Author Topic: UPDATE ON RESIDENCE VISA'S  (Read 2871 times)

ttwjr32

UPDATE ON RESIDENCE VISA'S
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:07:09 am »
today i picked up my visa from the PSB and i noticed that i didnt have any markings on it like my last one (L) and it didnt have a spot
for how many entries i could make. i went back to the 6th floor and i asked the lady and she said i have as many entries as i want i can
come and go whenever i feel like it.

at the top of the visa were mine last year said--visa of the peoples republic of china 
my new visa says---- residence visa for foreigner in the peoples republic of china

so i now have a residence visa and not an extended L visa like i had last year which was a nice surprise

maybe being the ambassador does have some advantages

Paul Todd

Re: UPDATE ON RESIDENCE VISA'S
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:52:50 am »
Well done Ted,

This is mighty interesting! So you got this visa after your last "L" visa which was valid for 1 year expired? Did you tell them about any of your business activities over here or did they just give you a residence visa as a matter of course being married to a Chinese national? How long is it valid for? Sorry about all the questions but like I said this is mighty interesting! Oh, does it say " residence visa" or residence permit" at the top ?
Thanks !

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:00 am »
He also needs to tell us .. who he slipped the $100 to ?

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:07:11 pm »
it says resident permit  and from what the lady stated it allows me to work and pay taxes, come and go as many times as i want,
and good for a year, i will need to get 3 more of these then i get the resident visa,  so i guess thats a good thing i dont know because
i read Willy's post and he only got 6 months for almost double my price.  so i guess they all work different??? but should it not be the
same as this procedure actually does come from the central gov't???? very bizzare as you hear and see different things all the time

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 09:17:35 pm »
This really is quite amazing Ted,

I've seen first hand the amount of paperwork required to get this and then only after you have acquired a Foreign Experts Book. To just get handed one at the local PSB is a real turn up for the books. I noticed in another thread you said you were looking at registering a business here do you think this has any relevance or did they just issue you with it?

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:36:43 pm »
all i wanted was a two year L visa and got this. but i posted it here because i wanted everyone to know Mike that
it can be done just dont know how or what i did. i did flirt with the lady when she was imputting everything the week before
maybe she hit the wrong button.

Paul-- no i didnt register that business yet as we are still looking for a good location to open the school up and the chinese
          lady i am working with is going really slow with this so its not registered

Paul Todd

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:59 pm »
Hi Ted,

Amazing! you now have the right to work here without having papers from an employer saying they need you and without proving you are an expert in a sector that the Chinese government says a Chinese national can not fill. That must have been some flirting my friend.  ;)

ttwjr32

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
must have been that new shirt i wore  lol

Offline Lain

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »
it says resident permit  and from what the lady stated it allows me to work and pay taxes, come and go as many times as i want,
and good for a year, i will need to get 3 more of these then i get the resident visa,  so i guess thats a good thing i dont know because
i read Willy's post and he only got 6 months for almost double my price.  so i guess they all work different??? but should it not be the
same as this procedure actually does come from the central gov't???? very bizzare as you hear and see different things all the time

This is more or less what I have been saying on my thread about the process I have set forth to gain a residence permit. This is NOT the same as a Visa, and overrides your normal Visa. Once issued, yes you can come and go as you please and is usually only offered to "new" visitors for 6-months. Seeing as how you have been in the country for over a year, its really not surprising to me that you were able to get a whole year.

I am going to apply for a year, with a medical exam....but I am only expecting a 6-month residence permit which is fine with me as I plan on making my first 6 months the period I will take to see if I can adapt to a new culture.....and of course see how things work out with Jiong Li. I am very hopeful as we have reached a "common ground" about or relationship...not much longer till I am there...we shall see what happens.

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:47 am »
i do think 6 months is all you will get unless you marry a lady here and she is a city citizen then you might get a year on a L visa
but i highly doubt you will get a year residency visa at least on the first try. i got the year from the start becuase of her assets here
not mine. there is a difference and i wouldnt expect to much as all you will be is let down. coming here to export doesnt give you
the visa your looking for. so dont be to discouraged when you get a 6 month L visa. also your coming here during the asian games
beginning and there is a lot of scrutiny going on during this time as many people do try and take advantage of the times and the
chinese are getting smarter on this. when i was sitting there waiting i saw many south africans mad and arguing about their visas
because they didnt get what they wanted but it was all to no avail they didnt care nor did they want to hear it from them.

at least china is trying to clear up the rifraff that is trying to curcumvent the system and come here to shuck and jive the scams they like to play
that is a positive sign. if you want to see it first hand in Guangzhou just go over by the Garden hotel at night and you will see it first hand

Offline Lain

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »
.......... coming here to export doesnt give you
the visa your looking for. so dont be to discouraged when you get a 6 month L visa. .....

This is another thing that I think you may not understand...I am not applying for a Visa there...I ALREADY have a 12 month mult-entry business Visa. So if I want to stay the entire year, I can already. What I desire is the residence permit as my Business Visa requires me to exit & re-enter every 30 days and that is a pain in the butt. A residence permit will let me enjoy myself and feel secure having my property in my apartment. I think it will also go along ways to proving to Jiong Li that I am committed to her.

You are already there, and so you are applying for Visa, and documents from within the country....I am not, and there is a big difference in what we are required to get....also your married...another major plus on your side. But as noted, 6 months permit is my goal but I am shooting for the full 12 month since my Visa already allows me to be there for that long anyway.

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »
it will be good to know how it plays out for you because there never seems to be a rhyme or reason why
things happen here. and with you applying outside it will be interesting to see what happens.

i was resolved to get another L visa and ended up with the resident one so you go figure out why? and
Willy keeps getting something different each time he goes ???

im sure you will hear something soon? before you leave? it will be interesting to see what they give you

Offline Lain

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »
im sure you will hear something soon? before you leave? it will be interesting to see what they give you

Nope..I will know nothing before I leave. A "Residence Permit" temporary or otherwise can ONLY be issued by the local PSB, so I will not know what I will get..if even one at all until I am there and complete the forms. I do have my Business Visa, and its good for 12 months with a multi-entry so I am at least covered for the year.

Also I have another advantage that may help me, and that is I have an interpreter who has acted on my behalf to contact the office to clarify the details of the application and will be present with me when I shop up to complete the forms. ...we will see what happens in about 6 weeks.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:27 pm »
.......... coming here to export doesnt give you
the visa your looking for. so dont be to discouraged when you get a 6 month L visa. .....

This is another thing that I think you may not understand...I am not applying for a Visa there...I ALREADY have a 12 month mult-entry business Visa. So if I want to stay the entire year, I can already. What I desire is the residence permit as my Business Visa requires me to exit & re-enter every 30 days and that is a pain in the butt. A residence permit will let me enjoy myself and feel secure having my property in my apartment. I think it will also go along ways to proving to Jiong Li that I am committed to her.

You are already there, and so you are applying for Visa, and documents from within the country....I am not, and there is a big difference in what we are required to get....also your married...another major plus on your side. But as noted, 6 months permit is my goal but I am shooting for the full 12 month since my Visa already allows me to be there for that long anyway.

I do not see a problem with your location in Zhongshan. A bus to Zhuhai Bus staion costs 20 rmb.  a taxi to Macau ferry port costs 10 rmb.  Up the stairs leave china. have a ten minute walk and a coffee in Macau and back through the immigration get your passport stamped and reverse the transport and your free for another 30 days.  60 rmb and thats it.

Time taken maybe 5 or hours less time than taken travelling to Guangzhou and attending a lesson.

Get an apartment with security. there are lots in Zhongshan.  Mine is first class and it costs 1200 rmb a month.

Another word of warning. Trying to deal with teh PSB in Zhongshan is like hitting your head against the wall.  They do not read the regulations. What they think is the regulation is what you get.  I have argued over 5 visa now.  Go to another city to get the visa or permit and you have to live there to apply.

Willy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:36:31 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Lain

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »
As I had mentioned in my Visa thread...its not theft of my property that concerns me, it the "chance" that for some reason I will be blocked, or delayed for some length of time re-entry. This is going to me my business center where I will operate from, and while I do have redundant systems to access via my laptop it would be a huge problem should I have to deal with Visa issues. The residence permit will give me peace of mind to conduct thorough business plans and operate with efficiency.

Also the sooner you start into  the residence permit system, the more likely that as time goes by the longer permits you may obtain...So no better way to get started than from day one!