Author Topic: South China Trip  (Read 18019 times)

Offline jeffm

RE: South China Trip
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03:17 pm »
Frank - You can't have her.  She's all mine. HAHA

I have a confession to make in regards to my last post.  

I went down to Shekou tonight to stop by a bar where I used to live.  A guy from Chicago owns it and it's called Cheers lol.  Popular expat area in the Rose Garden Apartments.  I wanted to go see a couple of friends there including the waitresses and eat western food for the first time since I've been here.  Really super sweet girls.  Fun to talk and laugh with.  Well my idea of nipping it in the bud actually worked against me.  Since I didn't show interest she was on the pursuit.  What's the saying from that author about relationships?  One of his quotes is the person who shows the least interest in the relationship holds the power.  His research had to do with American society, and not necessarily of China.  She text me and asked what I was doing, and I simply text back and said "In Shekou".  She asked if I was coming back, and when she heard I was then she asks me can I see you tonight and will you come to the bar.  She's at the bar with her sister watching the live band (which is good by the way) at my hotel.  What am I gonna do, lie? So I gave in again and met her there and we closed the bar.  I just got back.  This is the kind of stuff I'm trying to avoid. But she is a 12 the other little voice in my ear kept telling me.  By the way her sister is 32 and very sweet and has got game too with her looks.  Sorry if I'm acting a little silly here.  Jiao Jiao and I have been drinking this French wine for three nights straight now. I am not a drinker anymore, so it's taking its toll on me.  We are planning to spend the day together tomorrow.  My god someone save me. This was not in my plans.  I need to shake this off and get my bearings again.  Back to the bar in Shekou.  I was sitting next to a guy from New Jersey.  I was explaining the text messages I was getting from Jiao Jiao.  He laughs and says (his girl who was sitting right next to him) they have been living together for two years he is 47 and she is 25.  I just had to laugh.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:07:38 pm by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

rockycoon

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:11 pm »
Brett, If you have found a fridge repairman, a plumber and a internet repairman, you are very lucky.  Now if she does electrical, and repairs cars and comes with a tool belt....marry her now!....:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:  plucking chickens is a plus...ha

Jeff, yes Chen is an angel :angel:

If I ever get to china, I am sure if I meet Chen, she will keep me out of trouble.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:07:29 pm by rockycoon »

Offline Cam

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »
Quote from: 'jeffm' pid='29636' dateline='1264705397'

I am not a drinker anymore, so it's taking its toll on me.  We are planning to spend the day together tomorrow.  My god someone save me.

HaHa.....................You mean I wasn't a drinker!!

One of the guys I work with is in his mid 40's and has had a stunning 19yo g/f for the past year.............they were made round to go around so go for it.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2010, 11:37:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='29702' dateline='1264736509'

Quote from: 'jeffm' pid='29636' dateline='1264705397'

I am not a drinker anymore, so it's taking its toll on me.  We are planning to spend the day together tomorrow.  My god someone save me.

HaHa.....................You mean I wasn't a drinker!!

One of the guys I work with is in his mid 40's and has had a stunning 19yo g/f for the past year.............they were made round to go around so go for it.

hmm. You sold me really hard on that.  Okay you convinced me.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2010, 04:16:27 am »
Haha, don't get caught by the police ... or should I say have fun :angel:
Go deep or don't go

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2010, 08:08:25 am »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='29742' dateline='1264756587'

Haha, don't get caught by the police ... or should I say have fun :angel:

Haha,Frank, You are houmous also.
Jeff,I forgot to tell you,Some of the girls working there would like to ask the customer for tel and would like to "help" you no matter they know you bring your girlfriend there everytime,How brave ! And if you go to "xx bar" in Shekou,the hunter there are more younger...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:28:28 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2010, 01:21:27 pm »
Yan, I'm not as proficient as Willy though.

Jeff, Yan is right, I was going to say, 2 sisters, 23 and 32 (hmmm 9 years apart, single child policy in China, well not entirely impossible, do they look alike at least?) unaccompanied in a big Western Hotel, that might not be a coincidence.

Use the hotel safe to be sure!
Go deep or don't go

Offline jeffm

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2010, 07:33:53 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='29761' dateline='1264789287'

Yan, I'm not as proficient as Willy though.

Jeff, Yan is right, I was going to say, 2 sisters, 23 and 32 (hmmm 9 years apart, single child policy in China, well not entirely impossible, do they look alike at least?) unaccompanied in a big Western Hotel, that might not be a coincidence.

Use the hotel safe to be sure!

They both have different Fathers.  No not much resemblance if at all.  I'm well aware of the game that can be played.  I never said my girl was marrying material haha.  I already saw the red flags, and proceeded accordingly.  I play the game right back. I got game too haha.  Anyway I already nipped it in the bud last night.  I wouldn't get serious with a 22 year old anyway.  The maturity difference is too great.  One thing I do know is they are not one night-type prostitutes.  For example my girl goes for the bigger ticket of travel or wanting to take English classes.  She might be a 12, but I'm not going to pay the big ticket haha.  Last night we had dinner and we went to see Avatar (again for me), and parted ways.  That was my big ticket.  

Now I was naive last summer with my ex.  I went into this China thing that way.  I proceeded to get burned by a Chinese princess (as DavidSo refers to them).  I had red flags and didn't act on them.  It won't happen again here.  Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, or Watch what people do not what they say.  I just hope I'm able to see the real thing when it is in front of me.  Been burned twice in two years one american and one chinese.  I said to myself three years ago that it is time to take some chances with love.  The upside is obvious, but the downside is it can tear you up inside.  It took me several months to truly get over my last one.

But Yan yes I hear you, and thank you for watching out for me.  I do appreciate your concern/insight.  You are a good friend, and in the future maybe I can ask your advice if your willing. I don't proclaim to know it all.  I found that out last summer haha.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:49:10 pm by jeffm »

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2010, 06:29:17 am »
SOunds like you have your eyes open, exellent news. Avatar? I'm going tomorrow, haven't seen the 3D yet :p
Go deep or don't go

Offline jeffm

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2010, 08:16:24 am »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='29828' dateline='1264850957'

SOunds like you have your eyes open, exellent news. Avatar? I'm going tomorrow, haven't seen the 3D yet :p

3D is a must.

My eyes are wide open for sure.  Oh I could just be a player here, and it is tempting.  There is a lot of beauty here, but when I fall I lose interest in that beauty except my girl.  But until then I am still single, and quite frankly I'm tired of trying.  I'm just going with instinct and where the light on the path takes me.  Funny though the path that was lit the last time lead me to a stunning 12 LOL.

I know one thing.  I 'm  not settling for someone just to be with someone.  It needs to feel right...and look right lol.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2010, 12:14:54 am »
Update since Jan. 28.  

I leave for Nanning today to visit the two agencies there, Wendy, and perhaps Qiao who is moving back to Nanning from Germany.  Both women are from CLL.  Wendy is a nice girl, but without the English and only by besta 7000 it is proceeding at a snails pace.  In my defense she lead me to believe that she knew some English, but that is not the case at all.  Qiao at least can text with me on MSN, so I know at least she can write, but I am assuming she can speak it too.  I'm fairly certain she can.  If I am still there I will see her, but she arrives on the 4th and needs to get settled in to live, so it might not happen on this trip.  I can't get a straight answer from her, but I think she is moving back from a failed relationship.  I don't think it was a divorce, but you know sometimes you can't get straight answers from Chinese all the time.  I kind of wish I didn't commit to going to Nanning, because I  think between the three agencies here, and just living here I  think I could have success, but I promised the two agencies I would visit them, and there is a business idea I want to talk to the owner of Yibang.  We've emailed each other several times, so I have a little communication going with her, so for business purposes that is a reason to go.  I will still honestly look at their databases and see what comes from it.  By the way he Oyuan agency (608) is picking up the pace  as far as service goes.  The trans. sent me a profile yesterday and appears ready to help.  That is a positive change from before.  

In my last update I also talked of going to Beihai to visit my friend, but over the past couple of days it has taken a strange twist.  She is acting like she likes me now, but she is only a friend to me.  Anyway at the beginning she told me I was too old and she didn't want to date a man over 41 or or 42, so I changed my mindset and we became friends.  She really helped me understand what went wrong in my last relationship and understanding what makes Chinese women tick.  She also has talked to my daughter on MSN.  They grew to like each other, and my daughter wanted me to like Yeyan, but I kept reminding her that she is only a friend.  I would talk to Yeyan in the morning U.S. time, and then my daughter wanted to talk to her, so they would  end up talking for long periods of time.  It ended up being a girls club with those two.  I didn't mind it.  It was cute listening to those two and plus my daughter was learning Chinese.  She's pretty good for a 7 year old.  When I think about it maybe that is where  I went wrong.  Those two became close and now Yeyan likes me and doesn't want me to go to Nanning.  She is a nice good looking 24 year old girl that can speak and write English, but I just don't see her in that way.  So on qq yesterday she got mad and told me we won't talk anymore if I go to Nanning, and to take her off my contact list.  Now I know  Yeyan well enough she doesn't mean that, as she has pulled this little temper tantrum before when she doesn't get her way.  I actually was attempting to fix her up with someone last month.  She is ready to settle down and marry.  She would give 110% to who she is married to.    

I made my reservations in Nanning until the 4th, but it is a  fluid situation.  Like always if I feel that chemistry then that date changes.  I will fly back to the U.S. on the 14th, and return at the end of Feb., or the first week of March.  At least I know I have to live in Shenzhen for business purposes, and at this point leaning heavily on the Futian district. It lies between Louhu and Nanshan, so it is a good place geographically. If I don't find a place for an office then the second choice would be Louhu.  Plus there is more happening here than in Shekou.  Shekou for me is too far outside the city center.  Maybe a lot of ex pats, but I'm not here to live close to ex pats.  

That all I can think of now.  Sorry for not a lot of substance, as it relates to this site.  

If anyone knows the address of 606 - Xin Yuan Xin Yan in Shenzhen let me know.  I got the addresses for the other two agencies here from a thread in the "ask an experienced member" section.  Thanks

bye for now
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='29610' dateline='1264670971'
not sure what you do in regards to education but have you tried to tap
the guangzhou area   it is pretty huge for the education market well i guess
maybe a little more so than some areas   just a thought

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.  I saw your post, but forgot to respond.  A senior moment? haha

Oh yes Guangzhou is on my radar for sure.  Not only ESL but other programs I'm developing that have a huge demand.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:34:25 pm by jeffm »

ttwjr32

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2010, 04:36:26 am »
Jeffm-,

living in guangzhou i have seen a huge market for ESL which if done properly
would be very lucrative here for someone. i have attended many of the schools
here to observe and my first impressions from the visits are not very good. i
think that the market is wide open for someone to expand and develop. would
like to speak with you on one of your visits here or when you relocate about
this market.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2010, 09:00:21 am »
Okay 32 that sounds good.

I'd like to talk to you about the possibilities.  You are plugged in there, so you have a feel for what is going on.  

Yes I've seen the same thing on the first impression when walking into a school whether it be for Chinese or ESL.  I will say that Wall Street does it right and the plan is to deliver it much the same as they do.  Very professional but relaxed at the same time.  Not too cold an atmousphere.

ttwjr32

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:14 am »
looking forward to it when you can manage to arrive here.
pm  me and i will give you my cell phone.  tues,wed,sat,sun
i am booked solid with sat,sun all family time only so i hope
we can arrange a time

Offline jeffm

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 10:16:45 am »
Update in Nanning.

Okay I might be off the market.  I met someone tonight through the 608 agency, and my translator Castle might have pulled through.  I went into their office today.  Castle wasn't there, but she was on her way.  Another girl and I sat in the membership office with a second girl.  She pulled up the girl's profile.  Castle already sent a profile and her Chnlove pictures the day before, so they knew I wanted to see natural pictures.  This girl was telling me that Joanna (my girl) was prettier than her pictures.  I'm thinking to myself yeah right.  They already look good by professional photography.  So she showed me natural pics, and she passed the look test on photo.  I thought okay that issue seems to be taken care of.  She then took me over to the translator office, where they all sit and do their dirty deeds to us guys lol.  Bunch of nice young people in their early to mid twenties.  All women except for two guys all in the same age bracket.  All had smiles and were really nice.  Two of the girls were pretty nice looking maybe three, but who's counting lol. I would guess there were a dozen of them.  They have more, but work different shifts.  They are open 7 days a week.  Their office is on the 18th floor, and it isn't the greatest working office.  The translator cubicles are tiny as h*** that would challenge the comfort of a chinese body.  Really small.  The two offices in general were not the cleanest, but I'm sure the lease was a good price.  I found out from Castle that Yibang Rose 512 just moved into the same building, so if anyone is going to visit both agencies it will be a piece of cake.  Outside of visiting Yibang for business purposes I might be off the market if this works out between Joanna and myself.  That includes the Shenzhen agencies I planned on visiting when I return there.  I told you my situation was fluid, and timetables could change.  This might do it.  It is early, but I am hopeful.  I'll steal a line from Cam in another thread that Joanna is perfection on legs.  Castle and I met her at a restaurant to have dinner.  She was sitting on a terrace, and while we walked toward her I could see from 50 yards away she was nice looking.  We get to the table she stands up to greet us, and I'm thinking "oh yeah".  She's 32 and looks 22.  Now we sit down and the first 15 to 20 minutes I was stammering and nervous.  I'm thinking to myself get a hold of yourself man lol.  The 12 I met in Shenzhen didn't do this to me.  For me that is a good sign. Hell it was work again to use chopsticks.  That's what this girl was doing to me lol.   She has the intelligence to go with the appearance.  She teaches business courses in a vocational school in the morning, and in the afternoon goes to her clothing store/shop and runs her business with the help of her mother.  The girl has a business mind, and I love that.  The downside is she doesn't speak English, or so I thought.  Later during the dinner Castle had to do to the bathroom.  Joanna starts to speak a little English to my surprise.  She knows more than what I thought she did.  Could be a confidence issue, or didn't want step on Castle's toes.  I  don't know.  I remember her profile on Chnlove some months ago, and I kept her in my favorites for a long time, but never wrote.  She didn't hesitate to put me on the spot and point that out to me.  I had to think quick for a reply lol.  In truth I have at least 50 women saved in my favorites lol, so I just didn't get to her. I didn't tell her that LOL.  In a way though I'm glad I didn't, because it didn't cost me a penny to meet her.  Boom go directly there  and meet.  That is the conclusion I  came to in regards to writing letters and getting bled to death financially.  

She wanted to know if I wanted to meet again tomorrow, and the reply was obvious to me. Oh by the way I was settled down and relaxed again.  I was back in control lol.  Got my game face back on.  We're going somewhere.  Where I don't know yet.  I didn't care.  Then after some time passes we talked about renting a car and driving over to Beihai (about a 2 hour drive) the day after tomorrow.  I was actually the one that wanted to check out real estate there.  So the next two days are planned.  By then I should have a pretty good idea if this is it for me.  We have common interests, and she does have a business mind although she did say that she is not interested in being successful just a good wife. Kind of a contradictory statement, but she might not want to give the impression that money was a driving force in her thinking.  She is ready to find someone it appears.  I had to ask the question why no guy has taken her.  She said she doesn't get that many letters from Chnlove.  This is the only area where my past experience kicks in and I'm thinking please the agency would have to be making money on her.  I can't be nieve, so I hope it's not a play on me.  I will sniff it out if it is.  But so far it's looking good.

It has been nice to be here with no rain.  The temperature has been 75F.  Now that I can venture out without an umbrella like last week I have to say that there are a ton of beautiful women in Nanning.  I went to the mall, which is very close to the office, and my jaw was dropping the whole time, and the thing of it is they love western men.  Jeez.

Oh when I checked in last night a young guy at the front desk was cool.  Spoke English well, as we talked for awhile he wanted to take me to a couple of bars.  I asked if one of them is Soho, and his reply was yes and the one next to it called the bird's nest.  Reading this Cam?  I laughed and said I heard about the Soho, and he said yeah many nice girls there I can introduce you to lol.  At the time I said I'm in deal the cards.  Now I'm not sure if I will make it, but it sure sounds tempting lol.  I have to keep reminding myself I'm not here to play.  Anyway I wouldn't envision meeting my future wife  in a bar. I can tell you that if the place is anything what I saw at the mall or on the streets then it's got to be a good place.  Everyone I've been in contact with are friendly in this city.  Is it that they think all westerners are rich and want a piece, or are they just this way?  Something to ponder.