Author Topic: Introduction, and some of my story  (Read 4264 times)

Offline halfpint

Introduction, and some of my story
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:48:39 pm »
My 1st post, of how many I don't know.  I've been reading a lot on this forum, didn't quite expect to find a forum that relates so well to what I am experiencing right now.  I have a long story to tell, but I think I'll keep this short.  I went to Shanghai at the beginning of November, I met a wonderful lady.  I spent 10 days with her, and now I just want to see her again, I miss her.  The stories I've read on here are great, the positive ones and that ones that haven't worked out the way some had hoped for.  It's interesting to read peoples perspectives on their trips to China, expecially their 1st trips.  I can relate.  My trip to Shanghai was my 1st trip to China.  It will not be my last.  I hope to get to know some people here, share some stories and maybe learn a bit.  It's an interesting journey we are on.

Alan
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Introduction, and some of my story
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:04 pm »
Welcome Alan , yes I had noticed that you had been busy [ I assumed reading ] on this forum , you have quite a few Canadian brothers here , and between all of us most answers to most questions , so goodluck , and we would always welcome your own journey whether good or bad , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »
Dear Halfpint-Welcome to the brotherhood !! hope to become friends and I think you will find some very great people here -willing to help a friend in need
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

JOHN1964

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:46:22 am »
Hi Alan and welcome, I too went to China on the 18th of September this year to finally meet my Chinese princess, It was more than i expected and i am to return to her in 17 days ,,,but whose counting,,The wait for me to be with her again has been almost unbearable,
We had been writing for five months until we finally met in person, (she was worth the wait), After long talks with her family, They have agreed to meet me so i am to leave my home for nearly one month to be with her once again, We are planning to marry in mid January and then start the process of the visa for her to be with me here in Australia, I am looking in to a visitors visa for her at the moment so we can spend three months together here in Australia.
It is a long and hard journey which we face but there are a lot of good people here on this site with some very helpful information and good advice,  Good luck to you and please keep us posted as to how things go for you and your Chinese angel..

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:05:37 am »
A Forum Welcome to you Alan . You will get to know quite a lot of friendly People here .. that you might forget your lovely Lady in Shanghai :D .

Ahhh , just kidding of course .

Having a great start on your first Trip to China , is wonderful . It'll make the second even more so . So , have Question's .. Ask - have Answer's .. Tell . We're all ear's .

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:00:29 am »
Welcome Halfpint.  What part of Canada are you from?  I look forward to reading about your trip.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Paul Todd

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:40:00 am »
Yes a big welcome from me toooooooooo. Sounds like your off to a great start  :)

Offline halfpint

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »
Thanks guys, Neil I'm in the Okanagan Valley, best part of Canada, well thats what those of us that live here like to think.  I'm not worried about forgetting my lovely lady in Shanghai Arnold, she's a special lady  :).  Mike I could write quite a bit, maybe i will one day.  I'd like to, a couple of times I've sat down intending on doing that, but I've sat there not knowing how to start.  I've been widowed for 2.5 years.  For the 28 years before that I was with the most beautiful Chinese lady in the world.  She was beautiful on the inside and outside, a very special lady.  Cancer took her, she battled for almost 5 years, ultimately the body can't fight anymore.

I kind of hibernated for a couple of years after my dear wife passed away.  I have 3 girls, they were 16, 14 and 6 years old when my wife passed away.  I focused my time on raising them, that has helped me a lot.  Then I decided I needed to start meeting people.  I wasnt ready to date yet, didnt want to.  I needed to start having some contact with people, ladies, I needed some interaction.  So I decided to go on-line.  I did some research.  I looked at chnlove, but that website made no sense to me, no disrespect to those that have had success with it.  I found another website, started chatting with this lady in Shanghai, that was in August.  4 months ago, and now my life is taking a new path.  She was the 1st lady I started chatting with on a regular basis, havent been on the dating site since I met her.  I think I bought a 3 or 6 month subscription, I havent used it since i met her.  I told her when I met her I would stop going on the site.  I told her my 1st impression of her was very good and I wanted to focus my attention on her.  That was a very good decision on my part, I don't regret it.

We chat almost every day, we have since September when we began to realize we were looking for the same things.  I'm lucky, I met a lady who reads, writes and speaks English very well, she owns her condo in a nice area in Shanghai, she has a great career.  She actually does quite well.  She has a son close to my youngest daughters age.  We are nine years apart in age, other than that, we have a great deal in common.

My trip was fantastic, she was a very gracious host.  She showed me Shanghai, Hangzhou and Zhujiajiao.  I spent time with her son, I met an aunt and a cousin and her best friend.  Fortunately her son really liked me and I liked him.  I think he and my daughter would be very good siblings, they'd like each other.  They both smile a lot! 

Funny thing is, when I went on that dating site, I only went on to chat with people.  I told myself I was not going to get involved with someone that lived 10,000 kms away from me.  Who wants to deal with late night chatting?, being alone on a Friday night because you want to spend your hours in front of a computer?, having to travel almost 20 hours just to see your lady?, dealing with visa's, immigration, where to live?  All that stuff.  Only a nut would get involved with that.  Well ,when you meet the right person, it isnt nutty anymore.  All of a sudden all of those issues seem quite trivial.  Hop on a plane to see a girl, hey no problem.  Cant see each other for a few months, no problem, we'll just chat with each other, she's worth the wait.  Maybe she can't move here, well, I could move there, maybe it would be a great experience for my now 9 year old daughter?

How your life can change so quickly.  I dont know what the future holds, but I'm going to enjoy this experience as much as I can.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:10 pm »
You know Alan , your Story sounds very similiar to mine (Wife dies of Cancer and here we are with Shanghai Lady's). Thinking the same thing , what are 8000 miles to find the " Right " Woman ? By the way , I did that both times I was married . It's in my Blood .. I  guess  ;) ? We do have a few that do NOT want to go there ( SH ) , as these Women are looked upon as being more of Scam-Artist's than others or more High Maintenance . One just has to weed them out and you be left with just as beautiful Woman from anywhere else for that matter . Again , little extra work will be rewarded I'm sure .

Offline halfpint

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 11:56:20 pm »
Arnold, I'm sorry you had to experience what I did.  Glad to see you are happy though, that's a really good thing.  I'd read the stereotypes of Shanghai ladies, ands all they are, stereotypes.  The lady I have met is the most most down to earth lady I have known, well in the last 2.5 years.  Very kind, very thoughtful, very loving, a lady that doesnt seem to care about what she has, just wants to have a happy life for her family. 

I didnt have to travel more than a mile to meet my wife.  I took a job while going to university, at a drive in theatre where virtually all the employees were going to university.  On the 2nd day of the job a fellow said he wanted to introduce me to someone.  I turned around and put my hand out.  She smiled, put her hand out and said "Hi Alan, nice to meet you".  In the few seconds this happened all I could think was "Oh my god, I've just met the beautiful girl in the whole world".  We spent a year working together, becoming friends.  Then we started dating and a wonderful relationship began. 

Offline shaun

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:04 am »
Alan,

Great to meet you and a very good story.  This is a great site as I am sure you have already noticed.  I am looking forward to your contributions to this site.

Shaun

Offline Chong

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 09:26:56 am »
Welcome Alan,

It's your second life that's unfolding currently.

Just to give you encouragement, the Immigration process through the Beijing Canadian Consulate is very fast. It only took Martin 4 months.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:29:58 am »
Just wanted to extend my welcome as well. Good to see the western half of the country getting more members. Any questions about immigration, feel free to ask. At least 3 CDN's have dealt with this part.

Offline metooap

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 01:46:25 pm »
halfpint,

Welcome aboard.

I need to say, Hi guys it has been awhile. Seems like a real long while.

But I must say Life is great!~!

And it is good to be back!

Alton

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »
Welcome Halpint..This is the site to be on when looking or needing to share...

Welcome back Alton :D