Author Topic: Red Light?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Jay W

Red Light?
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:36:06 am »
Hello Gang:

I've been away from the boards because of work, and I got so burned last time, I didn't think I wanted to continue this venture.  I have kept my profile updated, and I got this letter...I highlighted the part that stood out.

ni hao Jason

Happy new year to you!!
How are you to day? ^___^ a big smile from China!!!

I come here with a sweet wish, to find my dear love and prince.
I checked your profile, there is so little information about you,
but enough to catch my interest.
With strong curiosity, I write you this letter, to let you know me, and bring you back here.
Dear, are you ready to take the hand of this sweet, lovely Chinese girl?
I do wish your answer is yes!
Let's build a bridge of love here,
Let's start our journey of love here,

What kind of girl am I?
Kind, easy-going, and honest,
Beautiful from both outside and inside,
Well-educated and elegant,
Healthy both mentally and physically,
Such a sweet girl born in GuiZhou Province, Southwest of China,
And is now working in Shenzhen.

I like to listen to the music, traveling, sports,
I love all the things which full of life's passion.
I also can cook Chinese food.
I like our traditional culture. I can play zither.

By the way,,I have a long term passport and I have 10 days' vacation this year,,,I am planning my first trip to your country on May,,,It will be so nice if you can be my kind friend and show me around,,,

So much here, looking forward to your reply!This short description may help you to know me, could the letter be a clue to our friendship?
Getting known each other is essential of true affection

Yours:
YaQing
----------------------------------------

This is the first time I have seen this sort of overture.  It makes me suspicious.  As anyone else encountered this?  Her formatting has me concerned too because the bulk of it looks like a form letter.  Her profile states she has Fair English ability.  What do you guys think?

ttwjr32

RE: Red Light?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:32:35 am »
looks like the nigerian scam that happenes in Guangzhou. they use a ladies
pic and it will end up asking you for money. no such thing as a long term passport
read about this in the local paper here on people getting arrested. 2 men had the help
of 3 chinese ladies they must have been cutting in some of the money

Offline Jay W

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:55:14 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='32027' dateline='1266478355'

looks like the nigerian scam that happenes in Guangzhou. they use a ladies
pic and it will end up asking you for money. no such thing as a long term passport
read about this in the local paper here on people getting arrested. 2 men had the help
of 3 chinese ladies they must have been cutting in some of the money

Thanks Ted.  When they say things like this...or wanting my "real" e-mail, my red lights start to go off.  -Jay

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:50:34 am »
Exactly as Ted said. A friend got almost the same thing from a woman in Russia. They wrote to each other often but I kept telling him wait it's coming... and of course when she was suppose to be traveling to see him? All of a sudden the flights doubled in cost and she needed the return fare sent before she comes.. $3000. ? She was good though, she had all the facts. Believable. :fi_lone_ranger:

trwme

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:16:41 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='32040' dateline='1266497434'

Exactly as Ted said. A friend got almost the same thing from a woman in Russia. They wrote to each other often but I kept telling him wait it's coming... and of course when she was suppose to be traveling to see him? All of a sudden the flights doubled in cost and she needed the return fare sent before she comes.. $3000. ? She was good though, she had all the facts. Believable. :fi_lone_ranger:

Some of these scammers are easy to spot in the first email. Some of them take a while. Some time back I was writing this one lady...always talking about her business, all the money she was taking in and spending...something keep telling me, scam scam scam but after  a couple of months she still had not asked me for a dime, was professing her undying love, said she was coming soon to meet...and I was starting to think..uh oh, this girl is for real...and then she finally wrote to tell me about she had 'forgotten' about paying her rent before going on the business trip she was on, she was late on this month's rent check and was about to have all her stuff thrown into the street by her landlord while she was away on business in London. She needed me to send her $700. I wrote her back and said #1 you live in Austin Texas you say, what kind of dump to you live in there that you only have to pay $700? #2 No one can throw your stuff out of your apartment for being late on one month's rent. And #3, you've been telling me about these hundreds of thousands of $ you've been throwing around...and you can't find $700 to pay your own rent??

The hard and fast rule is send NO ONE any money who you have not met face to face. And just avoid Russian women altogether.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:19:57 am by trwme »

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:33 am »
That's the reason why I don't lie. You have to remember the lie or you contradict yourself. One I use to chat with here in the US? was back and forth on her stories. No matter what I told her, I'm not sending any money. It all changed when I offered a flight for her to come and then it changed and I said I would go there? Then the real BS started. This was the last girl I was in contact with off the internet in the US. Went Asian after that. :icon_cool:

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 01:32:09 pm »
Quote from: 'trwme' pid='32043' dateline='1266499001'

Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='32040' dateline='1266497434'

Some of these scammers are easy to spot in the first email. Some of them take a while. Some time back I was writing this one lady...always talking about her business, all the money she was taking in and spending...something keep telling me, scam scam scam but after  a couple of months she still had not asked me for a dime, was professing her undying love, said she was coming soon to meet...and I was starting to think..uh oh, this girl is for real...and then she finally wrote to tell me about she had 'forgotten' about paying her rent before going on the business trip she was on, she was late on this month's rent check and was about to have all her stuff thrown into the street by her landlord while she was away on business in London. She needed me to send her $700. I wrote her back and said #1 you live in Austin Texas you say, what kind of dump to you live in there that you only have to pay $700? #2 No one can throw your stuff out of your apartment for being late on one month's rent. And #3, you've been telling me about these hundreds of thousands of $ you've been throwing around...and you can't find $700 to pay your own rent??

The hard and fast rule is send NO ONE any money who you have not met face to face. And just avoid Russian women altogether.

Ah I would make an exception for Anna Kournikova if she wants to help pay my rent :icon_cheesygrin:
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »
007, keep dreaming. :icon_biggrin:

He sent me every email she sent him and she sounded all real but in the end there's always that oops? She (if a real photo) was a good looking woman Kournikova like.  He on the other hand, sent her a photo from 30-40 year ago. He makes me laugh every time. He wrote, come stay at his estate on the ocean, his estate is a small 2 bedroom home in a retirement community on a man made canal for rain runoff. I think they belong together. :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:50 pm »
I've had chats with several "ladies" (I don't know if they were actually female or male) on CLL.
One from South Africa who had moved to Ghana
One from Hungary who had moved to Ghana
and one from Canada ... who had moved to Ghana

It was fairly obvious after the first time, I'd not had this happen before so the first time it went on a bit longer than the subsequent ones did.

Needless to say no money went anywhere. You may get some if you're a close friend/family, but a stranger met on the net !?!?
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

rockycoon

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 04:18:23 pm »
Jay, any time you get an email that has somthing like this    ^_____^  in a letter or a smaller one ^__^  It is an interpeter.  For some
reason they tend to put those things in there I have noticed.  The guy's here are more conservitive and use smilies and even myself
will use a :>) once in a while, but never the ^__^.  I think this is a chinese thing.  It tells me right away that an interpeter wrote the
note (hey that rymes).  Just an oberservation as I have recieved many many admiration letters.
As most of the guys here will tell you, the first paragraph in an admiration letter is usually a standard form letter.  I am trying to gather
at this time a list of form letter top's, and will post this list for everyone when finished.  I feel when this is added to all the information
you can find on this forum, it will be very powerful to catching the cheaters at the agency's and save people a lot of money.

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »
Rocky, with the list of form letter tops put the agency it came from. :fi_lone_ranger:

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 06:50:36 pm »
thats a good idea Vince for the new guys who are
just starting out dealing with the agencies

trwme

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 07:14:22 pm »
Quote from: 'ahkiwi' pid='32059' dateline='1266526670'

I've had chats with several "ladies" (I don't know if they were actually female or male) on CLL.
One from South Africa who had moved to Ghana
One from Hungary who had moved to Ghana
and one from Canada ... who had moved to Ghana

It was fairly obvious after the first time, I'd not had this happen before so the first time it went on a bit longer than the subsequent ones did.

Needless to say no money went anywhere. You may get some if you're a close friend/family, but a stranger met on the net !?!?

Ghana is the new Nigeria. Either that or else I am moving there, because all the women are hot supermodels! A while back I was on a 'free' dating site as a paying member. Every night at the same time the Ghanan 'women' would do drive bys-create a profile, send flirt emails to several paying members (with their email and im contact info), then delete their profiles. I had two different ones sending me pics of the same hot asian looking woman, so I played along for a while, and at about the same time they both started asking for money. So I sent them both the pics the other had been sending me, asking, 'is this you?'. Their response was 'omg! how did you get those?' and I told them. The first one wanted the second one's email address, which of course I would not give 'her', and 'she' wanted to know why. I said duh...then you two can conspire together, if you aren't already. 'She' said....oh...that's right. So I started in on 'her' about all the places 'she' had messed up, and really worked 'her' over and broke 'her' down, to the point she admitted 'she' was a scammer and part of a ring of about 10-12 scammers all working out of Accra. 'She' wouldn't give me 'her' real name, but 'she' said 'she' really was a woman-which was a relief since we'd had a bit of ummmm...sex chat a couple of nights before this went down, lol.
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='32060' dateline='1266527903'

Jay, any time you get an email that has somthing like this    ^_____^  in a letter or a smaller one ^__^  It is an interpeter.  For some
reason they tend to put those things in there I have noticed.  The guy's here are more conservitive and use smilies and even myself
will use a :>) once in a while, but never the ^__^.  I think this is a chinese thing.  It tells me right away that an interpeter wrote the
note (hey that rymes).  Just an oberservation as I have recieved many many admiration letters.
As most of the guys here will tell you, the first paragraph in an admiration letter is usually a standard form letter.  I am trying to gather
at this time a list of form letter top's, and will post this list for everyone when finished.  I feel when this is added to all the information
you can find on this forum, it will be very powerful to catching the cheaters at the agency's and save people a lot of money.

lol, well, just about all of my a.m. letters have that ^___^, or this one *__*

8~0 (that's me, not my translator)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:24:34 pm by trwme »

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »
Roy, I don't tell them how to fix the mistakes. I just tell them they are there and leave it as that. I don't want them to get better at it?

Offline Cam

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:40 am »
If you really want to know about scammers and how they work join SCAMBAITERS   http://thescambaiter.com I've been on there for years scamming the scammers, months of great reading in the completed posts. We get them to do the most humiliating things to waste their time and money.
I've had one Nigerian idiot (King Kings the loan shark...look on YouTube for the vid's I made him do under scammers or scambaiter) and a year before that I got him to stand naked with his old feller resting on a knife. I go by the name d_generate but haven't been into it as much lately.
Just have fun with them, they will ask for money and want it sent via MoneyGram......Tell them it's on the way and make up a 10 digit number to waste their time going to pick it up.