Author Topic: My story so far...To be continued...  (Read 24049 times)

shaun

RE: My story so far...To be continued...
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:40 am »
Rob,

I bet she saw the movie Braveheart and heard the background music and thought that was a bagpipe.  It seems to me that the music in the movie was mostly an Irish flute.  That is what comes to mind.

But the real underlying issue here is a Scotsman who does not like the sound of the bagpipe?  Next thing you will say is that you don't like golf.

Man if Keren loves the bagpipe you are in a heap of trouble.

Men, we ought to go through our complete CD libraries of unwanted music, gifts we never understood, and take out all of the bagpipe ones and send them to Keren so that she gains a complete understanding and love for bagpipe music. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Rob, it is for your own good that we do this!!!!!   :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009, 11:56:20 am »
Shaiun

I don't play golf...The sticks are about the same height as me....hahahahaha

Anyone sends Keren Bagpipe music will have the Scottish Mafia set onto them...LOL:angel::angel:

Vince G

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2009, 12:32:17 pm »
I don't know Rob? A few guys in skirts showing up with one playing the Godfather theme on the bagpipes doesn't seem to frightening... :icon_cool:

Arnold

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2009, 12:51:07 pm »
What is the matter with all of you ? I love the Bagpipes , the outfit's they wear while playing them . Where is your " Tradition "  Rob ?
I would be proud of my national treasure . How do you all feel about the traditional chinese instrument's , are they a nuisance too ?
I guess all that goes the way of Loud and Noisy with either talking or yelling instead of singing . Oh well it's a shame , maybe I'm old  fashion , but for me it beat's most of today's grap .

David5o

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2009, 01:49:48 pm »
As far as i'm conserned, both the bagpipes and the Chinese instruments sound like a Cat's choir, or beat-up city moggies going hell for leather for each other.....''Bloody Wicked Noise''.
How anyone can ever tell, that any of these instruments are actually in tune, I'll never know??.....Hell, ....I don't want to know!!!!  I hate saying this, ...i really, really do, but give me the modern crap over listening to bagpipes any day of the week!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:05:59 pm by David5o »

Arnold

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »
hahahaha...now who will argue with that ? Nothing wrong with History getting lost to modern Music .

shaun

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 02:59:23 pm »
Vince, that is great.  The Spanish Mafia playing the Godfather theme on bagpipes. What would there be to fear?  Where would they hide their guns?  Up their skirt... I mean kilt?  Plus if they were traditional Scotsmen and they reached for the gun.  What if they grabbed the wrong object?  I don't know if I should say this but I've heard if you yank it twice it will shoot at you too. Of course I wouldn't really know about these kinds of things.  I mean, it would be difficult for me to control my laughter. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

But Rob, to maintain the brotherhood and keep thing friendly between us I will agree to not send any bagpipe music to Keren.  He address is probably the agencies anyway.  I could just send it to her translator instead.  I would tell the translator, what ever you do please do not give this CD to Keren.  Of course what ever the translator did she would be responsible for.

I went to a high school in Texas called Bel Air High School.  Our mascot was the Highlander and we had an all girl Bagpipe and Drum Corps. I've attached a picture from when I was in High School of the band and the school logo.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:11:55 pm by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2009, 03:06:03 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='15816' dateline='1252349963'
Where would they hide their guns?

Guess where?

To attach a photo under the window you write in is a button that says choose file. Click that choose the photo from your computer folder. then on the right is another button that says "Attachment" click that and it will put it in. Check after it loads that it is there (the file name will be there) then click on post and that's it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:09:26 pm by Vince G »

shaun

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2009, 03:14:01 pm »
Vince,

That is either a very small gun or a very large woman.

Vince G

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 03:19:02 pm »
Thus the reason a Scottsman never heard the words... Is that your gun or your just glad to see me?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2009, 04:21:45 pm »
ROFLMAO............It's not a bloody SKIRT:@...IT'S A BLOODY KILT:@:....lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2009, 04:36:20 pm »
Shaun,

Just been looking at that school band you posted, ... got a few ugly ducklings in there mate, did you date any of these bagpipe girls??  haha!!

David....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:36:32 pm by David5o »

shaun

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:56 pm »
David,

I went back to make to see which girl I dated. I did date a girl who played bagpipes.  I remember she was real cute and could not find her in the picture.  What caught my eye was that this photo was not from 1973 when I looked at the car in the background on the right I noticed that the hub cap belonged to a mid-1990's Chevrolet.  I went back to the site and the photo is mis-labeled.  I don't know if you noticed since the photo is not very good but most of the girls in the photo are Hispanic.  I grew up on the border between the US and Mexico.  El Paso, Texas.

Shaun

David5o

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 06:36:00 pm »
Shaun,

No i wouldn't have noticed a hub cap mate, or that they were Hispanic. So,.... what are you saying here Shaun, they were far better looking in your 1973 era??  lol!!  ...or just real Cute??

I always found, ...there never seemed to be an in-between with Hispanics, they were either the half-side of a double decker bus or like beanpoles, or bloody ugly or just gorgeous!!...haha!!  I'll let you consider what type i preferred and sometime chased and won!! ...haha!!

David....

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 06:50:53 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='15840' dateline='1252354905'

ROFLMAO............It's not a bloody SKIRT:@...IT'S A BLOODY KILT:@:....lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Schoolgirls here like to wear these skirts...I mean kilts lmao!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.