Author Topic: What things are bargains in China?  (Read 13646 times)

ttwjr32

RE: What things are bargains in China?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:52 pm »
i dont think faxes work on these types of documents

David5o

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »
Oiler1

If you have ''substantial assets'' you can afford to send your expensive lawyer to China to to put his signature on that bit of paper. Just don't have any kids, after your married, because that very expensive bit of paper will be worth a bit fat zero, Zilch, Nothing!! What those have stated here is correct, the Children will override any prenup!!

Trust has to be the second, if not the most important thing in ANY marriage, how the hell can you say you trust your future wife, but then turn round and say .....''but only if you sign this prenup''
I know what i'd say, if a i was put in the same position, ....i'd tell them exactly where to go, and where to stick there bit of paper too....lol!!

David.....

ttwjr32

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »
thats a good point must be from getting burned so you think onesided

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:22 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='30102' dateline='1265153239'

Oiler1

If you have ''substantial assets'' you can afford to send your expensive lawyer to China to to put his signature on that bit of paper. Just don't have any kids, after your married, because that very expensive bit of paper will be worth a bit fat zero, Zilch, Nothing!! What those have stated here is correct, the Children will override any prenup!!

Trust has to be the second, if not the most important thing in ANY marriage, how the hell can you say you trust your future wife, but then turn round and say .....''but only if you sign this prenup''
I know what i'd say, if a i was put in the same position, ....i'd tell them exactly where to go, and where to stick there bit of paper too....lol!!

David.....

It's good you don't represent every woman. There are some that understand the situation and are willing to sign a pre-nup. I don't have substantial assets, but have enough to be devastated if I am divorced. Do what you like, but I can have insurance and also peace of mind and love in a marriage too. Over time the lady will know that in spite of a pre-nup.

ttwjr32

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 02:36:55 am »
Oiler1,

i was just curious what part of the world are you from? most of the prenups could be
torn apart in the usa with a divorce especially one that lasted 24 yrs. i do know this as
a fact because of experience. so i guess its nice to have your peace of mind but in reality
the interpretation in court is totally different with many years involved as they factor all
kinds of things into the equation

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 03:23:23 am »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='29523' dateline='1264610808'

Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='29267' dateline='1264429512'

Prenup or not it all depends on how long your married and the assets. Anything you had before marriage she can't touch in a divorce. If your married a year, she's still not getting anything. It's after an amount of time (over 10 years) that she becomes entitled to a share in your pockets. As David said having kids is a whole other situation and a prenup even 10 prenup's doesn't make a difference. Based according to the US laws.

Wish it was that easy in Australia, all you have to do is live together for more than 6 months and she is entitled to 50% of everything you have, one of the reasons I've lived alone or only had only boarders for the last 19yrs...........She has her place & I have mine, that way they can stay as long as they want but are entitled to nothing, I've finished a few relationships when they have started dropping hints about moving in, once bitten twice shy and if I do end up marrying again everything will go into a family trust under my kids names before the ring is even purchased.

In Canada, the woman has dower rights as long as she lives in your house one night!

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 04:41:59 am »
Haha, now how did bargains turn into prenups??? :icon_cheesygrin:

Back on topic - anything MADE IN CHINA you should be able to find cheaper there. Stuff imported will usually be more expensive, eg. branded PCs, like HP, Compaq (verified that, cheaper in Singapore actually than in China).

How come nobody mentioned the OBVIOUS? FOOOOOOOOOD !!!
One of the best bargains ever, in price & quality & variety.

Short times --- (every hotel seems to have em, AND they always seem to call you in the room 15 minutes after you get back, haha, usually in guise of massages)

PIRATED DVDs !!! nuff said - the selection is amazing ! I found stuff even original shops won't have, like compilations, like unabridged editions.

TAXI fares --- some cities you negotiate the rate, often as low as 5RMB for a 10 minute ride,

LEATHER goods (well some places anyway).

SILK & freshwater pearls (okay the latter may be poorer quality)
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 06:58:35 am »
What about arty stuff?  for example vases, ornamnets, pictures etc.

The reason I ask is because I am starting up a market stall and looking for some 'Exports'.  As I intend aiming for the Asian 'Market' in the UK.

So anyone in China and able to 'send' stuff to me, please get in touch.:icon_biggrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »
let me know what our looking for rob as gz is loaded with bulk buying places

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:14 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30849' dateline='1265650446'

let me know what our looking for rob as gz is loaded with bulk buying places

Ted
Ok mate will do. as soon as i can look out for the items I want.
TY

ttwjr32

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 01:34:56 pm »
yw rob

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 03:49:58 pm »
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='30808' dateline='1265622119'

Haha, now how did bargains turn into prenups??? :icon_cheesygrin:

Back on topic - anything MADE IN CHINA you should be able to find cheaper there. Stuff imported will usually be more expensive, eg. branded PCs, like HP, Compaq (verified that, cheaper in Singapore actually than in China).

How come nobody mentioned the OBVIOUS? FOOOOOOOOOD !!!
One of the best bargains ever, in price & quality & variety.

Short times --- (every hotel seems to have em, AND they always seem to call you in the room 15 minutes after you get back, haha, usually in guise of massages)

PIRATED DVDs !!! nuff said - the selection is amazing ! I found stuff even original shops won't have, like compilations, like unabridged editions.

TAXI fares --- some cities you negotiate the rate, often as low as 5RMB for a 10 minute ride,

LEATHER goods (well some places anyway).

SILK & freshwater pearls (okay the latter may be poorer quality)

I find a lot of food snacks are good to bring home. I have no idea what is in them though.

I can get a congee bowl for about 4 rmb.

Pirated DVD's you take your chances at customs. Sometimes the quality is not that good.

ttwjr32

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:59 pm »
how do u negotiate taxi fairs??? i never heard that??

Offline maxx

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 01:17:35 am »
Yes what Ted said I'm curios to.Iv'e negotiated taxi fares in Bangkok. and Hong Kong.But never in mainland China with a regesterd taxi.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 05:09:13 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30950' dateline='1265689739'

how do u negotiate taxi fairs??? i never heard that??

Examples :

1) in Jinghong the capital of southern Yunnan, most taxis optionally run without turning on the meter, perhaps hoping to bilk the passenger, but since I know the rules, we negotiate beforehand, from A to B, how much? Usually 5-15 RMB for short trips. Heck, there was only ONE traffic light in the whole city when I was last there...

2) in Tianjin there is a flag-down fare, 8 RMB I think, (used to be 5 RMB) which allows you to travel for some 5-10 minutes before the meter starts moving. There are many ways to get to a specific place, and there some roads become 1-way after office hours, so I just offer a fixed fare, and they either take the short way risking jams, or long way but I cap my risk. Many drivers accept the offer rather than wait for another passenger, but it depends on the driver & how likely he is to get another fare. It helps that I have a chinese face & speak chinese.

Perhaps larger cities play by the rules, but remember, the rules sometimes change depending where you are. IF you need a taxi for maybe half a day or to go X different places, very often it is cheaper to hire a driver for maybe 50-100 RMB depending how far the distances. Of course I am too smart to pay all of it upfront. Then again, a few times I have also gotten free rides. But those were special circumstances.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:15:02 am by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin: