Author Topic: he had married the same day he stepped off the plane????  (Read 4319 times)

Offline sara

he had married the same day he stepped off the plane????
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »
   he had married the same day he stepped off the plane --- I couldn’t believe it because you would know a lot of work to do if you did marry in china. Taking the picture for the red book, going to the 民政局, translating the paper…….
   Maybe they married in a week after the man came to china.
Sara

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: he had married the same day he stepped off the plane????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:27 pm »
He didn't have his ceremony the same day...he got married. Got his red book. That made him legally married. The actual ceremony with family was not for several more days. He got married a few hours after arriving in China.

Offline sara

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:59 am »
maybe he would like to save some money for the bills of the hotel so he need to stay the lady's house. and that is not mean they have everything between a wife and a husbend at the first day.
is the man  a kid? why would't the man  move the lady's house after he knew the lady was very bad.

Sara

Offline sara

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:49 am »
i believe everyone would make mistake in life but  no one would know the other's life. we should learn from the past marriage and make us become an adlut.
Sara

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:10:43 am »
?????????????where did this post start ?? i am interested to have a read of this.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:14 am »
Specifically, we are talking about this former member...
http://www.chinaromance.net/index.php?topic=76.0

Whether right or wrong, he got married the day he arrived.  Unfortunately, his marriage ended.  He loved her very much, but she chose to end it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:13 am »
Since this is sort of a split from another thread, I feel I should explain that the person in question is Ed W.  He was one of the early members of the Facebook group, and at one time, one of the mods here.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:53:00 am »
Its nice to see you still about Sara - what happened in the past twelve weeks to keep you away from us?

On your last relationship how long was he in the Country before 2009/09/09? I thought it was only a day or two.

But this is old saying is for all those who marry too quickly. Marry in haste repent at leisure.

Unfortunately the Mod section does not have a good track record in this respect. 

Willy
PS I am still clinging to life in my new home.  Maybe I will do an entry on it all one day.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 03:02:34 am »
It may be interesting to ascertain just how many of the 500 odd male members find a Chinese woman, married and are still together.  (I know there are 601 members to date- but my interest would be for just the men)

And also how many as still looking for that ideal Chinese woman and how many are in a relationship considering marriage.

I would write to all but I believe that there is a restiction on how many one can send. Maybe the mods have better access.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:57 am »
Willy, you are right about the Mod section having a bad track record.  I had noticed it before.  4 of us have been in failed relationships.  Fortunately, we have a couple of pillars in Maxx and Arnold and Chong.

I would be curious as to what the numbers are of members.  Maybe I will put together some sort of poll.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 03:33:30 am »
Willy, you are right about the Mod section having a bad track record.  I had noticed it before.  4 of us have been in failed relationships.  Fortunately, we have a couple of pillars in Maxx and Arnold and Chong.

I would be curious as to what the numbers are of members.  Maybe I will put together some sort of poll.

I hope you just forgot the Irishman!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 04:01:09 am »
Is it very important that each MOD Member must have a "non failed relationship", or not?
I think we don't need to think much more about it, but we can better considerate about their experiences about China and chinese ladies.
And anyway, about members who come here, who sign up, leave, come back, sign up again... I think that some members may be 2x or 3x the same ones, in fact...
Should we also include the "google" robots, ie?
- Let's Rock -

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 05:59:31 am »
Willy, Irishman isn't a mod...he is the tech guy. And I guess I should not have included myself either, since I am not a mod.

Sly, google bots etc can not be members. Those enter into the forum as a guest only.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 06:07:51 am »
I did the same as ED. I arrived at midnight and was married by 10am. And the ceremony for dinner that evening.   So far so good. My biggest problems have been with the American Government.
Gotta remember some of these women all they want is a green card, Some of them all they want is money to be supported the rest of thier life. And others truly want a family.  No risk, No Gain, No Guarantee's. Every story is different. Don't be stupid and get tunnel vision and base everything on what happened to just one or even 2 guys. And if things seem a little wierd at times stop, relax, think.
My marrage almost failed a couple times, But because the love betwenn my wife and me is so strong we wouldn't let it.
In Fact if a guy isn't willing to take some risk with his heart and his money this is not a good thing to be trying to do.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:04 am »
Jimmy,
Your back. Where have you been hiding or should I say what have you been doing?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE