go

Offline jeffm

« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='29366' dateline='1264520155'

Well I don't knowThunderbird or Ripple, but it sounds like a headache ...

I booted 2 of my 3 Chnlove contacts last night, communication was just not good enough, too slow so probably no motivation. I did send a cupid note right after that, she's in GZ, let's see if she'll hide from me ...

My last contact (the 23 year old) is acting warm, but doesn't want me to make a detour to see her, sounds fishy to me. Hmmm blocklist?

Frank

What agency was that?  I am getting similar stuff from the GBZ agency in guangzhou
Watch what people do not what they say

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »
You can still buy Thunderbird...? Ha! That brings back memories of being 14, sitting in the park with my mates again.....! :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:59:38 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline maxx

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »
come on you guys.I can't beleave you drank that stuff.We drank the real stuff night train Texas driver.TJ Swan.Wash it all down with a case of Bud.Be sick and hung over.Till you started drinking it again.

shaun

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »
Maxx,

In Texas?  It was Strawberry Hill or MD 20/20 and Lone Star; long necks.

Offline maxx

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04:33 pm »
Shaun I forgot the MD we use to drink that two.

Chet Sams

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2010, 09:28:56 pm »
What people forget what moon shine was.

Offline maxx

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30:23 am »
Chet I have seen Moonshine smelled moonshine cooking.Even stood around the still while they were making it.But never worked up the nerve to try it.There was way to many stories going around with the people I hung out with.At the time About bad moonshine.How it would make you blind.Kill you.Or just make you crazy.

Vince G

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2010, 01:38:40 am »
I've had Moonshine, one gulp. It seemed like Vodka, boy my eyes watered in a flood.

David5o

« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:54 pm »
I think there's different names for this stuff all over the world, in Ireland i think it's called something like ''Putin'' in Saudi ''Sid'' then all the other names you lot in the States give it, among others i'm sure....

It's all basically 100% proof alcohol, made from distilled sugar. Just the making of the stuff can be dangerous, (and Stinky!!) when those stills blow.... they really blow!! Your right Maxx, the stuff is only safe within a very tight specific gravity, go either side of it and the consequences can be dire!! They used to put the stuff through the Still 2,3,4 times, to get it as pure as possible... and for as much of the batch that can be used. The left overs would then be added to a new batch at a later date....

The stuff is basically tasteless, but can be made into tasting like Bourbon, Gin, Cherry Brandy, Cointreau, Tia Maria, etc,etc....or just add a coke or 7up as a mixer.
How do i know all this, ...Well during my time in Saudi, i was given the task of making these different varieties, because everyone knew that i wasn't a drinker. So i was ''Trusted ...lol!!and given the raw Sid and expected to create these delicacies, ...hahaha!!. I was shown ''how'' by the way, and it's very simple when you know how!! I always cut it by 50% in the process  ...By the way, we were based in a safe and protected compound, or i wouldn't have entertained having anything to do with it, ....just too dammed dangerous in Saudi.....lol!!

David.....

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:08 pm »
Yeah, the Irish drink is called poteen and is a homemade vodka made from potatoes, pretty lethal....:icon_cheesygrin: A good one was one i had in Thailand is called Lao kao, lots of areas in rural Thailand have these home distilleries (illegal) One of my Thai friends dads makes the stuff, we went to her home in the countryside where we started to have a few drinks of the stuff, to be honest after two shots of it you pretty hammered, but in a strange, weired energetic way. We then bought some of the brew off him to take back to our flat. It was sold in plastic sealed bags, worked out about £1 (gbp) for 2 litres...! There was 6 of us, including my neighbour n his two dogs on 3 mopeds driving back at about 10pm, wobbling down the country roads in the pitch black night, how we made it home alive i'll never know.....:icon_cheesygrin: But if any of you guys make it out there n like a drink, give it a go (the homemade stuff) Its like rocket fuel....In fact if we had run out of petrol, i'm sure we could have filled the tanks up with this Thai drink.....

Andy...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:35:37 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »
Every Christmas its traditional in my home to pour Poitín over the Christmas pudding and set fire to it. it really goes up. Its really really strong stuff for sure :D
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.