Author Topic: super bowl  (Read 3593 times)

ttwjr32

super bowl
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »
ok here is a question for the members here. i would like to know if anyone knows of a place on the web were you could watch the super bowl here in China. i know it is broadcast live all over the world but i cant seem to find any info on this and i guess not being to computer savy that doesnt help :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: super bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30351' dateline='1265335895'

ok here is a question for the members here. i would like to know if anyone knows of a place on the web were you could watch the super bowl here in China. i know it is broadcast live all over the world but i cant seem to find any info on this and i guess not being to computer savy that doesnt help :icon_cheesygrin:

The only one I know is the soup par bowl my wife serves to me!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Serriously though Ted
I have tried picking up live TV on internet but the bandwidth in China seems to be to small to accomodate it.  Of course to get British programmes I have to go through a proxy server to get through to them.   I download them and watch them later - watching live may not be an opition without a satelite dish.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »
I tried checking into it but all I see is Streaming on the PC at a low cost? Here's 2 names they gave.

EPL

Live Sports on PC ($)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »
Check out CCTV5 Ted.  Get Siying to see if it is in their programme to show.    They seem to show a lot of sport on that Channel.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David S

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:12:26 am »
Well kickoff is at 6:25PM Sunday, since that comes 11 hours earlier in China why don't one of the brothers post the results here and that way we still have a few hours to go to our bookies and place a few bets, being that 6:25 sunday comes a few hours after it does in China.  We could make some kind of agreement that we'd split the proceeds. :fi_lone_ranger:

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:24:35 am »
but we watch it live at the same time you do but it will be our monday moring.
but it is a good idea :icon_cheesygrin:

thanks willy and vince i will try it and see what happens.

willy now i see why the weight gain (super par bowl) :icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:41 pm »
Ted,

There is a website here that a lot of Brits use to watch the English Premier league soccer from the uk!!  I know it has American Football, hockey, basketball, and Boxing on the menu, Plus a variety of US TV Shows.

Anyway, the site is '' http://p2p4u.net/feebets''  At least you can try it. If it's available to you, Play with it awhile, it takes a little getting used to with the initial ad's, but you can get rid of them easily....

Well worth a try anyway....

David.....

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 12:27:52 pm »
bloody GIRLS game,dont know why ya bothering,you would be better off watching a MANS
game like rugby or proper football.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:28:29 pm »
Lol, controversial!

Looking forward to the almighty Irish kicking ass again in the rugby in the Six Nations again this year Stuart? :icon_twisted:
For those who don't know what rugby is, its the mans version of girly American football - no pads and the play actually continues for more than 2 seconds at a time!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »
"no pads and the play actually continues for more than 2 seconds at a time!"

That's because you don't have the plays we have. You guys just pile on each other? :s

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 02:23:56 pm »
Ronan,didnt know you were so funny "irish are going too kick the mighty english's
ass"lol.your going to need more than 4 leaf clovers and rabbits feet to do that.

Vince....plays ive seen more action in bing crosby and bob hope doing there 1potato
2potato routine+it lasts longer.

Offline kenny

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 02:34:02 pm »
Ted,

I asked my son if he new of a website, he is into all sports mostly football. He said he has used ESPN play by play. I found it myself but there were no games going on, there was a play by play of a basketball game from last night still on it.  You might see if it is available over there.

I hate to see a man not able to watch the super bowl. Who's going to win? I am from Indiana and there allot of colts fans around here. Been to Colts game once a few years ago when the allmighty Packers came to town. Colts are a good team but i would kinda like to see the Saints win one. Anyway i hope you find a way to watch the game.

Kenny

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »
Quote from: 'stuart barlow' pid='30433' dateline='1265397836'

Ronan,didnt know you were so funny "irish are going too kick the mighty english's
ass"lol.your going to need more than 4 leaf clovers and rabbits feet to do that.

Vince....plays ive seen more action in bing crosby and bob hope doing there 1potato
2potato routine+it lasts longer.

I don't recall saying anything about the English and mighty.
Like the soccer team, English rugby glory days are in the past :icon_twisted:
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »
Just wait til we get you two at Murrayfield...lol

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 06:12:41 pm »
Kenny, i am like you i would like to see the Saints win as they havent exactly had
           much success over the years. i am originlly from Pittsburgh so naturally i am
           a lifelong Steeler fan. (maybe next year)

Stuart, i wont get into a pissing contest with you over this opinion of fooball all i
            will say is that one of the wonderful things in life is that we can all have an
            opinion on something whether good,bad, or indifferent. and enjoy the freedom
            to express those opinions inn any context that we want.

David, thanks works well here as i tried it. now if i can figure out why Adobe flash player
         keeps pausing while playing i will have it made
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:28:16 pm by ttwjr32 »