Author Topic: To Martin and all the Mods.  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
To Martin and all the Mods.
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:51:34 pm »
You guys know the rules we have are pretty good and all for very good reasons. I do agree with them totally.

Has it ever been considered to make a category especially for some of these things, like for instance  US bashing.  Put warning on it don't go there if you can't handle different kinds of talk and such things. 
The only reason I even ask is it would be nice to have a section we can blow off a little steam no hold barred sorta stuff.
A few rules like no personal attacks we don't want fights and stuff. and if the category insults you then do yourself a favor and don't read it anymore.
But if a guy can air his anger with say no language limit. That might be a good stress reliever. I am not the only guy going crazy playing this waiting game the government insist we play. And when it is finished there will still be plenty more that must also do it. 
Having built several forums and know people the way I do, I can see it would be very difficult to do, But it is just an Idea.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Chong

Re: To Martin and all the Mods.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:49:33 am »
I think that's the purpose of "The Campfire". Just start a new thread entitled ... for example ... Uncensored Blow Off Steam

It would be no different than "Just For Laughs" where there's uncensored language. As you said, as long as there's no personal attacks.

This is my take, the other MODs may have a different viewpoint.

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:12:28 am »
It's fine with me.I have seen it on other forums.And it seems to work.As long as thiere is no personell attacks

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:46 am »
On my old forum we had a spot that was request only that was the X rated. We had many women members and if they wanted to go there they had to ask a mod. This kept others from being offended. I'm not saying to do it this way just saying how we did it. It was the place where the gloves were off speech wise. The rule that stayed even there, was the no personal attacks.   

ttwjr32

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:40 pm »
I think its a good idea also to be able to do this here

Paul Todd

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 08:23:28 am »
For what it's worth, I don't see the need or benefit of posting bad language here.  There are plenty more sites out there where you can do that and yes I know I would not have to read it if I didn't want too . Just my thoughts :)

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:20:37 pm »
Well venting can be made without all the bad language and it would be a
good thing for members to be able to vent the frustrations with their cases
and the time spent waiting and everything

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:23:55 am »
I'd say , let's have a Place where all can let loose ( to vent or somethings that annoys someone about another Member or whatever ) .

BUT ... this Thread will have Post's cleared/deleted once a week of all them , once someone got rid of some steam and he's been reply'd to .. then there is no more need for it . Out it goes and make room for the next and so on and on .

Let me know how this sounds and if it is a good idea ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:23:11 am by Chong »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 01:37:25 am »
sounds like a good idea.

The only reservation I have is, if people take it too heart and any argument carries on through PM.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:55:02 am »
Nah , we have been doing fine for the last 18 months plus , why be like some of the other forums , you wouldn't let your better half , sister or brother go there , but here is like Australia almost perfect in every way , with Canada and China as equal seconds , regards A non a mouse Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 04:00:24 am »
sounds like a good idea.

The only reservation I have is, if people take it too heart and any argument carries on through PM.
You known Rob that was one of my main concerns when I ask the question. Some guys do have pretty hot tempers, short fuses all that stuff. And can't handle it when a guy is just blowing off a little steam. And I have seen a few that could not recognize they were not being attacked the brother was actually trying to help them.
Myself included.  And one of the things We are all different we have guys here from 20 all the way up to Willie. Some can't take the ribbing and others love it.
Thats why no matter what you say it can not be directed to one particular person. 
Unless he is not a member of this forum.
Maybe it's not such a good I idea, Everyone here has a ton of stress already.
Jimmy Henson

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 05:53:35 am »
sounds like a good idea.

You known Rob that was one of my main concerns when I ask the question. Some guys do have pretty hot tempers, short fuses all that stuff. And can't handle it when a guy is just blowing off a little steam. And I have seen a few that could not recognize they were not being attacked the brother was actually trying to help them.
Myself included.  And one of the things We are all different we have guys here from 20 all the way up to Willie. Some can't take the ribbing and others love it.
Thats why no matter what you say it can not be directed to one particular person. 
Unless he is not a member of this forum.
Maybe it's not such a good I idea, Everyone here has a ton of stress already.

My 2 cents worth........

Good idea to have a place that is here for sounding off about Government, immigration and all the bastadry we go through when we decide to marry a foreign woman

Bad idea that this place becomes a public forum for sounding off about individuals.

If we want to have a go at any individual, we can always go the PM route and keep bitterness out of the public view..it serves no purpose because there are often complex "goings-on" that can be misinterpreted and misconstrued.

If we wish to be critical then lets stay with ISSUES not PERSONALITIES. If we have an opinion that a Bro is out of line, then many times in the past some appropriate comments have come through. And it is usually about some aspect of Western/Chinese relationships that trigger it off. That is the purpose and benefit of the public forum here....not to attack people as individuals.

David E

Paul Todd

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:02 am »
I could go with the idea of "ISSUES not PERSONALITIES" as David said. I agree that to start talking badly about fellow members will only end in tears and hard feelings all round >:(= :'(

Offline Michael

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 06:29:23 am »
I know I'm new and maybe should just be still, but here goes, I have to agree with Mr. DavidE, and Mr. Paul Todd, Issues not Personalities would be good I think, I have been reading for a few days and every misunderstanding on these boards have come from someone saying something dumb about someone else, so yes to Issues and no to personalities
If this was easy, everyone would do it

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:33 am »
 I think it should be about issues and not about individuals. That would be ok to vent about
some of the issues encountered by the govt's.