Author Topic: My story so far...To be continued...  (Read 24045 times)

shaun

RE: My story so far...To be continued...
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 10:07:17 pm »
David,

Your assessment of Hispanic females is correct and yes the drop dead gorgeous ones were my preference. I dated several while growing up. I almost married one in college but her parents just didn't like me. Some 35 years later I can still remember the first words her mother spoke to me, "What rock did you crawl out from under?"  Youch!!!  Of course, looking at some of the pictures of me when I was that age, I can understand why she said that.

What exactly does this have to do with skirts... I mean kilts?

Shaun

Offline phil

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2009, 11:54:20 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='15888' dateline='1252375637'

David,

Your assessment of Hispanic females is correct and yes the drop dead gorgeous ones were my preference. I dated several while growing up. I almost married one in college but her parents just didn't like me. Some 35 years later I can still remember the first words her mother spoke to me, "What rock did you crawl out from under?"  Youch!!!  Of course, looking at some of the pictures of me when I was that age, I can understand why she said that.

What exactly does this have to do with skirts... I mean kilts?

Shaun

Shaun, I went to school with many Hispanic girls (in Texas) that were breathtaking beauties. When they're really pretty they are exquisite and usually quite fussy. They're also very fiery, have incredibly short tempers, and are the personification of high maintenance.... Prone to do bodily harm with whatever is at hand if they suspect they've been trifled with!

They tend to go for the devoted hard working Hispanic males who worship the ground they walk on.....and get treated like crap.

I'm done with bad and the ugly....it's time for the good.

Arnold

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:57 pm »
Phil , I totally agree with you there . I was married to a half latina Wife for 30 year's and met many Hispanic's in that time . I seen it all , or at least more then I care to see . You have just found another reason of mine " Why Chinese " .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:59:36 pm by Arnold »

Offline phil

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2009, 12:40:29 am »
I like the sound of Rob's lady....you know all those beautiful things she's saying. That's what I want!!!

I want a traditional Chinese woman like Rob's and Jim's or any of you guys!  

You guys are love this from a new admirer...I went to her profile page and this caught my eye. Translator prose surely (I'm a natural Skeptic) but damn sweet none the less....

"If you were a teardrop in my eyes, For fear of losing you, I would never cry. And if the golden sun, Should cease to shine its light, Just one smile from you, Would make my whole world bright."

You gotta love that

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2009, 05:48:36 pm »
phil...I like the sound of my lady....lol

Seriously though, as good as 'it' seems that these are 'my Keren's' words, with everything that has gone on with 'deceptions from agencies, and especially with Mike's trip (he is in the same agency) I 'NOW' have to re-evaluate everything that has been written to me???

What 'she' has said or 'written' too me, I now have to question, was it 'her or was it the translator'???

I said before that I would take my gut instincts into account, and with a dash of 'hope' and a drop of 'skepticism' I will go on this forthcoming journey with my EYES WIDE OPEN...

Offline funkymusician

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2009, 06:18:51 pm »
Hi Scottidh Rob,
Yeah, I do remember 'Chopsticks'. It was a piano instrumental. It was very good. Probably written by a Chinese, or Brit ex-pat.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2009, 08:07:19 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='16202' dateline='1252619316'

I said before that I would take my gut instincts into account, and with a dash of 'hope' and a drop of 'skepticism' I will go on this forthcoming journey with my EYES WIDE OPEN...

Rob, throw a little faith in there and you'll be fine.  We all have 'big' hopes for you man.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2009, 08:41:41 am »
Today I sent for my visa, a double entry one..Here's hoping....

I have only just over another 8 weeks til 'the face to face'.  I know all the bravado statements etc from myself may seem irritating, but I think these are just my 'defenses'.  Truth be told 'I am terrified', 'I am scared sh.tless'.  There are so many thoughts running around my mind.  Whatever the outcome, it will be something that I think, no, something I know, I will remember for the rest of my life

But you also have to remember guys, this is NOT just about meeting Keren.  I am giving up everything i know here, but I am sure it will be for the good.  He he the nerves are starting to 'kick in' hehe

brett

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2009, 08:54:44 am »
Hmmm, I wonder who writes those little poems on the profile pages? Some of them are completely hatstand (I think that is the correct word for them :huh:).

Vince G

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:53 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='16693' dateline='1253019284'

Hmmm, I wonder who writes those little poems on the profile pages?

I found most of the poems are a few lines from the ladies fav poem or a fitting on. Or maybe it's the translators fav poem?

David5o

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 09:39:24 am »
:icon_arrow:I went to school with many Hispanic girls (in Texas) that were breathtaking beauties. When they're really pretty they are exquisite and usually quite fussy. They're also very fiery, have incredibly short tempers, and are the personification of high maintenance.... Prone to do bodily harm with whatever is at hand if they suspect they've been trifled with!

They tend to go for the devoted hard working Hispanic males who worship the ground they walk on.....and get treated like crap.

I'm done with bad and the ugly....it's time for the good.:icon_arrowl:

This is stereotyping, as if ALL Latino ladies are just the same as described here, ...of course there Not!!
The same applies to Ladies from Hong Kong, many here would have you belive that the HK lady is only after a ''Sugar Daddy'' Having lived and worked there, i can assure you there Not!! Sure you can meet that type of lady in the bars and clubs, but they are far outweighed by the every increasing lonely divorced ladies in HK

Not many here are probably aware, that many HK single and  married Chinese men are now going over to the mainland to play around with the women there. Yes, they have the same or very similar traits as the mainland Chinese men. The shortcoming of all this, is the growing number of divorced ladies being recorded in HK.

I know of one such lady, who is a young 44 yr old and desperately wants to be married again. ...And i can tell you, she is just about the most genuine lady you could ever wish for, A far cry from this really silly stereotyping we all hear about. She is an educated bi-lingual normal woman, with an 11 yr old son, has a normal good job at a bank, and owns her own apartment on HK Island.  ...Sound much like a ''Gold Digger'' to you??

Just remember, there are as many bad minded ladies in China as there are anywhere else in the world, so you still have to weed out the good ones from the chuff....

David .....

shaun

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2009, 10:06:35 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='15816' dateline='1252349963'

Vince, that is great.  The Spanish Mafia playing the Godfather theme on bagpipes. What would there be to fear?  Where would they hide their guns?  Up their skirt... I mean kilt?  Plus if they were traditional Scotsmen and they reached for the gun.  What if they grabbed the wrong object?  I don't know if I should say this but I've heard if you yank it twice it will shoot at you too. Of course I wouldn't really know about these kinds of things.  I mean, it would be difficult for me to control my laughter. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

But Rob, to maintain the brotherhood and keep thing friendly between us I will agree to not send any bagpipe music to Keren.  He address is probably the agencies anyway.  I could just send it to her translator instead.  I would tell the translator, what ever you do please do not give this CD to Keren.  Of course what ever the translator did she would be responsible for.

I went to a high school in Texas called Bel Air High School.  Our mascot was the Highlander and we had an all girl Bagpipe and Drum Corps. I've attached a picture from when I was in High School of the band and the school logo.

Quote from: 'David5o' pid='16696' dateline='1253021964'

:icon_arrow:I went to school with many Hispanic girls (in Texas) that were breathtaking beauties. When they're really pretty they are exquisite and usually quite fussy. They're also very fiery, have incredibly short tempers, and are the personification of high maintenance.... Prone to do bodily harm with whatever is at hand if they suspect they've been trifled with!

This is stereotyping, as if ALL Latino ladies are just the same as described here, ...of course there Not!!
The same applies to Ladies from Hong Kong, many here would have you belive that the HK lady is only after a ''Sugar Daddy'' Having lived and worked there, i can assure you there Not!! Sure you can meet that type of lady in the bars and clubs, but they are far outweighed by the every increasing lonely divorced ladies in HK

Not many here are probably aware, that many HK single and  married Chinese men are now going over to the mainland to play around with the women there. Yes, they have the same or very similar traits as the mainland Chinese men. The shortcoming of all this, is the growing number of divorced ladies being recorded in HK.

I know of one such lady, who is a young 44 yr old and desperately wants to be married again. ...And i can tell you, she is just about the most genuine lady you could ever wish for, A far cry from this really silly stereotyping we all hear about. She is an educated bi-lingual normal woman, with an 11 yr old son, has a normal good job at a bank, and owns her own apartment on HK Island.  ...Sound much like a ''Gold Digger'' to you??

Just remember, there are as many bad minded ladies in China as there are anywhere else in the world, so you still have to weed out the good ones from the chuff....

David .....

Excellent response.  Thanks.

Shaun

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2009, 02:15:00 pm »
Wow, david, I mean,.... Wow, that post was smokin, give em hell brother, nice one David. :icon_cheesygrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline phil

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 06:04:30 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='16696' dateline='1253021964'

This is stereotyping, as if ALL Latino ladies are just the same as described here, ...of course there Not!!...

David .....

Hi David....I didn't know you were Hispanic and grew up in Texas. Qué pasó amigó!

That was my experience and NOT an observation, I never said that ALL latino women were like that, I said: "I went to school with many Hispanic girls (in Texas) that were breathtaking beauties. When they're really pretty they are exquisite and usually quite fussy. They're also very fiery, have incredibly short tempers, and are the personification of high maintenance.... Prone to do bodily harm with whatever is at hand if they suspect they've been trifled with! They tend to go for the devoted hard working Hispanic males who worship the ground they walk on.....and get treated like crap".

This refers to a select group of women and is a statement of fact based upon my personal experiences...it is not meant as a generalization of ALL latino women.

Felipe

:)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:38:03 am by phil »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »
Hi guys I meant to say...Yesterday i posted my Visa application form, so I was really happy...:icon_cheesygrin: Today when I went to the post office to post something else, the attendant told me, That 'should' be ok getting there, there is a strike on!!!!!:s:huh:

So now on top of everything that has happened, I have the agonising wait to see if my application from is going to get to the embassy...:huh: God sometimes this past few months it feels as if fate is conspiring against Keren and Myself:huh::huh::@:@