Author Topic: My story so far...To be continued...  (Read 24056 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: My story so far...To be continued...
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2009, 06:06:54 am »
48 days.....1154 hours.....69270 minutes.....4154400 seconds

But hey mate......I'm not counting

:blush::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::angel:

shaun

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:25 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='18465' dateline='1254218814'
48 days.....1154 hours.....69270 minutes.....4154400 seconds

But hey mate......I'm not counting

:blush::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::angel:

Neither are we... 5,6,7,8...                   a little theatrical inference there   :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:04:55 pm by shaun »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2009, 05:41:30 pm »
How they count to babies 1, 2 3 9, 11 38, 100:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2009, 09:36:10 am »
Rob, She is probably just as nervous as you are right now.  So now is the time for caution in what you say.  And YES, the 24 hour rule is sacred.  Believe me, I have screwed with it and almost ruined this thing.  Twice.  Thankfully my wife is a patient and forgiving woman otherwise I would still be single and looking for something I lost.  So my advice is just what you have said yourself.  You are a very smart and caring guy.  You will get this right I am sure.  And yes, as you well know, THIS is the place to vent your questions and anxieties, not with her.  All the best to you and KaRen.  I know it will work.  You will be one of the 40%.

Jim
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='18575' dateline='1254317770'

Rob, She is probably just as nervous as you are right now.  So now is the time for caution in what you say.  And YES, the 24 hour rule is sacred.  Believe me, I have screwed with it and almost ruined this thing.  Twice.  Thankfully my wife is a patient and forgiving woman otherwise I would still be single and looking for something I lost.  So my advice is just what you have said yourself.  You are a very smart and caring guy.  You will get this right I am sure.  And yes, as you well know, THIS is the place to vent your questions and anxieties, not with her.  All the best to you and KaRen.  I know it will work.  You will be one of the 40%.

Jim

Jim
Yeah mate she keeps telling me "Honey you know your Ke Ren is a very shy girl..." LOL

As you probably know I saidI was writingthe rules down for myself to keep reminding myself...Well I have wrote them down about 4 times...Hehe and in each list the 24 hour rule is in capital letters and number 1 on each list...lol

Thank you for your kind words sir, much appreciated...

How is Mrs Burk coping with being married now?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2009, 05:37:13 pm »
He he guys I think we are in need of a good laugh after the last few days. So here is a little snippet of my last letter to my sweetheart Ke Ren.  Some how though, I am not sure if she will see the humour in what I have written -- which (honestly) was a mistake.  I did not notice this until I was reading it over after I had sent it:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::blush::huh:

"...My Sweet future Lao PoKe Ren...":blush::blush::angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='19528' dateline='1255124233'

He he guys I think we are in need of a good laugh after the last few days. So here is a little snippet of my last letter to my sweetheart Ke Ren.  Some how though, I am not sure if she will see the humour in what I have written -- which (honestly) was a mistake.  I did not notice this until I was reading it over after I had sent it:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::blush::huh:

"...My Sweet future Lao PoKe Ren...":blush::blush::angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Aren't you a little old to be collecting Pikachus?
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

OOOOOH !!!! You ARE naughty....or was it a Freudian slip :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2009, 08:01:16 pm »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='19537' dateline='1255132586'

OOOOOH !!!! You ARE naughty....or was it a Freudian slip :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David

Yes that was the other suttle meaning I gleemed from Rob's comment - I see that you got straight to the point :icon_confused:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:01:45 pm by Rhonald »

Vince G

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2009, 09:25:21 pm »
Scottish Robs new name - Pokémon (Poky man)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:26:06 pm by Vince G »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2009, 09:34:27 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='19543' dateline='1255137921'

Yes those Scotts like their Diks...oops I mean their Dirks

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2009, 09:38:15 pm »
ROFLMAO:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2009, 12:52:35 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='19544' dateline='1255138467'

Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='19543' dateline='1255137921'

Yes those Scotts like their Diks...oops I mean their Dirks

Greetings brothers,
As for the diks and pokemon etc let us not forget this is the forum called Campfire so I guess a Poke her er I mean poker is in order no? Oh and thats generic not aimed at SRob and his most beautiful lady in anyway shapre or form.

Yes I am going a little stir crazy waiting for the 26th Oct. I cant help it life now really seems like a rollercoaster.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2009, 06:39:55 am »
Hi guys I think this will be my last letter on this thread.

At the moment I confused, angry and a little bit bewildered, unless I'm reading this wrong, maybe its just nerves getting to me?

As you all know I'm 4 feet 9 inches 'TALL' hehe she is 5 feet 3 inches, and have always been upfront with Ke Ren about this.  Well I worked out the centimetre difference between us and it is something like 17 .  So I told her the other day and today I got this reply, this is the letter in its entirety

"...My qin ai de Laogong Rob

Honey, I feel very confused by your height right now, you said you are only 17 centimeters ? Are you kidding honey ? hehe,can you reach my waist ? Or the shoulders ? I have to confirm it because my parents kept asked me about this , I hope you don't mind !

I went to attend a friend's wedding dinner last night, and I have drunk two glasses of beer, many of my friends has a happy family, but some of my friends are the same as me, they got divorced and hope to met the real right man, honey, we are the perfect match in heart, when I told them about this , they all feel very surpised because you are from England, the foreigner seemed can have a better treatment here in China, so people will admire me !: )

My sister could cook really dishes , better than me, hehe, and my mom can also cook , they said I am the only worries for them, hehe, once I got married with you, I think they can be reassured because I have someone to love, and to take care of ! once you are here, you will know how nice they are !

The winter will come soon, Rob, do you love the cold weather ? I love the Qingdao in every season, because it has the different typical characters in the four seasons, I will go to buy a warm coat next weekend, what color do you think is the best honey ? i want to wear that one to pick you up at the airport !

I hope I can celebrate the birthday for you, honey, I will learn to make the birthday cake for you, you will never be alone in the future !

You are not heavy honey, just keep your shape , I don't want you to lose any weight , but don't get too heavy, haha

Honey, I have to leave earlier today, there is a parents association office in peter's school after school today, I have to rush to his school, being late will be rude . : )

I have to go now, baby, take care

Kisses

Honey, you didn't tell me how is your arm, I am worried about you

Yours Kathy

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2009, 06:44:45 am »
I think she she thinks you said you are 17cms tall altogether!!(that's why she asks about the waist..17cm tall or the shoulders ..17cm difference), I would just tell her your height in cm and see what she says to be honest. The tone of the rest of her letter is very nice so I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.